The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-09-2004, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To find Cory, look for a blond with a big tattoo on her neck walking around the stage before and after the show. That be she

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 07-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Hey, I'm a dude and Lindsey signed for me! I brought a vintage shot of him from the Mirage tour and waved it at him. He smiled and said he would come back after the encore. When I showed it to him again after Goodbye Baby, he nodded like "Oh yeah!" and came to sign. I shook his hand and said "thank you so much." And he smiled and said "you're welcome." Then that drunk beeyotch behind me ruined the photo, but hey I had the experience.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've seen a lot of guys get things signed - at the San Jose show, a guy had the Acoustic Guitar mag w/ LB on the cover, and the Crying in the Night 45 picture sleeve. He got both of 'em signed.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hey guys!
Thanks again for the info (and Hayley you are too sweet with your comment!) :-)

I will take all the pointers into account! I can't really change my seat as I am with my husband and that wouldn't be nice to do for him however he knows I may have to move into the front briefly or whatever to get the album signed. He's more worried about Mick spitting on us than anything - LOL! (he remembers that from the last show even though we weren't close enuf to "appreciate" Mick's spit) He said he's bringing a rain coat for that part!

It seems it's best to show LB the album in the beginning and get him to sign after GYOW? Maybe if I can get his attention for a bit and hold it up a few times he'll see it. I will definately talk to those in front of me too and ask them for some help if necessary!

2 more days!!!!! I can't wait - will post a review of course!
Lauren
Old 07-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was fortunate enough to get 2 signatures from Lindsey for myself & a friend (Skcin) on our SYW CD covers in Toronto. I was front row, just to the right of LB's mic. I missed him the first set of signings (right at the end when they leave the stage for the 1st encore) but then I stood there with my cd's & sharpie up in the air for the rest of the show & he finally signed at the very end of the show. He signed alot that night, maybe 10 sig's at the end. Good luck! Signatures are great but sometimes they ruin the show when that's all your concentrating on & not enjoying the show!
Old 07-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
It definitely depends on the venue and how strict their security policies are (or how big-headed any particular security guard is I swear, some of these people think they're high and mighty). Often, it is technically limited to the first three rows, and sometimes only of the center section if the seats are divided into three sections. Some places may have additional security checking tickets near the front to make sure you belong up there. Overall, it is definitely easier to get up front at outdoor venues due to the way they're typically set up (lots of space between the front row and stage). If possible, keep wandering around back and forth in front of the stage before the show starts, and then "oops!" be up there when the show starts and mix right in. Try finding an empty seat upfront and tell someone you're going to pretend to know them if security bugs you. Just tell them you'll head back to your seat soon after you finish talking to "this friend you haven't seen in years" and milk it as long as possible. The people you're faking it with might act like you're crazy, but who cares? You'll never see them again! See my Clark Co show notes for some tactics I've successfully used. Some places will let you head to the stage, say, 5 minutes before showtime, whereas others make you wait until the band comes out. Just be ready to move fast because as soon as they allow it, it's a crunch! I know some Ledgies have paid people with tickets in the front row to trade with them. If you have an aisle seat, you're luckier because it leaves opportunities to dart up front without causing as much of a commotion. Even if it's a little worse seat, maybe offer to trade with someone on an aisle, since you'll have bigger and better things ahead of you. Take the time to scope out possibilities before the show starts. See if the side or center aisles look better, or which security guard look easier to slip by. A quick dart may be your best bet, or slowly climbing rows of seats into any available empty chairs over the course of the first couple songs may work better. Usually, if you have the will to do whatever it takes, you'll make it somehow! You could try asking another audience member to distract a problem security guard with a question while you slip past. At my last TISL show in Seattle, I was determined to get upfront for EO17 for the first time. The security at that particular venue (Key Arena) is seriously assinine, but my boyfriend (who is large and possibly scary-looking to those who don't know him) feigned a rucus as I darted past the three security guards. They told him he would have to leave if he didn't go back to his seat, and he obviously obliged since he just wanted me to make it! One lady actually sprinted after me in an attempt to chase me down (get a life, people!), but I ducked down and mingled quickly by which point she gave up.

BEST OF LUCK!!!
Thanks for all the info! I am determined to get to the stage this time! Last time, it wasn't easy because I went with people and I didn't want to be rude and desert them. This time I am all by my lonesome and don't care if I make a fool of myself- I want to get to the stage! My only concern is that I am so much younger then anyone else (16) and a I might be a target to security guards!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 07-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Good luck!!

It's so rad when you get Lindsey's sig on stuff!!! He signs for whoever he has time for...guys, girls, whatever. He's so awesome!

I agree with who said, don't take your record, just the cover, and take 2 pens, in case one won't write or something. LOL I'm like a friggin Boy Scout, always be prepared.

One thing that irks me about the whole thing tho...people who get stuff signed to put on Ebay. That leaves the REAL fans out of luck if he signs for those people, then runs out of time before he gets to the REAL fans. Not fair!!!
Old 07-09-2004, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847

One thing that irks me about the whole thing tho...people who get stuff signed to put on Ebay. That leaves the REAL fans out of luck if he signs for those people, then runs out of time before he gets to the REAL fans. Not fair!!!
it does suck ass that some who are wanting autographs turn around the next moment and are hockin' en on eBay...Sucks that a real appreciative fan may not receive and autograph cause of those "'graph seekers".

Good luck on getting a signature...

Brian "the Ytse jammer (aka Dream Theater fan)...And co-owner of the prized K.U. autograph" j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847

How about when you see the same fans at 10 shows (no, I'm not exaggerating) getting Lindsey to sign something. I mean, one, two, even three....but when you get him to sign something every single time when you know there are going to be many more fans there who are only going to one show and lucky enough to be in the first row and they walk away with nothing...as long as you walk away grinning cause he signed your 10th thing
Old 07-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour
How about when you see the same fans at 10 shows (no, I'm not exaggerating) getting Lindsey to sign something. I mean, one, two, even three....but when you get him to sign something every single time when you know there are going to be many more fans there who are only going to one show and lucky enough to be in the first row and they walk away with nothing...as long as you walk away grinning cause he signed your 10th thing
Yeah but it depends... If you have front row tickets for two, three or four shows maybe more, especially seated right in front of LB then I think it's fair game myself. If you are prepared for the financial sacrifice to see him up close then I don't see a problem.

As long as you don't get him to sign the same album title every time and don't auction the stuff off afterwards for financial gain. Just interacting with LB and playing his Turner was enough for me really and the few bits he signed for me at the gigs are memories of the individual shows. We might not see Lindsey play in the UK again (23 years between his tours last time!) and myself and some other really cool UK, European (and an American ) Ledgies wanted to savour every moment......

If you want LB to sign your "Buckingham Nicks" album Lauren you need to make sure you are near Lindsey's microphone and just to the right in the gap between his monitor speakers (you will see a gap on the stage) right at the end of Don't Stop. Make sure you have a sharpie ready, gold looks the coolest I think, (carry a backup) and be prepared to wave it at him, or better still place it at his feet.. Christy is right, don't take the record itself but make sure you cut some card up and place it inside the sleeve because when Lindsey picks it up he is in a hurry to sign and chances are he will grab a corner which will bend and crease the sleeve if it's not stiff enough...

Have a fun time...

Old 07-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
Yeah but it depends... If you have front row tickets for two, three or four shows maybe more, especially seated right in front of LB then I think it's fair game myself. If you are prepared for the financial sacrifice to see him up close then I don't see a problem.

As long as you don't get him to sign the same album title every time and don't auction the stuff off afterwards for financial gain. Just interacting with LB and playing his Turner was enough for me really and the few bits he signed for me at the gigs are memories of the individual shows. We might not see Lindsey play in the UK again (23 years between his tours last time!) and myself and some other really cool UK, European (and an American ) Ledgies wanted to savour every moment......
Sorry, but when these fans sometimes see 20 or 30 people at that same stage trying so hard to get something signed and you're there getting your 10th+++ thing signed.... preventing him from signing something for someone else, I think that's wrong and very greedy. Lindsey's not signing 20 or 30 things per show, he can't....give other fans a chance. There are some shows where he's barely signing 3 things and they've hit this city once or twice. Most fans going to that many shows know that the majority of people in the front rows are seeing a few shows at most, why not let them get their item signed. Like I said, you want a few signed, fine...but don't be greedy about it so other fans get nothing.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour
Sorry, but when these fans sometimes see 20 or 30 people at that same stage trying so hard to get something signed and you're there getting your 10th+++ thing signed.... preventing him from signing something for someone else, I think that's wrong and very greedy. Lindsey's not signing 20 or 30 things per show, he can't....give other fans a chance. There are some shows where he's barely signing 3 things and they've hit this city once or twice. Most fans going to that many shows know that the majority of people in the front rows are seeing a few shows at most, why not let them get their item signed. Like I said, you want a few signed, fine...but don't be greedy about it so other fans get nothing.
I was front row in the seat right in front of Lindsey for 2 shows and myself and a couple of other ledgies worked very hard to get those seats and I for one made sure I made the most of every moment on those nights, and I might add if it wasn't for me on both of those nights nobody at the front would have got anything signed because I was the only person ready with a sharpie and Lindsey signed everything with it. If I knew of somebody that paid top price, and worked their ass off to pay for those tickets for 10, 20 or 30 shows, the amount of shows is irrelevent, then I wouldn't begrudge them, they earned it.

It's not called greed it's called opportunism and hard work.

If I was on the other side of the front row or behind row 1 and couldn't get to Lindsey then tough... It is entirely possible for anybody from the first 3 rows to get a place right in front of Lindsey if they get there early enough. If you had acquired a ticket for the exact seat in front of Lindsey's microphone front row and somebody in a row from behind you walked in front and stood there in front of you then would that be ok for you? and how many times would it be OK for them to do it? One show, twos shows or more? Get my point? Would they be greedy or would they be taking the opportunity at the time?

You can argue the same principle with the thread over band wages.. For Lindsey and Stevie to get twice as much as Mick and John per show. Is that greed? Or opportunism and hard work on behalf of those members and their managers? How about them getting more for one show, or two.... maybe three.....
Old 07-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ok guess I need another sharpie (I still have the one I had Marty Balin of Jeff. Airplane use to sign my CD - did I tell you guys I got backstage and he dedicated a song to me? Another story but at same venue at Fiddler's where FM is playing Sunday night!) And no, am not a groupie - LOL in case you guys are wondering - he's just my other fave singer and I got very lucky!

Anyway, I definately won't take the album with the cover - I have the gatefold so it will open up - maybe I should do something to close it? Also I have NO PROBLEM waving and smiling at LB - trust me!!! (read my tour review from 1997 and you will see!) however I am in 2nd row but 13 seats in (center) so I can't get out that easily on the aisle - I am going to have to move ahead instead. I think I need to make friends with someone in front of me too and get them to maybe throw on stage and get back for me? I am going to do my best to hand it to him though! I really hope he signs!!!! This is my third FM show - maybe three is the charm!!!

Woo hoo!!! 2 more days!
Lauren

Last edited by Lauren; 07-09-2004 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: wasn't clear on something
Old 07-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You can argue the same principle with the thread over band wages.. For Lindsey and Stevie to get twice as much as Mick and John per show. Is that greed? Or opportunism and hard work on behalf of those members and their managers? How about them getting more for one show, or two.... maybe three.....
We obviously have a difference of opinion about how many items one fan needs signed at the expense of so many other fans who will go without getting anything at all signed.

As for your comment on the band wages, I don't see how you're bringing that into this conversation as an analogy, but since you are. Stevie and Lindsey are the front men for the show, they're the stars. As much as all fans love the entire band and it wouldn't be Fleetwood Mac without John and Mick, most fans are there to see and hear Stevie and Lindsey sing and perform the songs they've written over their career with the band. I don't see that as greed. In most theatrical performances, be it movies, theater or musical performance, most times there's a star. If we're going to put your equal pay theory to work, then I suppose there shouldn't be anywhere in the arts that the stars or front men get paid more money, everyone should be paid equally. For that matter, why is there any difference in pay scale anywhere in life, maybe everyone who works for every company should be paid equally across the board. The president of a corporation shouldn't be greedy and take a larger salary, they should be happy so forgo the difference in their wages so all of the employees in the company can share the difference and everyone can share one pot. Maybe you can start a movement in your own company by offering to give up your wages to a general pot to be shared by all of the employees, maybe everyone would follow your lead.

I think everyone has opportunities in life, maybe I'm weird wanting other fans to have that special moment and momento from a show and Lindsey signing their picture or album cover. I don't see why some fans need 10 or 20 things signed when one there are so many who will go without it because one person wants it all. For that matter, if you're saying opportunity is what matters and you manage to get the opportunity because of your great seat location that you've worked so hard for? .....why not be able to use that opportunity and sell the signature on Ebay. Isn't that what your idea of opportunity is all about?

I've been at many shows where I've been lucky enough to be right up at the stage and I've helped people behind me move forward and get their item signed. I never thought that perhaps I'd be taking away your opportunity if you worked so hard to get that perfect seat and now some poor soul who wasn't as lucky as you got their 1st and only item signed and you didn't get your 8th thing signed because he didn't have enough time to sign both. I guess the person I helped took away your opportunity. What a shame. And yes, it would be okay if the person from the 3rd row who managed to get to the stage and stand next to me got their item signed instead of me.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is entirely possible for anybody from the first 3 rows to get a place right in front of Lindsey if they get there early enough.
I'm confused, can you really just go to the front of the stage and find a spot before the show even starts?

I was in row five for the West Palm Beach show and got up to go the bathroom in the middle of the show. When I came back, I stood at the side of the stage for a few seconds and a security guard asked to see my ticket and told me to go back to my seat.

Also, is standing right at the stage looking at Lindsey and Stevie's feet comfortable? I would think after a good 2 and a half hours you would get sick of looking up and you would get a neckache. Can someone who has stood right at someone's feet comment on this?

We were frail...
Save us...