User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Did Mike ever produce any songs by Tom or the Heartbreakers?
Mike co-produced everything Petty released from 1987 on. He also produced Stevie's version of "Free Fallin'" and some songs for Roy Orbison.

Even still, I bet they'd get a bigger name, such as Jeff Lynne, as producer.

Campbell has a solo album in the can, so they already have 10-12 songs of his they can draw from.

Last edited by cbBen; 11-09-2018 at 03:29 AM..
Old 11-09-2018, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTheCursed View Post
True. But there is an old adage about a straw that broke the camel's back.
Plus he mentioned Irving Azoff by name, which may have created bad blood with management.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Mike co-produced everything Petty released from 1987 on. He also produced Stevie's version of "Free Fallin'" and some songs for Roy Orbison.
Forgot about the Del Shannon album Rock On! that Mike he co-produced (he produced half while Jeff Lynne produced the other half). It's fantastic and Mike did tremendous work on it.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Oddly enough, Billy Burnette has a song on that album, and one song features Mike and Rick.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
"knowing Neil" LOL you are insufferable.
Pot meet kettle....
Old 11-14-2018, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Pot meet kettle....
do you have a mirror? Your staunch defense (worship) of Stevie, no matter the circumstances, and vilifying of Lindsey is seen as insufferable to many around here..
Old 11-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
do you have a mirror? Your staunch defense (worship) of Stevie, no matter the circumstances, and vilifying of Lindsey is seen as insufferable to many around here..
Surely you recognize there are people who worship Lindsey and think he can do no wrong on this board, too. But at least JohnL doesn't resort to name calling or hateful posts. That goes a real long way in my book. He is always polite and respectful, and I appreciate that quality.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Surely you recognize there are people who worship Lindsey and think he can do no wrong on this board, too. But at least JohnL doesn't resort to name calling or hateful posts. That goes a real long way in my book. He is always polite and respectful, and I appreciate that quality.
Of course there are. The problem is, a lot of the recently disgruntled fans, myself included, used to adore Stevie and have just become extremely frustrated with her behavior over the last half-decade or so. And when it's convenient for the worshipers, they just gloss over all of that and act like we've always been haters, when ironically it seems to be the other way around for many.. John L had a recent post saying he's thought Lindsey was an "ass from the beginning" or something to that effect. I can't really take people with hypocritical biases seriously around here.. Becoming angry and disillusioned with someone because of their own actions is quite different from just having a negative opinion of someone for no good reason, and many of us are being painted into that corner.

Last edited by The Chain; 11-14-2018 at 05:11 PM..
Old 03-20-2019, 01:44 AM
Ledgie

Mike Campbell produced Patti Scialfa’s first album Rumble Doll,” as well as co-writing and playing on many of the songs. He has produced tracks for Roy Orbison,John Prine and Tracy Chapman among others.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
Of course there are. The problem is, a lot of the recently disgruntled fans, myself included, used to adore Stevie and have just become extremely frustrated with her behavior over the last half-decade or so. And when it's convenient for the worshipers, they just gloss over all of that and act like we've always been haters, when ironically it seems to be the other way around for many.. John L had a recent post saying he's thought Lindsey was an "ass from the beginning" or something to that effect. I can't really take people with hypocritical biases seriously around here.. Becoming angry and disillusioned with someone because of their own actions is quite different from just having a negative opinion of someone for no good reason, and many of us are being painted into that corner.
Some of the people on here treat this Board as a fantasy world. A world where people care who smirked at who. A world where playing an instrument and writing songs makes you a god. A world where finally parting ways with someone you've had a strained relationship for decades and persisted with your work all the same... means you're a traitor.

I don't think I'll be posting very often now. Stevie vs Lindsey is a false narrative, at the very least it was Stevie and Mick vs Lindsey and Kirsten. Anyway... who cares? Be happy with what we've got, or be unhappy with it, up to you.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Some of the people on here treat this Board as a fantasy world. A world where people care who smirked at who. A world where playing an instrument and writing songs makes you a god. A world where finally parting ways with someone you've had a strained relationship for decades and persisted with your work all the same... means you're a traitor.

I don't think I'll be posting very often now. Stevie vs Lindsey is a false narrative, at the very least it was Stevie and Mick vs Lindsey and Kirsten. Anyway... who cares? Be happy with what we've got, or be unhappy with it, up to you.
so....what do you propose is acceptable to talk about in a forum dedicated to a certain band and its members? Only particular aspects should be discussed? Every post should be about how wonderful they are? This is what they have done, people pop in to talk about it with other people who also follow the band. Playing a guitar doesn't make someone a god, twirling in capes and singing doesn't make someone a queen.

If there are threads that are critical, start a thread that isn't.