User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you
Default No Lindsey Soundstage for New York

Or anyone else whose PBS affiliate is WNED out of Buffalo ... I wrote to the station today to ask when it was scheduled. Here's what I got back:

Thanks for writing us. There no broadcast dates set for season 3 of Soundstage at this time. Therefore, I can not say when Soundstage with Lindsay Buckingham will be broadcast Please feel free to
contact write again in the future to see when the series will be returning. We always enjoy hearing from our viewers and members.

Marnie Davis
Viewer Services Coordinator
WNED
Horizons Plaza
P.O. Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

that sucks but i am sure somebody will record it and put it on dvd.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark
Or anyone else whose PBS affiliate is WNED out of Buffalo ... I wrote to the station today to ask when it was scheduled. Here's what I got back:

Thanks for writing us. There no broadcast dates set for season 3 of Soundstage at this time. Therefore, I can not say when Soundstage with Lindsay Buckingham will be broadcast Please feel free to
contact write again in the future to see when the series will be returning. We always enjoy hearing from our viewers and members.

Marnie Davis
WNED
Horizons Plaza
P.O. Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240

Interesting - looks like we all got the same reply, copied & pasted.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like Season 3 is now starting to me.

http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/index.htm

And Lindsey has his very own page on there that specifically states his episode is premiering next month:

http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/l...m/featured.htm

I wouldn't even bother emailing any local affiliates, they know next to nothing. And I'm soooooooooooo excited to see the Heart episode and the new Chris Isaak one.

Last edited by dissention; 06-22-2005 at 10:00 AM..
Old 06-22-2005, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

And Lindsey has his very own page on there that specifically states his episode is premiering next month:

I wouldn't even bother emailing any local affiliates, they know next to nothing. And I'm soooooooooooo excited to see the Heart episode and the new Chris Isaak one.

OMG, HEART?!?! Now I'll be REALLY pissed if WNED doesn't get its **** together.

It's up to the local affiliates to decide what they want to put on the air & when. We did get LIB here once, very early morning on a weekend. Never got Chris Isaak. I've emailed PBS itself in the past & was told to ask my local affiliate.

Whatev - someone set the VCR for me, 'kay?
Old 06-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
OMG, HEART?!?! Now I'll be REALLY pissed if WNED doesn't get its **** together.

It's up to the local affiliates to decide what they want to put on the air & when. We did get LIB here once, very early morning on a weekend. Never got Chris Isaak. I've emailed PBS itself in the past & was told to ask my local affiliate.

Whatev - someone set the VCR for me, 'kay?
I emailed my local affiliate to ask when LIB was going to air and they told me twice that it wasn't. It aired the day after I got the second response and two more times after that. I emailed them again awhile back to ask about Lindsey's ep and they told me that it would be airing in the fall (of '04) and even gave me the date and times. It never aired. My conclusion: they know nothing.

Chances are that your station will air it, just keep checking the Soundstage website for airdates.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Did he wear that ugly black leather jacket for his Soundstage?

What a nimrod.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I emailed my local affiliate to ask when LIB was going to air and they told me twice that it wasn't. It aired the day after I got the second response and two more times after that. I emailed them again awhile back to ask about Lindsey's ep and they told me that it would be airing in the fall (of '04) and even gave me the date and times. It never aired. My conclusion: they know nothing.

Chances are that your station will air it, just keep checking the Soundstage website for airdates.
I completely agree - and in fact, just posted the exact same thing in another post. These "audience relations" types seem to know nothing.

Old 06-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A much more promising reply from good ol' Marnie:

Quote:
I'm curious as to why WNED does not air Soundstage as often as other PBS stations in other areas of the country. According to the main PBS website, the new season is premiering in the next month or
>so, yet you have no scheduled airdates.
>
>http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/featured.htm
>
>Heart, Chris Isaak, Lindsey Buckingham, John Mayer - wow - this is going to be a great season! I really hope I am able to see these episodes.
>It would be a shame to miss them because my local affiliate decided it wasn't worthy to be put into the schedule.
>
>Thank you for your time,
>Paula

Dear Paula,

Thanks for writing again. We broadcast Soundstage but the series is shown at 1:00am. The reason for such a late hour is that when we have placed the program in a primetime slot, no one watched it.
Much of our audience is older (like 65 +) and they prefer Lawrence Welk to Soundstage. Rather than not broadcast the series at all, we show it at a late hour. Since your last e-mail, WNED's
Director of Broadcasting informed me that the third season of Soundstage will begin in August 2005. The dates are still to be announced. Please contact us again with your programming questions,
comments and suggestions. We always enjoy hearing from our viewers and members.

Marnie Davis
WNED
Horizons Plaza
P.O. Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240
1am is better than nothing, I supppose.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Don't you know that Lawrence Welk is hotter then Lindsey Buckingham?! He really gets the crowd going!

Really, why do they even bother to produce a Soundstage if they think that it won't be popular?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, duh. We all know Lawrence Welk is a hottie.

We also know this kind of thinking is what sends a TV station into oblivion. When all their 65+ viewers die, who's going to be around to watch??? They should be catering to all age groups in their scheduling. But I digress...

Good on you, Paula, for writing to Marnie again - and posing the question that way. Maybe I'll drop her another note, too, suggesting that it's not only 65+ fans of Welk who count (or support PBS).

Old 06-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They should be catering to all age groups in their scheduling.

They do. Why do you think they put Austin City Limits on at friggin' MIDNIGHT?!?!
Old 06-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
We also know this kind of thinking is what sends a TV station into oblivion. When all their 65+ viewers die, who's going to be around to watch??? They should be catering to all age groups in their scheduling. But I digress...

Yeah, they will show Lawrence Welk and a new show called 'Yo, PBS Raps" before they will cater to the 25-55 group.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I wrote that to Goldie (anyone from Buffalo knows Goldie on PBS here ) last year with the whole LIB thing & she basically implied that since I (and people my age) haven't donated to PBS lately but older people do, that they were more important.

I replied that those older viewers wouldn't be around forever & that they had better start thinking about putting on better programming to lure in the youger population in order to get them to start donating or else there won't be a WNED/PBS for long.

BTW - they had absolutely NO problems whoring out The Dance for years during normal evening hours for donations.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Federal Funding to be slashed for PBS/NPR

Since you guys were discussing PBS thought this might interest you.

Hi,

You know that email petition that keeps circulating about how Congress is slashing funding for NPR and PBS? Well, now it's actually true. (Really. Check at the bottom if you don't believe me.)

Sign the petition telling Congress to save NPR and PBS:

http://www.moveon.org/publicbroadcasting/

A House panel has voted to eliminate all public funding for NPR and PBS, starting with "Sesame Street," "Reading Rainbow," and other commercial-free children's shows. If approved, this would be the most severe cut in the history of public broadcasting, threatening to pull the plug on Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Oscar the Grouch.

The cuts would slash 25% of the federal funding this year -- $100 million -- and end funding altogether within two years. The loss could kill beloved children's shows like "Clifford the Big Red Dog," "Arthur," and "Postcards from Buster." Rural stations and those serving low-income communities might not survive. Other stations would have to increase corporate sponsorships.

Already, 300,000 people have signed the petition. Can you help us reach 400,000 signatures today?

http://www.moveon.org/publicbroadcasting/

Thanks!

P.S. Read the Washington Post report on the threat to NPR and PBS at:

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=745