The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: personal career/music business reflection songs - pick favorite!
Bel Air Rain 3 9.68%
Cast Away Dreams 3 9.68%
Eyes Of The World 8 25.81%
Not Too Late 2 6.45%
Rock Away Blind 7 22.58%
Seeds We Sow (acoustic) 1 3.23%
Seeds We Sow (electric) 1 3.23%
Show You How 1 3.23%
Underground 5 16.13%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default personal career/music business reflection songs - pick favorite!

personal career-related music-business reflection songs -

the topic of these songs centers around LB's reflections, feelings and thoughts on his place in the music industry, including:
  • importance and meaning of his musical career in his life
  • his decisions where to go next
  • complaints about his musical directions not necessarily supported by either his fellow musicians in the band or music business in general
  • living the life in the spotlight
  • personal commentary on his musical business journey w/ FM and solo.

unlike general political and social commentary ones, songs in this group have a strong personal element, they are not just LB's thoughts/view on industry in general (like One Take if you choose to specifically apply it to musical industry), but his feelings on his place in that industry (like Not Too Late or Underground).

here are the songs:

Bel Air Rain
Cast Away Dreams
Eyes Of The World
Not Too Late
Rock Away Blind
Seeds We Sow (acoustic)
Seeds We Sow (electric)
Show You How
Underground

since electric and acoustic SWS are 2 soundwise very different songs, with electric SWS not having added gravitas of ta-ta-tas that takes it to a more general level, the two versions were separated in this poll.

basically, any song where lindsey calls himself a visionary (did we get them all?) should probably qualify for this list - and then a few more...

Last edited by elle; 03-04-2012 at 03:46 PM..
Old 03-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is pain. I went for Eyes Of The World, because I've loved that song since the mminute I heard it 30 years back. But Seeds We Sow (and then ofcourse the original acoustic one, because it's sooooooo much more reflective) or Rock Away Blind should have been my choice.... or Bel Air Rain. But I didn't.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a little lost in the middle of all of those polls, but my instinct voted here : Bel Air Rain, favorite Lindsey Buckingham song ever. Even with Fleetwood Mac. I LOVE IT, it's strong, but still very emotional, and he says "i was mistaken for a whore" in it .
Old 03-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
This is pain. I went for Eyes Of The World, because I've loved that song since the mminute I heard it 30 years back. But Seeds We Sow (and then ofcourse the original acoustic one, because it's sooooooo much more reflective) or Rock Away Blind should have been my choice.... or Bel Air Rain. But I didn't.
i know how you feel... it's been like that for me too, with many of these polls - which song i love better than the other at one time or another, as opposed to which song i think is better or worse than others, or which one better fits the topic around which we tried to select this group of songs...

anyway, songs that would be in my top 4 from this selection:
  • Eyes Of The World - love that LiB live version so much! that melodic guitar outro - so gorgeous... and those rocking demo jam sessions when they were working on recording the song - so much fun!!
  • Rock Away Blind - for this one i have love on many different levels too - the song outro is probably my favorite part of it - and the first thing we've heard of it on lindsey's SWS album teaser released some time during the summer. and then the song on the CD... beautiful! and then the live 92Y version, although not perfect and w/o that gorgeous outro but holding a completely different and special meaning
  • Seeds We Sow (electric) - so much fun!! and again, my favorite part - love that melodic guitar outro!
  • Underground - another song i loved from the first time i heard it on GOS CD. probably my favorite of the newer batch of songs on GOS. the message we are talking about in this particular poll is unmistakable in this song. so vulnerable... and just pretty.

hmm... 3 of the 4 songs in this group have some incredible guitar outros that i love listening to so much.

i'll need to sit on these some more before deciding.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

EOTW is the only song I know so I voted for that.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only songs I don't love are CAD, Not Too Late and SWS acoustic.

Michele
Old 03-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, man...with the exception of Show You How, I love all those songs. As much as I'd love to pick Rock Away Blind, I went with my initial instict though, and chose Bel Air Rain. It just fits the category so well, and on top of that, it was my favorite Lindsey song for so long...from my first listen of the GOS album. Rock Away Blind is equal to it now, but Bel Air Rain will always keep it's place in my heart
Old 03-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Ledgie

Rock away blind is my favourite of seeds we sow
Old 03-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It was between EOTW and RAB - as usual had to flip a coin and EOTW won
Old 03-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted CAD, but tough choice with BAR.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After a LOT of agonizing. Underground won out......out of all the polls. This one really freakin' hurt...ouchlol

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 03-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
It was between EOTW and RAB - as usual had to flip a coin and EOTW won
For me it was between EOTW and Bel Air Rain. But I had to go with Bel Air Rain, there's just something about that song...maybe it's the Go Insane references that I love so much.

OH! And I forgot I changed my sig to the lyrics..ha!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

with not that many votes in, it looks really close so far. a bit surprised to see Eyes doing so well... and very happy to see RAB in the second place so far, with Underground not doing bad either, together with BAR and CAD.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My vote for NTL is based on what I thought best represented the topic. Not my favorite song.

Last edited by CADreaming; 03-07-2012 at 08:15 AM..
Old 03-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool

.....I hav't to go with Not To Late, Cast Away Dreams is a very close second. Hell, they are all so reflective, very deep...
Closed Thread