The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Are you going to purchase this?
Yes 22 41.51%
No 25 47.17%
Maybe 5 9.43%
I would rather have rectal cancer! 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2019, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
And guess what she left off this comp? Soldiers Angel.
If it's billed on the album as "featuring Lindsey Buckingham," he may have had to sign off on its inclusion.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:08 AM
pryderi
This message has been deleted by pryderi. Reason: Elle
Old 02-24-2019, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I don’t think so. This isn’t a very good package. There is too much filler on it from some sub par albums. There isn’t anything interesting on it, like cleaned up demos or new songs. No Stevie fan really needs this package and frankly, there are a lot of sub par tracks on this that don’t even show her at her best. This may turn off fans. It’s not her best.

She has 3 songs on the first disc from Street Angel - GROSS!!!! What the hell is her team thinking. Too much stuff from later career and not good choices.
it's a way of cashing in on all the publicity around the RRHOF stuff. People who may not have been buying her albums all along, or who are too young to know stuff other than the biggest hits will (they hope) get caught up in the hall of fame hype and decide to buy it. From a grab-as-much-cash-as-you-can-while-you-can perspective it's a smart business move. From a meaningful content, growth as an artist perspective, it's
Old 02-24-2019, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it's a way of cashing in on all the publicity around the RRHOF stuff. People who may not have been buying her albums all along, or who are too young to know stuff other than the biggest hits will (they hope) get caught up in the hall of fame hype and decide to buy it. From a grab-as-much-cash-as-you-can-while-you-can perspective it's a smart business move. From a meaningful content, growth as an artist perspective, it's
I think her solo career is over. I actually liked 24K Gold but I don’t see her ever giving us real versions of other demos like 3 Birds of Rhiannon, Forest of Black Roses, Mistaken Love, Night Gallery - these are some of her most atmospheric songs and they will never see the light day. I might have a made a purchase for something like that but another retread is out of the picture. Cannot believe how uninteresting this package is.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryderi View Post
Yes definitely and for Christmas gifts as well.
Yeah, I'll totally buy this. Even if only for not having to buy the soundtrack to get "Your Hand," I think it's worth it. But I also don't have quality copies of some of the duets, and remasters of some of these songs will be nice.

Folks are correct I think, that this is her RRHOF compilation. But I think it's a pretty unusual package with all those collaborations and live pieces, especially where she contributes the background vocals only (I know "Gold" was also on Enchanted, but there's several here). I think it's missing a few songs, recent-ish covers "Not Fade Away," and "It's So Easy," as well as the duet "I Pretend," and "Touched By An Angel," from the Sweet November soundtrack. That's my only quibble.

Last edited by HoursAndHours; 02-24-2019 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: A few other thoughts
Old 02-24-2019, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
Yeah, I'll totally buy this. Even if only for not having to buy the soundtrack to get "Your Hand," I think it's worth it. But I also don't have quality copies of some of the duets, and remasters of some of these songs will be nice.

Folks are correct I think, that this is her RRHOF compilation. But I think it's a pretty unusual package with all those collaborations and live pieces, especially where she contributes the background vocals only (I know "Gold" was also on Enchanted, but there's several here). I think it's missing a few songs, recent-ish covers "Not Fade Away," and "It's So Easy," as well as the duet "I Pretend," and "Touched By An Angel," from the Sweet November soundtrack. That's my only quibble.
I thought "Sometimes It's a Bitch" would have been on the duets CD as well, but I know Stevie wasn't crazy about the song. Also, "Real Tears," Intuition," and "Desiree" (the last two with Rick Vito would have been nice, too, along with the songs you mentioned.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know those business boys haven't asked me, but I'd have pushed her Bella Donna and Wild Heart deluxe sets for RRHOF. Why just let those fade from view? Don't they have any more gas in their tank?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-24-2019, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I suppose Lindsey's recent boxset was just for the heck of it, right?

They're all as bad as eachother when it comes to money. Had the fall out not happened, I'm sure all 5 of them would continue to peddle the same hits tours and compilation packages and reissues.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
And I suppose Lindsey's recent boxset was just for the heck of it, right?

They're all as bad as eachother when it comes to money. Had the fall out not happened, I'm sure all 5 of them would continue to peddle the same hits tours and compilation packages and reissues.
Uh...lets do some basic math.

Lindsey: 1 Anthology package with two new tracks. First comp of his entire career.

Stevie: Timespace, Crystal Visions, Enchanted, and now this. 9 discs later. Not to mention the soundstage thing which was essentially a live greatest hits.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A real snore fest zzzzzzzzz. However, I've always loved the cover photo...great choice!
Old 02-28-2019, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Uh...lets do some basic math.

Lindsey: 1 Anthology package with two new tracks. First comp of his entire career.

Stevie: Timespace, Crystal Visions, Enchanted, and now this. 9 discs later. Not to mention the soundstage thing which was essentially a live greatest hits.
Exactly. His first solo album was in what, 81? 82? And he puts out his first anthology, greatest hits, whatever you want to think of it as, in TWO THOUSAND EIGHTEEN. Over 30 years, one compilation.

He ain't the one "finding out what works and driving it into the ground."