Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind
I don't think Lindsey makes too much money off of his solo endeavors. Not remotely as much as he makes from FM.
If an indie band like Guided by Voices, who never had a hit, who are on their own label, and who are not remotely close to being multi-millionaires can successfully go out on tour, there is absolutely no reason why Lindsey Buckingham can’t do it.

Lindsey has the name, was a key part of a legendary band, has the hits, and has the money. If Lindsey really wants to do it, he have might possibly have to reconsider his approach if money is that big an issue, but there’s really nothing stopping him.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2018, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Okay, but the apparently jilted member of the band also has his own forum. Seems like that’s just as valid a place to mourn what happened to him.
haha nope. that forum is for solo stuff. this one is for Rumours 5.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-24-2018, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If an indie band like Guided by Voices, who never had a hit, who are on their own label, and who are not remotely close to being multi-millionaires can successfully go out on tour, there is absolutely no reason why Lindsey Buckingham can’t do it.

Lindsey has the name, was a key part of a legendary band, has the hits, and has the money. If Lindsey really wants to do it, he have might possibly have to reconsider his approach if money is that big an issue, but there’s really nothing stopping him.
yup. and while indie bands probably all live really cheaply and split costs and revenues, i also see bands like Bush extensively touring while having cheap tix in smaller venues and still making money. they do sell about 50 $200+ m&g per show though so i figure that's where they actually make some money. but they are definitely making money!

Lindsey only made money on a single one of his solo tours - OMS.

BuckVie tour also made money, but that doesn't count as LB solo.

all the other solo tours he was losing money. i suspect he may have been paying the guys in the band FM-level and traveled more in FM style, because i have no idea why otherwise he wouldn't have. OMS was just him and a couple of guys, had even smaller venues, and made money.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-24-2018, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
haha nope. that forum is for solo stuff. this one is for Rumours 5.
And yet the top sticky is about the LBCM tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And, there are four other people from that band who are still there, which means it’s still relevant here. Just as it was relevant last year when we posted in here when it only involved two members of that particular lineup.
haven't we already been through this?

5 or smaller combinations of the 5 go here. BuckVie was really 4 out of 5. same as SYW.

once you replace members and add additional people who are not classic 5, you're outta here! we have not 1 but 2 additional guys to replace Linds. so out they go!

i like being bossy!!

Old 04-24-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I was a roadie for GbV, we traveled in a 15 passenger van and a four passenger mini-van and stayed in moderate to hip upscale hotels (depending on city), two to three to a room. I usually slept on an air mattress (which meant I had the most consistent sleep). Five guys in the band, three roadies (drinking buddies), a tour manager, and Bob’s wife. Today, (new lineup), the drummer is the tour manager, Bob’s wife doesn’t tour, the entourage is just the five guys and a sound engineer/roadie, and they just travel in a 15 passenger van.

It’s actually very easy to do a tour and do so in a profitable way if one does it right.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
haven't we already been through this?

5 or smaller combinations of the 5 go here. BuckVie was really 4 out of 5. same as SYW.

once you replace members and add additional people who are not classic 5, you're outta here! we have not 1 but 2 additional guys to replace Linds. so out they go!

i like being bossy!!
Technically, it’s still 4 out of 5.

Plus…I just don’t like putting Neil Finn in the same bracket as Dave Mason.

What we need is a Current forum, which could exist regardless of who’s in or out.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-25-2018, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thought I'd share this thread I found on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/haleyclark/statu...946778624?s=21

These two ladies are friends and they're huuuge Stevie fans (or were, they've really stood against in her all this drama). One of them is the one behind the 'Inspirer' site, who's actually spoken to Stevie on multiple occasions. I think they have some connections/sources and basically they claim to know what happened re:Lindsey's firing and are saying that they met the man who interviewed them, found out the story that the band is going to spin and that it's a total lie and that they told him the truth about what actually happened.

If this is true I wouldn't be surprised to see some lawsuits getting filed soon...
Old 04-25-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Thought I'd share this thread I found on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/haleyclark/statu...946778624?s=21

These two ladies are friends and they're huuuge Stevie fans (or were, they've really stood against in her all this drama). One of them is the one behind the 'Inspirer' site, who's actually spoken to Stevie on multiple occasions. I think they have some connections/sources and basically they claim to know what happened re:Lindsey's firing and are saying that they met the man who interviewed them, found out the story that the band is going to spin and that it's a total lie and that they told him the truth about what actually happened.

If this is true I wouldn't be surprised to see some lawsuits getting filed soon...
LOL... I love Haley, she's a friend of mine and we live close to each other... She was a $tevie fan and doesn't apologize profusely like most of $tevie
fans. Haley calls it like it is.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 04-25-2018 at 07:41 AM..
Old 04-25-2018, 08:29 AM

http://crystallineknowledge.tumblr.com/post/173291091537/fleetwood-mac-on-cbs-this-morning-i-apologize
Old 04-25-2018, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"If all goes well this band says they hope to record" Very interesting...
Old 04-25-2018, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Crowded House but Neil Finn seems a really random addition to the band. And I feel like that comes across here. Mike Campbell feels natural, Finn seems like a hired gun.

Stevie looks amazing. I do think she's being hypocritical though.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for posting!

I'm in a different time zone and it was killing me to wait for it.

It left me feeling like I wanted to cry. And I'm pretty cynical about this band.

They made Mick be the one to face the music and tell the story. He won't use the word "fired" because that's an ugly word. Uh, but that's what it was obviously.

As I suspected they got right to it first thing in the interview.....and then moved on, or tried to, but it hung like a nasty smell over the rest of the interview.

Chris sat with her head sort of down, looking like she'd rather talk about anything else.

Stevie held Mike's hand and put her hand on John's arm.... I guess she needed a sense of emotional support (they were sitting) Mike held her hand but John did not-- he kept his hands to himself, so she rested her hand on his wrist. That was curious.

Both Stevie an Chris seemed quite uncomfortable during the talk about Lindsey.

There was ZERO statement of any kind about "we wish him well".

And they basically said the happy faces at Musicares was not real. Which makes you want to go back and watch it again.....and wonder at LB's comments about underneath it all is love.......
Old 04-25-2018, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
"If all goes well this band says they hope to record" Very interesting...
that, to me, was a deliberate slap in Lindsey's face
Old 04-25-2018, 09:09 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
that, to me, was a deliberate slap in Lindsey's face
What, now they want to record? I thought the icon said there is no money in making records, so she doesn't want to do records, or at least pay for them. Maybe $he will want them to do it on the cheap and go to Nashville for three weeks.

$he is something else.