Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Registered

Default Concert revenue question:

Anyone know how they split the money from concerts? Is it evenly divided or do some get more than others?
Old 08-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Concert revenue question

I have no professional expertise to say, but I'm guessing among the Mac memebrs, they split revenue evenly. I would imagine when Stevie tours solo, her band members get a percentage of gross revenue (with the longest running members getting more.) What do you think?
Old 08-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfontherun View Post
Anyone know how they split the money from concerts? Is it evenly divided or do some get more than others?
No way John makes as much as Stevie, or even Lindsey, for that matter. Stevie is the drawing power when it comes to the Fleetwood Mac brand name.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
No way John makes as much as Stevie, or even Lindsey, for that matter. Stevie is the drawing power when it comes to the Fleetwood Mac brand name.
yeah, and lindsey does all the work.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
yeah, and lindsey does all the work.
true dat.
stevie does the least
Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Ledgie

And without John and Mick there would be no Fleetwood Mac and Stevie and Lindsey wouldn´t be anywhere near where they are now..
Old 08-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

if you think stevie gets more money...you have no fking idea
Old 08-16-2007, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There are a few old threads where this topic is discuessed. Several people in the industry commented on it. I seemed LB and La Nicks got the most per concert. Anyway, if you look for those threads, there is a wealth of info.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-16-2007, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcVie View Post
And without John and Mick there would be no Fleetwood Mac and Stevie and Lindsey wouldn´t be anywhere near where they are now..
probably. and don't forget Christine. She rescued the mac after Green left and made the chingching reality with her (sometimes in my opinion horrid) commercial tunes. (which were bubblegummed by the arrangements/productionideas of LB, ofcourse).

Mick and John are the Mac though. Nobody else.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

I believe Stevie and Lindsey get a slightly larger cut than Mick and John.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Could be. I bet they all got equal concert share except Mick back when Seedy was managing. Mick would have taken a bigger cut. I think he even admitted that at one point, figuring he was the guy to have to make the phone calls & walk into the hotel lobby first (after John Courage, that is).
Old 08-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I don't see why that would be. I'll bet that what's left after they pay their managers cut, the lighting & sound company, the roadies, the mini-Mac'ers, and all the other palms they need to grease on a show-by-show basis, they split evenly.

Stevie & Lindsey would get more income from recordings, being the remaining songwriters in the band, getting not only artist royalties, but also songwriting and publishing (depending on what percentage of the publishing rights of their songs they kept)

Live gigs is where the non-songwriting members of the/any band make most of their money.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I don't see why that would be. I'll bet that what's left after they pay their managers cut, the lighting & sound company, the roadies, the mini-Mac'ers, and all the other palms they need to grease on a show-by-show basis, they split evenly.

Stevie & Lindsey would get more income from recordings, being the remaining songwriters in the band, getting not only artist royalties, but also songwriting and publishing (depending on what percentage of the publishing rights of their songs they kept)

Live gigs is where the non-songwriting members of the/any band make most of their money.
I've heard Stevie and Lindsey get a larger cut than Mick and John. They don't really work it out internally, from what I've heard. Each of their individual managers (they all have different managers, except John and Mick) work out their individual artists' per night pay with the promoter. A promoter isn't going to pay John as much as Stevie (regardless of the fact that WE KNOW he's a huge and integral part of the band), but the simple fact is he's not the one drawing the majority of the crowds...

Also some bands, I'm not sure about the Mac, don't pay roadies, expenses etc. at all. The promoter (IE: Clear Channel), pays everything, and gives the band a nightly cut-except for personal expenses (management, and their personal staff of course, etc.).

Some older bands get "guarantees" regardless of ticket sales, FMAC did at least for the first 40 dates of their SYW tour.