Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default MOJO May 2019 - FM issue

https://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/moj.../mojo-may-2019

MOJO 306 – May 2019: Fleetwood Mac

Heralding their hotly anticipated homecoming shows, MOJO embraces all of Fleetwood Mac’s stellar phases, celebrating their 50 Greatest Songs while interrogating Mick and Christine about their latest incarnation... and why Lindsey had to go.

many had asked them on twitter whether there will be anything beyond the ole "we were not happy" bs, and they said there will be much more. we'll see, not holding my hopes up, probably the same ole bs from Mick and Christine as in their other recent interviews touting UK shows of the "happy happy new band".

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-14-2019, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And this is why I must go ...

Is this going to be when they start trashing him? That's fine, but it will reveal everything they said about it being because of him not wanting to tour as the lie that it was.

I still wish you gone.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And this is why I must go ...

Is this going to be when they start trashing him? That's fine, but it will reveal everything they said about it being because of him not wanting to tour as the lie that it was.

I still wish you gone.
i fully suspect that yes. especially judging by the last 2 interviews Mick gave and that one Chris gave, both touting the UK dates.

there's also this line / teaser -

COVER STORY: FLEETWOOD MAC The 50 Greatest Songs from every incarnation of The Band That Refused To Die, from heart-rending blues to solid gold pop. Plus: their latest unbelievable chapter told with exclusive new interviews. “It was a really bad time,” admits Christine McVie.

https://www.mojo4music.com/articles/...YBMM7rw-vAA_4I

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-14-2019, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
“It was a really bad time,” admits Christine McVie
From the start, I assumed that this was entirely just Stevie refusing to be in the band with LB and everyone else reluctantly giving her what she wanted. Like I’ve always thought the rest of the band liked Lindsey and never would’ve gone along with this if they weren’t backed into a corner by Stevie. Even then, it’s surprising to me that they’d be able to go through with it if they had any love for LB at all.

But Chris and Mick now constantly talking about how unhappy they were and what a “bad time” it was has me wondering if maybe there was more to it. They could easily refuse to talk about the subject, keep it out of interviews like Stevie’s been doing, or just give vague “It’s a difficult situation and this was all we could do to continue touring” answers. That’s what they would be doing if they truly liked LB, wanted him in the band, and agreed to this under duress. But instead, they’re flat out saying things that make him look bad. Like that they were all unhappy and that it was a bad time. That’s not the behavior of innocent bystanders who didn’t want this to happen. It’s becoming more apparent to me that perhaps they aren’t completely full of sh*t and maybe there was something LB was doing that had multiple band mates annoyed - or at least just not loving him enough to fight for him. Idk, just a thought.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
People have been demanding more information for a long time, but I question whether it's really going to make anyone feel any better. If the new details are ugly, the situation could easily go from bad to worse--for the band members, the people close to them, and their fans. It would be sadly ironic to end up wishing the initial lie had just been accepted in the first place.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
From the start, I assumed that this was entirely just Stevie refusing to be in the band with LB and everyone else reluctantly giving her what she wanted. Like I’ve always thought the rest of the band liked Lindsey and never would’ve gone along with this if they weren’t backed into a corner by Stevie. Even then, it’s surprising to me that they’d be able to go through with it if they had any love for LB at all.

But Chris and Mick now constantly talking about how unhappy they were and what a “bad time” it was has me wondering if maybe there was more to it. They could easily refuse to talk about the subject, keep it out of interviews like Stevie’s been doing, or just give vague “It’s a difficult situation and this was all we could do to continue touring” answers. That’s what they would be doing if they truly liked LB, wanted him in the band, and agreed to this under duress. But instead, they’re flat out saying things that make him look bad. Like that they were all unhappy and that it was a bad time. That’s not the behavior of innocent bystanders who didn’t want this to happen. It’s becoming more apparent to me that perhaps they aren’t completely full of sh*t and maybe there was something LB was doing that had multiple band mates annoyed - or at least just not loving him enough to fight for him. Idk, just a thought.
He sued them and made them pay ..these greedy old crows hate that .Look at their subsequent treatment of Bob Welch and the old crone Christine blocking him from Fleetwood Mac's R&RHOF induction after he sued them. Come between these people and their $$$ and you're sure to make their sh*t list.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
But instead, they’re flat out saying things that make him look bad. Like that they were all unhappy and that it was a bad time. That’s not the behavior of innocent bystanders who didn’t want this to happen.
i was wondering about that line too. Mojo certainly knows how to reel in readers! we know they're not gonna say anything bad for the band reputation because they are promoting their UK dates and they have to prove how they were right to throw him out.

i'm gonna withhold my judgement on Christine till i read the interview. if she throws Lindsey under the bus than she's just as bad as the rest of them.
saying she's happy happy happy with Lindsey in 2017 and than just as happy happy happy after Stevie and Mick throw him out in 2018/19 is kinda kooky, but i guess you are promoting your current tours in both cases.

we were all giving Christine benefit of the doubt because:
1) she insisted in CBS interview she didn't know about Lindsey ouster
2) she repeated the same in Rolling Stone audio interview and said she was in the UK when they told her and that when she left for the UK everything was fine and dandy
3) she sent that email to Lindsey saying she misses him and she had nothing to do with the ouster.

sounds like Christine wants to have her cake and eat it too.

now Mick and Stevie have been on sh*t-on-Lindsey spree since april 2018 and never stopped, providing a number of contradicting excuses for what they did, so anything Mick says has no meaning at this point.

you can be unhappy or annoyed with someone you [barely] work with (although recording of BuckVie video seems to mightily contradict that unhappiness claim). that doesn't mean you should throw them out of the band of equals, where he has done huge stuff for that band's success over decades and where everyone had been annoying for 50 years, at the very end of the road as they are about to retire. the only band out there that still had their classic lineup intact. and because that was done without just cause, they paid up that lawsuit as fast as they could (after their dramatic "we will see you in court! we dispute everything he says!").

Old 03-14-2019, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
He sued them and made them pay ..these greedy old crows hate that .Look at their subsequent treatment of Bob Welch and the old crone Christine blocking him from Fleetwood Mac's R&RHOF induction after he sued them. Come between these people and their $$$ and you're sure to make their sh*t list.
we don't know it was Christine. because the only info about that came from Mick. Mick said that to Wendy Welch. he threw Christine under the bus. and Mick has been lying on other stuff, so why do we believe him on that one?

Old 03-14-2019, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
People have been demanding more information for a long time, but I question whether it's really going to make anyone feel any better. If the new details are ugly, the situation could easily go from bad to worse--for the band members, the people close to them, and their fans. It would be sadly ironic to end up wishing the initial lie had just been accepted in the first place.
and we would care about that why?

i don't really know how situation can get worse for fans. right now there are tons of ex Stevie and Fleetwood Mac hardcore fans who have been following them for decades who cannot even stand to listen to the music that has been the soundtrack of their lives. they are also not talking to tons of other Stevie fans who are staunchly standing by her now, many claiming she's an angel who can do no wrong and has finally got rid of her lifetime nemesis. and in some cases those fans have been friends for years, but now those friendships are broken. just look around here, all the riffs between people and endless name calling. people want to know what happened, the good and the bad and the ugly.

and apparently, Lindsey wants to know what happened too, who was unhappy and why. and why they didn't talk to him and tell him that, and try to work it out. as normal people would.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

at least they picked a cover photo where Stevie looks like total sh$t
Old 03-14-2019, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Innocent people don't pay. The band settled. Why?
Old 03-14-2019, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Innocent people don't pay. The band settled. Why?
Exactly. I doubt we will want the initial lie to be true. And if Lindsey is asking what went wrong and they don't want to talk to him and prefer to trash him in a magazine instead of talking like adults, I don't have to believe anything they say.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you can be unhappy or annoyed with someone you [barely] work with (although recording of BuckVie video seems to mightily contradict that unhappiness claim).
YOU went from being relatively happy with Mick in November, 2017 to detesting him by February, 2018. A lot can happen in a year. Things change, perspectives change, sometimes very quickly.

I could understand why Stevie, Mick, and Azoff became unhappy with Lindsey. It’s also understandable how being around a legendarily toxic relationship would make bystanders like Christine unhappy.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-14-2019, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
YOU went from being relatively happy with Mick in November, 2017 to detesting him by February, 2018. A lot can happen in a year. Things change, perspectives change, sometimes very quickly.

I could understand why Stevie, Mick, and Azoff became unhappy with Lindsey. It’s also understandable how being around a legendarily toxic relationship would make bystanders like Christine unhappy.
i don't know these people, even if what you are claiming were true. other than Lindsey, i never really talked to any of them. very different from people who went together through thick and thin for 50 years, don't ya think?

Lindsey didn't change from 2017 to 2018. and certainly not from Nov 2017 to Jan 2018. that's a month, not a year. he didn't change for years, probably decades. he's been way mellower and nicer than in their heyday, so how him changing for the better is suddenly a problem?

yes being around toxic relationship is draining. Christine knew what she was coming back to. they all knew and lived with it for decades. Christine mentioned back in 2017 interviews how they all get along great, except Lindsey and Stevie. she also mentioned how much nicer to work with Lindsey is now as opposed to back in the heyday when he was asocial and razor focused on work. so what did change? Stevie gained more power. she became very commercially successful again. that's what changed. she felt she had enough power to pull the ouster.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and we would care about that why?
Well FWIW, when I said band members I was including Lindsey. An inability to come to an agreement over a touring schedule doesn't really make anyone sound that awful. But if Christine, who is often seen as a voice of reason, elaborates on what made it "a really bad time" and puts at least part of the fault on Lindsey, he may look worse than he does now. And that will just give the different factions of FM fans more to fight about.