Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Angry Bad (possibly) news for Atlanta concert goers

Kelly can attest to this...I was just strung the biggest load of BS by the fan club over the last week. To make a long story short, I had to cancel my vacation to Atlanta to see my brother because I didn't get the concert ticket in time.

After the run-around...the fan club just revealed to me the tickets were NEVER mailed out for the Chastain park show. They will be at will call!!! I was told SEVERAL times my ticket had been mailed. So all of you sitting on your bums waiting for your ticket in the mail, like I've been, just haul ass to Atlanta because the tickets are at the venue.

Fan club sons of bitches.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That IS kinda ridiculous..you would think they could have told you all that ahead of time..don't feel bad..I'm still kicking myself because I didnt buy fan club tix for the atlanta show..and paid a lot of $$ for tix that are OK..but not fantastic...and the problem is i never got the emails for the chastain show presale...and missed it..by the time i checked the fan club site..so i feel a little ripped myself..lol

BUT dont worry about it..just come on down here to ATL.. have a blast..and like strandinthewind said, buy a rain poncho just in case...because it is isolated showers on Sat..

See ya at the show

Chris
Old 05-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yea, i just found that out too.. just called them and they told me that they didn't get mailed it time! so lame! :/ Ah well, its going to be a good show!

Ian
Old 05-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy Grrr....

I'll say it again just because I'm still mad...fan club sons o bitches.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Ledgie

The same thing happened to me! I called two days in a row, and both days they said they had been mailed that day, and then the next day I call they say they'll be at will call. What a load of crap.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well at least you guys had the brains to call up. I was still waiting and I am leaving from RI on Saturday morning.

Maybe they can switch my 14th row for 1st.

Thank you My Little Demon for the info.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What is this will call? How do you know you won't go to will call only to find out that the tickets aren't there either? I am just really nervous because I just called the club and my tickets for Jacksonville are most likely going to be at will call. Can anyone explain this to me? Is this a sure thing or a way for the fanclub to wash their hands of this whole ticket situation?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christopher...if they say they will be at Will Call you can bet they will...they wouldn't screw around with something like that.. Make sure you bring a Photo I.D. to pick up tickets at will call window...many fan clubs do this for all their presales, so scalpers wont use them...

Chris
Old 05-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a little info for you all on the Chastain will call window :

Will Call: If you need to purchase tickets or pick up tickets on the night of the show, please go to the Will Call window at the Box Office located next to Gate #1. IF YOU ARE PICKING UP PRE-PAID OR COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS, PLEASE BRING YOUR PICTURE I.D. We cannot release any pre-paid or complimentary tickets without a valid picture I.D. matching the name under which the tickets are being held. (If you would like for someone else to be allowed to pick up your tickets, those arrangements must be made in advance.)
Tickets may be purchased at the Box Office with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or cash on the night of the show. We do not accept checks.
The box office closes shortly after the headline act goes on stage. All pre-paid or complimentary tickets that have not been picked up by that time are taken to Gate 1. You must still show the proper picture I.D. to pick up the tickets!
Old 05-14-2004, 04:42 AM
Junior Ledgie

Unhappy Not impressed

I, too, called yesterday to get the news about our tickets being held at Will Call. I had inquired last week by email and had been told that they would mail last Monday. I asked the Customer Service Rep how we were supposed to know that without calling. She had no reply. This has been a very stressful situation. The payoff will be a great concert, but i am not very impressed with the fan club's performance so far.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Grrrrrrrr

Yup, the fan club does not know what is going on with the tickets they are selling. They certainly charge your credit card fast enough, don't they?

I am flying to Atlanta....the tickets BETTER be at Will Call or I might self implode.

I hate the fan club...big time.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 05-14-2004, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Yup, the fan club does not know what is going on with the tickets they are selling. They certainly charge your credit card fast enough, don't they?

I am flying to Atlanta....the tickets BETTER be at Will Call or I might self implode.

I hate the fan club...big time.
The tickets WILL be at will call. Try not to worry about that! Just make sure you bring your photo ID!!!!

I'm getting ready to leave to go to Atlanta! I hope to see a lot of you guys there! Look for signs!
Old 05-14-2004, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am definitely no friend of the fanclub, but it seems like the only part of this we can blame on them is that they entrusted Fanfire to handle the sale and distribution of the tickets.
First Fanfire kept saying they had not received the tickets from the venue. Early this week they said they finally HAD received them and that they would be overnighted. Finally, they explained that there was not enough time to send them out and guarantee that everyone would get them, so they returned them to the venue to become will-call.
Who knows what the heck is true, but it seems like this problem has been between the venue and Fanfire.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Anyone want to meet up? i think ill be tailgating along the street near the stables.. look for a Champaign GMC 2500HD Longbed truck.. or call my cell...

(404)-394-2796

Ian.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
Kelly can attest to this...I was just strung the biggest load of BS by the fan club over the last week. To make a long story short, I had to cancel my vacation to Atlanta to see my brother because I didn't get the concert ticket in time.

After the run-around...the fan club just revealed to me the tickets were NEVER mailed out for the Chastain park show. They will be at will call!!! I was told SEVERAL times my ticket had been mailed. So all of you sitting on your bums waiting for your ticket in the mail, like I've been, just haul ass to Atlanta because the tickets are at the venue.

Fan club sons of bitches.
Sorry to hear that. I'd be furious.

- Jake
Old 05-14-2004, 08:13 PM
bluewhitefire
This message has been deleted by bluewhitefire.