Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2003, 10:44 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Question Pbs Dvd

Well, since the Mac played TWO shows for the PBS soundstage, I'm guessing we'll eventually get a DVD out of it. They did after release Tom Petty's Soundstage show on DVD recently. Here's my question though....to those who attended the show, What was the SETLIST? I don't care really, other than for the fact that I want more of the new songs to make it onto the DVD. Hopefully Lindsey rocked the house with "Come!"

thanks!
Old 09-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

As far as I know, there was only one Soundstage show, and the other was just a special taping for PBS.

Anyone?
& the voice of a choir
& a melody...
nothing else mattered
Old 09-30-2003, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Im not 100% sure but I think you can find your answers at www.sln-news.info at Spynote's site... hope that helps! (hope I was right??...)

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 10-01-2003, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If you do a Ledgie search for "soundstage", you can read the recent discussion on the PBS tapings, including the set list.

But here's a recap...

* Lindsey did a show for PBS SoundStage in Chicago on September 15th. Stevie was a guest performer on two songs.

* Fleetwood Mac taped two shows for a separate, upcoming PBS special (not SoundStage) on September 23rd (private show) and 24th at Boston's Fleet Center.

Not sure if Lindsey's SoundStage air date was ever confirmed (I think that was left at "to air at a future date"). The fan club said Mac's special would air sometime in the new year.

Mac's set was the same as usual. Here was Lindsey's set:

Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
Steal Your Heart Away
Big Love
Go Insane
Trouble
Peacekeeper
Red Rover
Never Going Back Again (with Stevie)
Say Goodbye (with Stevie)
Murrow
Go Your Own Way
I Am Waiting
Down on Rodeo

The following songs were audience requests, sung briefly a la improv, but not in the official set:

Bleed to Love Her
Frozen Love
Save Me a Place

Daniel
sln-news.info
Old 10-01-2003, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They were both taped for the Soundstage series. The Mac will have one and Lindsey will have one. The setlist for the Mac show on 9/23 was the same except they didn't do Gypsy. The setlist for the show on 9/24 had everything, including Gypsy.

Old 10-01-2003, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi All,

A few corrections. They played Gypsy on 9/23. It came after one of the short 2 minute breaks. Followed Come in the Setlist. It is memorable for the fact Stevie came out in the the High Heeled Beige Boots and the crowd in front of her was pointing at them and Stevie smiled and said to this crowd, kind of off mike, just for this song....

Also not sure if this show will be a soundstage broadcast. It was a lot of the soundstage crew who worked this, but it is intended to be a 2 hour broadcast. I believe you will see this as part of the annual PBS fund drive specials. Soundstage is a 1 hour program which the Chicago taping will be.

A couple of other thoughts. To get down to a 2 hour show won't require all that much editing. There set, less the breaks between encores, is about 2:25. Edit the time between songs during the set and you probably pick up another 5 minutes. Edit World Turning to exclude the drum solo and you get about 8 more minutes. Take Come out and another 8 minutes saved. End with Don't Stop and exclude Goodbye Baby and you pick up 5 more minutes. That alone is 26 minutes. Other targets directors might zero in on for editing: The percussion intro to Stand Back. Some of the pre-song Speeches. These edits are just my thinking as to what a director might choose to do to fit within the time constraints given and to appeal to the widest audience, not the hardcore fan. They would not all be my choices. My point is though that if it is done with some thought there may only be 2 or 3 songs missing from the original set list.

Of course the entire set list would be available on a DVD. Much like the Dance though, I am sure they will take from both nights' tapings and even piece together parts from both nights within the same song.

Not sure if anyone has thought this, but the length of their show would fit perfectly on 2 CD live set.....
Old 10-01-2003, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by John Run
Also not sure if this show will be a soundstage broadcast. It was a lot of the soundstage crew who worked this, but it is intended to be a 2 hour broadcast. I believe you will see this as part of the annual PBS fund drive specials. Soundstage is a 1 hour program which the Chicago taping will be.
It is a Soundstage broadcast. I asked the guy that was on the floor with the camera on his shoulders taping the show right before the show started. I had noticed that they were wearing Soundstage shirts and asked him because I was worried it would be edited down. LOL He said that they will probably edit a few songs but that it would a 2 hour show. So, it is Soundstage, but it is a Soundstage special. Of course, when I asked him when it would arit, he said he had no idea. It usually has a six-week turnaround, but since these are for the new year, who the hell knows?!

Old 10-01-2003, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default gypsy

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
They were both taped for the Soundstage series. The Mac will have one and Lindsey will have one. The setlist for the Mac show on 9/23 was the same except they didn't do Gypsy. The setlist for the show on 9/24 had everything, including Gypsy.

They did do gypsy, both nights, dont you remember the boots!!!! they were right in my face.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: gypsy

Quote:
Originally posted by teedee
They did do gypsy, both nights, dont you remember the boots!!!! they were right in my face.

Now that you mention the boots...

Old 10-01-2003, 10:39 AM
Supporting Ledgie

So the answer to my question about the setlist would be..........??????......?

Was the setlist for the pbs show the same one as the current tour?

thanks
Old 10-01-2003, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I asked...

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittledemon

thanks
someone a while back who attended these shows and they said the setlist is the same as the current tour...ANOTHER disappointment in my opinion...Thus why this band is losing favor in my eyes!

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittledemon

thanks
both Boston shows , that were taped, were the same set list as you are seeing on this tour. They may have hammed it up a bit more for the cameras. both shows were incredible, the best i have seen so far on this tour. I just hope when they make a live cd of this show, that they put gold dust woman on it, she did a version that will make your hair stand up . but the whole night was like that, i felt privledged to be there and i a m so excited they choose Boston to record it at. the fleetcenter is new and the acoustics are fantastik. ANd the crowds in boston are always crazy for the mac...
Old 10-01-2003, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The set was the same. As I have noted in a previous thread about these shows, the 24th was the best Fleetwood Mac show I have seen. Much of it had to do with the the incredibly loud and enthusiastic crowd, whose energy the band seemed to feed off of. Eventually this energy launched the band into overdrive. A gear they have not collectively hit on stage since 1982 in my opinion. An amazing show that we are going to be very lucky to have archived.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Plus, not that this will make MUCH of a difference because it's still the same songs, but they will probably alter the set list. They always do...I even think The Dance was an altered setlist.