The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not too harsh, just negative for no reason. But then I'm guilty of keeping the negativity going, too. Oh, why not, right?
Old 03-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Not too harsh, just negative for no reason. But then I'm guilty of keeping the negativity going, too. Oh, why not, right?
One doesn't need a reason to be negative. This isn't the Happy Happy Joy Joy forum.

The kind of comments that Stevie would routinely make about Lindsey are like the one in the interview Courtney Love did with her, to which I was referring.

Quote:
No, no. I would sit down and play him "Gold Dust Woman" on the guitar, my simple little version, and two days later it would be recorded, and it would be recorded really well. He could take my songs and do what I would do if I had his musical talent. When he wasn’t angry with me, that is. That’s why there’s seven or eight great songs, and there’s 50 more where he wasn’t happy with me and didn’t help me.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
One doesn't need a reason to be negative. This isn't the Happy Happy Joy Joy forum.
I feel a new sig coming on!

You are the best thing to ever happen to the Ledge. I sincerely mean that.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The kind of comments that Stevie would routinely make about Lindsey are like the one in the interview Courtney Love did with her, to which I was referring.
lol that quote. i wonder if it ever occurred to her that maybe he didn't have any hidden vendetta, that maybe she just didn't like it
Old 03-19-2017, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I feel a new sig coming on!

You are the best thing to ever happen to the Ledge. I sincerely mean that.
I couldn't agree more, a realist, no bull****, and fair.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Interesting... I took that quote to mean there were 50 other songs Lindsey didn't help her with, not that he recorded and ruined them. And she's totally acknowledging he helped make her songs great.

Last edited by bwboy; 03-19-2017 at 09:57 PM..
Old 03-19-2017, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I couldn't agree more, a realist, no bull****, and fair.
Remember that idiot site named Seven Wonders? You either worshipped, or were banned. Ridiculous!

A difference of opinions ours is what makes this world interesting! It's a sad statement about our current society, that so many can't handle opposing viewpoints.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Interesting... I took that quote to mean there were 50 other songs Lindsey didn't help her with, not that he recorded and ruined them. And she's totally acknowledging he helped make her songs great.
No there are some other quotes and things she's said similar to that where she said he worked on them and they weren't good and she said it was because he was sooooo mad at her, I remember reading it. It reminds me of how Ken Caillat also said that she told him Lindsey wouldn't do Planets of the Universe (or maybe Smile at You, I forget which) for Rumours because he was jealous Tom Moncrieff helped her work on it but someone asked Tom about that in his Q&A session and Tom himself said he didn't work on that song and wasn't helping her during that time of FM and then Stevie later offered her typical contradictions saying he just didn't know what to do with the song.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Remember that idiot site named Seven Wonders? You either worshipped, or were banned. Ridiculous!

A difference of opinions ours is what makes this world interesting! It's a sad statement about our current society, that so many can't handle opposing viewpoints.
I got kicked out of a FB group for saying I didn't like one of Stevie's photos.
Not her mind you.. a photo..

Elle was telling me how angry some chiffons and shippers are on twitter because they are jealous of Buckingham/McVie vs Buckingham/Nicks.

These people are truly insane sane sane sane sane sane sane...
Old 03-20-2017, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

Elle was telling me how angry some chiffons and shippers are on twitter because they are jealous of Buckingham/McVie vs Buckingham/Nicks.

These people are truly insane sane sane sane sane sane sane...
My brother, you're preaching to the choir! I dislike them far more than her.

Worship her or die! Meh, kiss my ass!
Old 03-20-2017, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My brother, you're preaching to the choir! I dislike them far more than her.

Worship her or die! Meh, kiss my ass!
Sure, I'll worship her . . . Assuming "her" is Bekka Bramlett.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-20-2017, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Sure, I'll worship her . . . Assuming "her" is Bekka Bramlett.
Bekka is a force of nature. Arguably the best singer FM ever had! She is amazeballs! And very sweet in person.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's funny how people can read the same posts and come away with such different interpretations. I 100% agree with what you said about blinders and worship, believe me. I do not do that with Stevie, or any other celebrity. I have no problem with people criticizing her, I've done it plenty of times. But name calling, like one poster does with his signature line, or making fun of her looks or weight, automatically makes me want to reply in kind about Christine or Lindsey, knowing it will annoy that poster in the same way. Petty? Sure. But no more petty than some of the other posters here.
Agreed.....I am always amazed that the name calling is allowed by moderators....'old goat breath' and making fun of what she wears is just nasty, uncalled for and surely bullying in reality....
Old 03-20-2017, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Are you talking about Ivory Keys? I heard that the guy who runs it has zero chill.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Agreed.....I am always amazed that the name calling is allowed by moderators....'old goat breath' and making fun of what she wears is just nasty, uncalled for and surely bullying in reality....
While I TOTALLY agree with you, it is in vain. You will not get anywhere here. It is their way or the highway. As much as the other INSANE board banned you for not liking Stevie, this is the opposite. You are marked idiotic and a SHIPPER if you have anything positive to say about her here. There is a person on the Stevie board claiming she is no longer an "artist" because she isn't making new music. Who knows if she is or not? Oh...the all knowing ones here, that is who knows. LOL