Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eh...

It'd be fine with me if Lindsey and Stevie just did solo albums and never did another FM album. I'm sure Stevie will be coming out with another one in the next year or two, and I'm anxious to hear it. As for Lindsey...I'd love to hear an album from him, too, but I don't know that I'd expect it before Stevie does hers. I hope we get to hear them both soon, though.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want them to just do Fleetwood Mac, but they just can't agree on when to go back into the studio.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 07-11-2004, 11:00 AM

Notice the difference in tone. This is a very recent interview, a conclusion to which you can arrive by using your powers of deduction. Lindsey went home for a few days, worked on some new material and did an interview or two.

Though he is very diplomatic, bless him, he seems to be souring on the Fleetwood Mac thing again. Either that or disagreements with other band members about the next step have made him change his tune. Keep in mind that while after the release of SYW he was talking in terms of doing another FM record, Stevie was not. She seemed to hint at wanting to make another solo album and left a question mark about another FM record, if I recall correctly.

Now Lindsey has written a lot of new material and he wants to release it. Of course we must take his sense of urgency with a grain of salt, but I suspect something has happened to change his mind about doing another FM record as opposed to a solo album. He has even revealed more about the reconvening of the band for The Dance than ever before. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this account of a dinner meeting at which he was talked into doing The Dance is a new revelation. Previously there has been some vague talk of it happening spontaneously.

If he is serious about a solo album, he should get it out in a hurry. He already has a bunch of songs he could use, and for new stuff, he should use the approach he took on Love Minus Zero/No Limit. Though it sounds like big production, the song is actually rather simple in comparison to a lot of other stuff on the record. At most there are two guitars, but it might even be just one.

Get your guitar out, Lindsey, put the songs together and get them out there. We'll listen.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Being someone who thinks of sound in terms of images, it's almost like slopping paint on a canvas."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!! SHUT UP about the PAINT thing already!!

but the rest of the interview is a nice read
Old 07-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Keep in mind that while after the release of SYW he was talking in terms of doing another FM record, Stevie was not. She seemed to hint at wanting to make another solo album and left a question mark about another FM record, if I recall correctly.
But then about three months ago, one of our local pop/rock radio stations, during its "VH1 Music-News Minute" segment, played a new interview with Stevie where she said they've been having a lot of fun on the road, and she's looking forward to doing a new Mac album "when everyone is ready."

So maybe her early trepidation was based on concerns of whether or not they'd get along during the course of the tour, and that trepidation then subsided as the tour progressed... leaving her optimistic about the future of Fleetwood Mac?

And (and this isn't necessarily directed at what you said, Carne, but just in general) I still didn't take Lindsey's comments to be somehow negative towards Fleetwood Mac, or the idea of them working together again.

All he said was that, in his opinion, they couldn't continue to tour every summer (since we have to keep in mind that this is the second summer in a row that they've toured), unless they record another new album... otherwise it would look like it's just for the money.
So he's saying that, unless by some chance they'd manage to all get in a recording studio this fall and complete an album in time, they won't be touring next summer.
It was the journalist's assumption that this could be the "last ever" tour.

But who knows what's going on with them.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 07-11-2004 at 02:48 PM..
Old 07-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
And (and this isn't necessarily directed at what you said, Carne, but just in general) I still didn't take Lindsey's comments to be somehow negative towards Fleetwood Mac, or the idea of them working together again.
I agree. To me, it seems that he would be very interested in starting a new FM album in the fall. However, I get the feeling that is not what the other members want to do. It has to be Stevie, which is surprising because she always said that FM came first and now with only two writers in the band she has more room to put her songs out. It can't be Mick and John, what else do they have to do besides another FM album?

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Notice the difference in tone. This is a very recent interview, a conclusion to which you can arrive by using your powers of deduction. Lindsey went home for a few days, worked on some new material and did an interview or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour
He was just home on 6/18 for almost a week so it could have been very recent. It seems to mirror an interview from a few weeks ago.
From Mark Brown, author of the article in an email to me:

"I can't remember the exact date, but it was about four weeks ago, I believe. It was before this leg of the tour.
I may have more notes about the solo stuff that didn't make it into the article. He did sound very serious about getting it out, and specifically mentioned touring in the spring of '05."

Old 07-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
From Mark Brown, author of the article in an email to me:

"I can't remember the exact date, but it was about four weeks ago, I believe. It was before this leg of the tour.
I may have more notes about the solo stuff that didn't make it into the article. He did sound very serious about getting it out, and specifically mentioned touring in the spring of '05."

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

Thanks, darling! Cross your fingers everyone!

Old 07-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Thanks much!!!!!!

WOOOOO FREAKIN HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Can we fast forward to Spring '05? LOL!!!

Old 07-12-2004, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
WOOOOO FREAKIN HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Can we fast forward to Spring '05? LOL!!!

My thoughts exactly Christy!!
Old 07-12-2004, 05:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
"Being someone who thinks of sound in terms of images, it's almost like slopping paint on a canvas."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!! SHUT UP about the PAINT thing already!!

but the rest of the interview is a nice read
ITA - bless his vociferous heart - between that metaphor and the self-portrait he paints ( sorry ) of the long suffering always unwillingly intervened on solo artist . . .

but, maybe this time he will find an outlet to release his solo work before Stevie and the gang form an imposing caring circle around him that winds up with in another FM record after Stevie's next two solo records.

Alas, such is FM and I LOVE them for it

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-12-2004, 08:53 AM

If he's thinking 2005, he must be planning to release the GOS leftovers. Really, he could do that and add a two or three new tunes. The other new stuff could be shelved for an FM release in a couple of years.

As much as I want to get excited about this, I will refrain. This is Lindsey we're talking about.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Mark Brown is going to share some more of his Lindsey interview with us:

"I had a fairly long talk with Lindsey (45 mins; these days you're lucky to get 15 with anyone) and there's a bit of stuff that didn't make it into the paper. I don't think I'm going to be at my computer with the Lindsey transcript till Tuesday, and it'll take a day or two to consolidate some info, but I'd be happy to pass on the info that expands on what made it in the paper. I can also dig up the actual date of the interview.

If you don't hear from me by thursday, email me again and I'll get to it. If you want to post it, that'd be great; I don't think I can stand registering myself as a poster on yet another board!"
Old 07-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"I had a fairly long talk with Lindsey (45 mins; these days you're lucky to get 15 with anyone) and there's a bit of stuff that didn't make it into the paper. I don't think I'm going to be at my computer with the Lindsey transcript till Tuesday, and it'll take a day or two to consolidate some info, but I'd be happy to pass on the info that expands on what made it in the paper. I can also dig up the actual date of the interview.

If you don't hear from me by thursday, email me again and I'll get to it. If you want to post it, that'd be great; I don't think I can stand registering myself as a poster on yet another board!"
Thanks, Chris! Can't wait to read the rest of the transcript
Old 07-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's great! Thanks for contacting him so all of us can benefit!

Patti

Last edited by Patti; 07-12-2004 at 11:15 AM..