Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Watching the videos some of the songs are a little rough. But I'd still go to the shows just to see them. It's clear the crowd is enjoying themselves. I do wonder how the next world tour is going to go given what's going on here. It's clear there are parts when Lindsey isn't playing, Chris isn't playing and she was using a teleprompter to get the lyrics of Hold Me straight.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:42 PM

I did NOT lock the Wolftrap thread. As some of you might think.

I love the debates and don't really get offended by others' opinions of FMac and it's members. I do love this board and it's members. All of you. Even you Viv, who seems to think I have some sinister plan of pounding Stevie.

Just be civil to each other, folks. We're still human beings. If you don't like Stevie or Christine.. so what. We don't need people policing which members are being talked about.

What we need is you to be decent human beings State your opinion without attacking anyone. It's that simple. This is a great place with a great family.

Feel the honor of being able to express yourself. That's all.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I did NOT lock the Wolftrap thread. As some of you might think.

I love the debates and don't really get offended by others' opinions of FMac and it's members. I do love this board and it's members. All of you. Even you Viv, who seems to think I have some sinister plan of pounding Stevie.

Just be civil to each other, folks. We're still human beings. If you don't like Stevie or Christine.. so what. We don't need people policing which members are being talked about.

What we need is you to be decent human beings State your opinion without attacking anyone. It's that simple. This is a great place with a great family.

Feel the honor of being able to express yourself. That's all.
Just curious, do you know who did lock it, and why???
Old 06-29-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Just curious, do you know who did lock it, and why???
I do not. I haven't even read fully through it. I'm just glad TL is still here and running.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I do not. I haven't even read fully through it. I'm just glad TL is still here and running.
Me too.

Censorship is a VERY hot button issue of my own, and I realize that.

BTW, I'm cool, calm, and collected. I was 3 FEET from Christine's feet last week. What more could I ask for in life?
Old 06-29-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Me too.

Censorship is a VERY hot button issue of my own, and I realize that.

BTW, I'm cool, calm, and collected. I was 3 FEET from Christine's feet last week. What more could I ask for in life?
I'm so jealous! Those damn pitchy 74 year olds.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Saw BMac in Boston. A thoroughly enjoyable show! A big crowd in the 5000 seat seaside venue. Crowd stood almost entire evening and the band fed off the energy. Outside of a disappointing encore that failed to capture the energy that had blown the roof off the place during the YMLF, SA, GYOW, Everywhere fire blast, I can say this was simple joy for me.

In My World and So Afraid were pure ecstasy for me.

More thoughts later.
So glad to hear you enjoyed the show, John! And you also were lucky to be part of an enthusiastic crowd, which is ALWAYS a good thing!

Can you tell us more about Christine and Lindsey's performances? How did they sound?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Just adding my 2 cents here... I've been to two shows. I've watched a lot of the videos.

I would strongly caution against making a decision about attending one of these shows based on the quality of sound coming from the YouTube videos. Sure, this isn't Tusk-era Fleetwood Mac, but it's a good show and a lot of fun to watch. And given the price of the lawn/back-of-house tickets, it's a bargain.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Just adding my 2 cents here... I've been to two shows. I've watched a lot of the videos.

I would strongly caution against making a decision about attending one of these shows based on the quality of sound coming from the YouTube videos. Sure, this isn't Tusk-era Fleetwood Mac, but it's a good show and a lot of fun to watch. And given the price of the lawn/back-of-house tickets, it's a bargain.
I've heard some Tusk recordings where all 3 singers were way off. It's rock and roll, but I LIKE IT!!
Old 06-29-2017, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
So glad to hear you enjoyed the show, John! And you also were lucky to be part of an enthusiastic crowd, which is ALWAYS a good thing!

Can you tell us more about Christine and Lindsey's performances? How did they sound?
Lindsey was in great vocal form. His singing is far better now than say the 2003-2009 FM / Solo period.

Christine was pretty good. Lindsey does a lot more singing. For instance he carries much more of Feel About You live. Actually Christine was very good on her leads, with Brett fattening up some of her leads and shares with Lindsey. The one exception being the closer, Game of Pretend, where she had some missteps both vocally and on the keys. Otherwise, I think she acquitted herself quite well.

Lindsey was almost euphoric on stage. Happy, being the band leader, a non-stop smile, and Christine's interactions with him were real, genuine, and true. They smiled and laughed with and at each other throughout the night.

I came away from the night with giant smile and a wave of good feelings.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Lindsey was in great vocal form. His singing is far better now than say the 2003-2009 FM / Solo period.

Christine was pretty good. Lindsey does a lot more singing. For instance he carries much more of Feel About You live. Actually Christine was very good on her leads, with Brett fattening up some of her leads and shares with Lindsey. The one exception being the closer, Game of Pretend, where she had some missteps both vocally and on the keys. Otherwise, I think she acquitted herself quite well.

Lindsey was almost euphoric on stage. Happy, being the band leader, a non-stop smile, and Christine's interactions with him were real, genuine, and true. They smiled and laughed with and at each other throughout the night.

I came away from the night with giant smile and a wave of good feelings.
After reading your comments I'm also with a big smile while at work!

I've read several comments about Lindsey being in a better vocal form. That's fantastic.

Well, about Game of Pretend, it's almost at the end of the show, so I'm not complaining. I'm surprised though about Lindsey doing more vocals on Feel About You than Christine.

Glad to read they're being happy on stage, individually and with each other. That's what I'm waiting to see!

Oh, and thank you for answering me.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 06-29-2017, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Children! Stop bickering and bashing the mods for some imaginary censorship! I locked that DC thread - any thread starter has an option to lock their own thread if they don't like where it's going. Locking it did achieve exact purpose i wanted - move the bickering to the next show thread.

peace and love!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-29-2017, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at the Boston show last night, and it was great. Both Lindsey and Christine sounded very good, vocally. The set list was absolutely brilliant. By ending with a beautiful new song (the fabulous "Game of Pretend") INSTEAD of "Songbird," they were making a real statement: "we are NOT Fleetwood Mac, and we don't have to follow the same old set-in-stone format."

The little acoustic set that started the show worked really well. It didn't even really matter which four songs they did (although "Wish You Were Here" was a perfect choice, and performed beautifully); just to see the two of them together on stage was a thrill. And it was obvious they felt the same. There was genuine affection and gratitude flowing between the two of them all night. Did anyone else notice the little joking gestures Lindsey made toward Christine during "Go Your Own Way"? Then he went over and nuzzled up next to her with his guitar as if to say, "Did you get it? Did you get the joke I just made?"

It's true that Lindsey carried more of the lead vocals than Christine, but he does have a stronger voice, and he is used to being the band leader. When she did take the lead vocal, she sounded really good. She was definitely playing real keyboards on several of the songs, including the ethereal "Game of Pretend." There's no reason to suppose that any of the vocals were pre-recorded; after all, there were three other skilled vocalists in the band and they were able to provide all the singing that was needed.

My only disappointment, really, is that they omitted my two favorite songs from the new record ("On With the Show" and "Carnival Begin"), but the ones they DID play were fabulous.

Can anyone supply me the names of the drummer and bass player? I need them if I am going to write a proper review of the show for my website.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Children! Stop bickering and bashing the mods for some imaginary censorship! I locked that DC thread - any thread starter has an option to lock their own thread if they don't like where it's going. Locking it did achieve exact purpose i wanted - move the bickering to the next show thread.

peace and love!
I respect your right to lock a thread you started, elle. I don't think you meant it to be, but your comment here seems a little condescending when you start off with "Children!" And I didn't notice any "bickering" UNTIL that thread was closed, and even then it was just people speculating as to why that thread was closed. Thanks for clearing it up.

I am being sincere, not trying to argue or tick anybody off. Just giving my perspective on the situation, right or wrong.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I was at the Boston show last night, and it was great. Both Lindsey and Christine sounded very good, vocally. The set list was absolutely brilliant. By ending with a beautiful new song (the fabulous "Game of Pretend") INSTEAD of "Songbird," they were making a real statement: "we are NOT Fleetwood Mac, and we don't have to follow the same old set-in-stone format."

The little acoustic set that started the show worked really well. It didn't even really matter which four songs they did (although "Wish You Were Here" was a perfect choice, and performed beautifully); just to see the two of them together on stage was a thrill. And it was obvious they felt the same. There was genuine affection and gratitude flowing between the two of them all night. Did anyone else notice the little joking gestures Lindsey made toward Christine during "Go Your Own Way"? Then he went over and nuzzled up next to her with his guitar as if to say, "Did you get it? Did you get the joke I just made?"

It's true that Lindsey carried more of the lead vocals than Christine, but he does have a stronger voice, and he is used to being the band leader. When she did take the lead vocal, she sounded really good. She was definitely playing real keyboards on several of the songs, including the ethereal "Game of Pretend." There's no reason to suppose that any of the vocals were pre-recorded; after all, there were three other skilled vocalists in the band and they were able to provide all the singing that was needed.

My only disappointment, really, is that they omitted my two favorite songs from the new record ("On With the Show" and "Carnival Begin"), but the ones they DID play were fabulous.

Can anyone supply me the names of the drummer and bass player? I need them if I am going to write a proper review of the show for my website.
Awww! That's so sweet! I bet it was a Stevie's joke! These two! Thanks for the positive review! Always appreciated! Glad you enjoyed it so much!