User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Lindsey wants to release his other four songs he recorded with Mick and John. Stevie is not on any of them.
I don't know about anybody else, but if Stevie refuses to come to the party, I would be perfectly happy to buy a Men of Mac album full of songs by Lindsey, Mick and John. Obviously it would be ideal if Stevie (and Christine - for three or four songs) came back into the studio with the band, considering how much she goes on about loving being in Fleetwood Mac and how she would never break up the band.

If she really is the barrier to them doing a full length album, I say just bloody do it without her.

Disappointed to hear that Christine will at best only be singing Don't Stop with them in London - I was hoping they could maybe surprise us and change the setlist for just one night to include some of these songs: Believe Me, Come a Little Bit Closer, Warm Ways, Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Songbird, Think About Me, Honey Hi, Hold Me, Little Lies, Isn't it Midnight, Skies the Limit, Hollywood (Some Other Kind of Town), Temporary One, You Are (hey, BN get to do solo work at FM concerts!)

Last edited by secret love; 05-10-2013 at 10:14 PM..
Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
she not going to contribute her own songs, she'll do background or harmony vocals on his songs, but I get the feeling she not giving up her songs for fleetwood mac
yeah that's how i read it too.

also, that they don't necessarily have to wait for her to contribute some of her songs so that they have the whole album, but instead keep releasing in little drips what they have as they make it. you know, just "throw it out there".

in one of the radio interviews last week, Lindsey said something about Stevie being in the process of writing songs when she came to his studio, but she didn't have anything ready yet so she brought WY instead.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
she not going to contribute her own songs, she'll do background or harmony vocals on his songs, but I get the feeling she not giving up her songs for fleetwood mac
I have a hard time imagining her pride would allow the release of a Fleetwood Mac album in which she is relegated to being a background singer with no artistic contribution of her own. She'll have to be completely in or completely out.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And the thing is, I think it would be easier to get Christine to sing on the other Lindsey songs. To sing and play on them or to contribute songs of her own than it would be to get her on the stage in London. She'd actually have fun recording, is my guess.

Lindsey's not dumb, so I don't understand exactly why he doesn't see that the way to get Stevie is to work with Christine instead. He could have an FM album. He wouldn't have to worry about doing any of those Christine songs in concert, because he could just do Miss Fantasy with Stevie, in addition to Sad Angel and Without You, so the Christine stuff could just be on record. It would generate tremendous publicity. First time together since 1997 (well I know it's 1998, but the media doesn't).

I think the buzz it would cause might help him on his solo tours. Why he doesn't want this as an option is beyond me. Also, to repeat, if he did that and started recording with Christine he'd have to beat Stevie off anyway. So, if he'd work with Christine he wouldn't need Stevie (and would still have her on tour), but he would get her, anyway like it or not. She would run to him down whichever Christine road he chose.

I think Mick understands this, but what is Lindsey's deal?

Michele
Old 05-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And the thing is, I think it would be easier to get Christine to sing on the other Lindsey songs. To sing and play on them or to contribute songs of her own than it would be to get her on the stage in London. She'd actually have fun recording, is my guess.

Lindsey's not dumb, so I don't understand exactly why he doesn't see that the way to get Stevie is to work with Christine instead. He could have an FM album. He wouldn't have to worry about doing any of those Christine songs in concert, because he could just do Miss Fantasy with Stevie, in addition to Sad Angel and Without You, so the Christine stuff could just be on record. It would generate tremendous publicity. First time together since 1997 (well I know it's 1998, but the media doesn't).

I think the buzz it would cause might help him on his solo tours. Why he doesn't want this as an option is beyond me. Also, to repeat, if he did that and started recording with Christine he'd have to beat Stevie off anyway. So, if he'd work with Christine he wouldn't need Stevie (and would still have her on tour), but he would get her, anyway like it or not. She would run to him down whichever Christine road he chose.

I think Mick understands this, but what is Lindsey's deal?

Michele
Maybe he's not into the Mac all that much. I mean sure there's the tours.....but face it it's probably just Mick's money machine. Just throwing that out there.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I have a hard time imagining her pride would allow the release of a Fleetwood Mac album in which she is relegated to being a background singer with no artistic contribution of her own. She'll have to be completely in or completely out.
It's not an album, just some EP's. The album idea got canned because of her.

I don't think pride is really a issue for Stevie. She has kissed the right ass to get collaborations or to get on tv shows. She is a smart gal. Fleetwood Mac is selling a ton of tickets because of her. If she doesn't want to do, she doesn't want to do it.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
Maybe he's not into the Mac all that much. I mean sure there's the tours.....but face it it's probably just Mick's money machine. Just throwing that out there.

Mick
But I think Lindsey is into it. After SYW he said that he would never have to do solo projects again, if they could keep new FM music going. Obviously, that didn't work out and he may realize that he and Stevie are not going to work together on new tunes again, because she doesn't want to, but I think he would still be into FM, if for no other reason than that he can get his own songs more exposure with that name on them.

I mean, it may be a cynical justification and I'm not saying it's Lindsey's primary one. I'm just saying that for many reasons, including that one, I don't think he's over Fleetwood Mac today, though he used to be 20 years ago, maybe.

Michele
Old 05-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But I think Lindsey is into it. After SYW he said that he would never have to do solo projects again, if they could keep new FM music going. Obviously, that didn't work out and he may realize that he and Stevie are not going to work together on new tunes again, because she doesn't want to, but I think he would still be into FM, if for no other reason than that he can get his own songs more exposure with that name on them.

I mean, it may be a cynical justification and I'm not saying it's Lindsey's primary one. I'm just saying that for many reasons, including that one, I don't think he's over Fleetwood Mac today, though he used to be 20 years ago, maybe.

Michele
That's what i meant, lol. He sees FM now as purely a bigger solo "Machine" Not as a unit anymore. He may not SAY that....but after that EP....come on, lol

Kinda smart thinking too.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
That's what i meant, lol. He sees FM now as purely a bigger solo "Machine" Not as a unit anymore. He may not SAY that....but after that EP....come on, lol

Kinda smart thinking too.

Mick
Does he really have a choice to see it any other way? Christine left the band and Stevie is gently trying to.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in.

Michele
Old 05-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Either way it's fine with me.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

in one of the radio interviews last week, Lindsey said something about Stevie being in the process of writing songs when she came to his studio, but she didn't have anything ready yet so she brought WY instead.
I just don't understand this. Stevie doesn't even have to write anything. She has a whole vault's worth of unreleased/unrecorded material she could bring. Easily...
Old 05-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

same Billboard article, classicrockmag.nl version (straight from google translate - always great fun to read these direct translations):

http://classicrockmag.nl/nieuws/flee...ey-buckingham/

Fleetwood Mac brings more new songs, says Lindsey Buckingham
Dominique May 11, 2013 News

It's not even two weeks ago that Fleetwood Mac released an EP with four new recordings, but according to Lindsey Buckingham fans can look forward to more unreleased tracks from the band.

In the recently released Extended Play , the three recent tracks Sad Angel, It Takes Time and Miss Fantasy, supplemented by a much older version of the Without You (from the period in which Buckingham and Stevie Nicks were not yet members of Fleetwood Mac). In an interview with Billboard Buckingham reports that eight new songs were completely written and recorded with producer Mitchell Froom, and that the other compositions also true: "It is perhaps too early to say where it leads all go, but I can say that you're going to hear more. than these four songs of Fleetwood Mac The only question is how and when, you know? "

The singer and guitarist is an EP an excellent way to bring out new music: "When I was growing up, there were lots of EPs. Albums were not really an art form. It revolved around singles and in some ways is that now also so. It is very tempting to turn. Three or four numbers on a ep That can be very effective. I have no pre-conceptions of what Fleetwood Mac is going to do or what the band should do. You just do what you can do and what seems logical. "

Former colleague Christine McVie had recently been know to be open for a guest appearance during shows of her old band in London, but Buckingham is convinced that they never come back to the band. However McVie has recently dined in Los Angeles with the rest, says Buckingham, "That was great fun, because she was exactly the same as before and they made ​​me laugh. There was always a good chemistry between the two of us and it clicked right back when I saw her, and that's incredible. I would like to see them comes the stage for Do not Stop when we are in England, but otherwise you will not draw much - even though I'm convinced that people will try. "

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

and just for completion purposes, same article again, NME version:

http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-mac/70232

May 11, 2013 10:13
Fleetwood Mac news

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham confirms that they'll continue to release new material

Fleetwood Mac Tickets Guitarist says it's 'just a matter of how and when' they follow up the 'Extended Play' EP...

More Fleetwood Mac news, reviews, videos and tour dates
Buy Fleetwood Mac music from Amazon

Photo: Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham has confirmed that they plan to continue releasing new material.

The recently reformed band put out their first new material in 10 years with their 'Extended Play' EP and, in an interview with Billboard, Buckingham said it was "safe to say" that they would be releasing more new songs in the future.

He said: It's safe to say there is more than these four songs that you're going to hear from Fleetwood Mac. It's just a question of how and when, you know?
Buckingham went on to add: "When I was growing up, EPs were all over the place. When I was growing up, albums were not really an art form; the single was the thing, and in some ways it has gotten back to that a little bit. The whole thing is just kind of wide open now, and it really is tantalising to be able to put together just a few things, three or four songs on an EP.

"There is something quite effective about that, for sure," he continued. "I have no preconceptions one way or the other in terms of what Fleetwood Mac will do or even what Fleetwood Mac should do. You just do what you can do and what makes sense logically - and politically.

The guitarist also insisted that former member Christine McVie - who is not part of the reformed line-up - was "never going to rejoin the band", but did reveal that the pair had recently spent time together at a reunion dinner in LA and suggested he would be open to her appearing onstage with them on their forthcoming tour.

"It was a trip, because she was the same old person I'd always known, and she was cracking me up," he said. "We'd always had just a great chemistry, the two of us, and we just kind of hit the ground running as soon as I saw her, which was kind of amazing. If she wants to come up and do 'Don't Stop' with us when we're in England, I'd love to see that. But beyond that I think there's not too much you can make out of it - although I'm sure people will try."

Fleetwood Mac are currently on tour in the US and will play a string of UK dates later this year. The band will play:

Dublin 02 (September 20)
London O2 Arena (24, 25, 27)
Birmingham LG Arena (29)
Manchester Arena (October 1)
Glasgow The Hydro (3)

To check the availability of Fleetwood Mac tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/TICKETS now, or call 0844 858 6765.
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-ma...Hu8iQrubLId.99

Old 05-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ultimate classic rock version - same interview, a bit different slant (i'm waiting for vivfox to jump on me for posting all these ) -

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...-new-material/

FLEETWOOD MAC PLANNING TO RELEASE MORE NEW MATERIAL
by Dave Lifton May 11, 2013 11:31 AM

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Brian Killian, Getty Images

When Fleetwood Mac announced that they would release only a handful of new songs to coincide with their current tour, some thought it seemed like the act of a band on its last creative legs, grudgingly going into the studio in order to drum up interest in a series of lucrative concerts. However, in a new interview, Lindsey Buckingham said that there is more to come.

The guitarist told Billboard that the band recorded eight songs – four more than were released on last month’s ‘Extended Play‘ – and that they are looking for the right time to release them. “It may be too early to tell where things are going to go,” he said. “[But] it’s safe to say there is more than these four songs that you’re going to hear from Fleetwood Mac – it’s just a question of how and when, y’know?”

Buckingham added that changes in the music industry from Fleetwood Mac’s heyday made this possible. And now that they’re putting out their music independently, they have the creative freedom to see which new directions that leads to.

“When I was growing up, albums were not really an art form,” he continued. “The single was the thing, and in some ways it has gotten back to that a little bit. The whole thing is just kind of wide open now, and it really is tantalizing to be able to put together just a few things, three or four songs on an EP. There is something quite effective about that, for sure. I have no preconceptions one way or the other in terms of what Fleetwood Mac will do or even what Fleetwood Mac should do.”