The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Focus on Bekka Bramlett. Discover her new single "What's on my mind"!

December 20, 2009
Focus on Bekka Bramlett. Discover her new single "What's on my mind"!

On April 19, 1968, in Westwood California, Rebekka Ruth Lazone Bramlett (Bekka) was born to Delaney and Bonnie Bramlett.The Bramletts were a successful duo in the early 70’s, having gained fame by blending a unique combination of country, rock and roll, gospel, and R&B. They performed along with the musical geniuses of their era, and hit the top of the charts. Delaney and Bonnie go down in music history with vocal and writing credits of hits like “Only You Know and I Know”, “Superstar”, etc. It is little wonder that Bekka finds herself in the musical world she lives in today.

Growing up in a home where the likes of Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Roger Miller, Tina Turner, The Rolling Stones and George Harrison might turn up at a moment’s notice, and stay as houseguests for days on end, was the norm for this young lady. Bekka was only four when she sang on her first record at United Artist Studios in Hollywood, California.

Bekka Bramlett then had her first developmental deal at the tender age of twelve. From age seventeen on, Bekka has been steadily making records, writing songs (of which many became hits), and touring worldwide with some of the greatest musical geniuses of all time. With her unique and all-encompassing personality, Bekka has never known the struggle of “fitting into” a new environment. She immediately “caught on” and caught the attention of some major players, with whom she shares close relationships still today. One of her first experiences in Nashville involved Vince Gill. Bekka then went on to spend many weeks touring with Gill. Nashville remains amazed at the capacity of this young woman’s talent.

Bekka has enjoyed living and working in this musical wonderland with some of the biggest names in country music. Country Greats such as Gill, Faith Hill, Wynonna, Trisha Yearwood, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Jimmy Buffett, Dwight Yoakum, Amy Grant, Tim McGraw, Tanya Tucker, Brooks and Dunn, Travis Tritt, Montgomery-Gentry……and more. The list truly does go on and on.

The multi Grammy winning artist, Alison Krauss said: “Bekka is one of my favorite female singers and I can’t begin to tell you just how much I admire her. She is beautiful and is a completely amazingperformer.”

Bekka, who replaced Stevie Nicks in the Iconic band FLEETWOOD MAC, from 1993-1997, earned her rightful place in history with her musical prowess. Her forward-thinking attitude and sound had her recording duets with the likes of Billy Joel, Joe Cocker, Rod Stewart, Dwight Yoakum, Vince Gill, Johnny Lang, the legendary “Soul Man” (Sam and Dave), Sam Moore, Bad Company, Kenny Rogers, John Waite, Delbert McClinton and more.

2004 found Bekka Bramlett on Broadway……starring in the 4 times Tony nominated (including “Best Musical”) musical, “AIN’T NOTHING BUT THE BLUES”. She performed and sang nightly to rave reviews and standing ovations. 2005-2006 has Bekka still in Nashville, still living her musical dreams, and continuing to pursue the highest quality sounds with the greatest integrity of spirit.

http://noted.blogs.com/westcoastmusi...n-my-mind.html
Old 12-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How did I not know this was out? iTunes has the release date listed as January 1, 2009 - that's almost a year ago.
I've got it downloading now.

Last edited by Miss Vicky; 12-21-2009 at 02:35 AM..
Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's very, very cool to see Bekka getting the praise she's long deserved.

Matt
Old 12-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I listened to the album today and I love it!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love to hear her do an album with Chris Robinson (preferably with the Black Crows).

THE Stephen Hopkins