Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
But I’m also not sure I’d want to hear Storms without Lindsey on guitar.
From what I could hear in the online videos it sounded fine. It just didn't fit with this set list IMO.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
It’s amazing that with Stevie putting asses in seats and all the going on about how she’s the main draw, one of her most beautiful songs ever is cut from the set. I really don’t understand why they would do this. Challenge your damn audience for one song. They played it in 2009 and I sat there in Pittsburgh on opening night and didn’t see a major run to the bathrooms or people just randomly ignoring it. A Fleetwood Mac concert in 2018 with no songs from Tusk but with one from Time.
Well they're selling a 50 year retrospective. Christine also said in introducing All Over Again that Stevie chose it.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
Every time a song gets dropped I remember how damn long the drum solo is. How that time could easily be used to fit Storms and Hypnotized in the set...or any number of songs that don't include Mick asking the audience if they're with him. Sigh.
I know. Taku is incredible and deserves to have a moment but when I heard the World Turning drum solo was back I prayed that Mick wasn't spitting on people again. I like watching him play the ancient African talking drum just not for 20 minutes. Is he playing the African drum this time or is he doing the vest thing? I confess I haven't paid much attention to World Turning so far.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Storms is a beautiful song but even I thought it was too slow for the live setting. What annoys me on every tour is the band telling some reporter how they rehearsed 60 songs and dwindled it down to the perfect setlist. To me that means if one song didn't work, replace it with another song and these musicians need to challenge themselves. They never do and it is frustrating for us diehards. If Storms doesn't work, try Angel. If that doesn't fly bring out Sister's of the Moon. A singer has to go out there and sell a song to their audience. Show the people how much you love to sing it the way you do when you perform Gold Dust Woman and it might make some people go out and buy an album just to hear that one song. I sometimes wish Bruce Springsteen was my favorite singer. Then I could go to 10 shows in a row and have a completely different song set each night. No wonder he sells out everywhere he plays.
I completely agree. Play Freedom for god's sake. It would go great with this set list. You have six plus world class musicians on stage. Don't be afraid to expand your horizons a little more. Don't get me wrong. I'm extremely grateful for the gems we are getting this tour.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
The drum solo has been ridiculous and overplayed for decades. I know it’s Micks turn in the spotlight but please give it a rest. Hell, John barely gets three bars of that bass solo in The Chain (id rather listen to that repeated for 5 minutes than 10+ minutes of ARE YOU WITH ME!!??).
John's the locomotive that pulls the Fleetwood Mac train through the whole show.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I think The Chain is a great opener. So did LB.
Mick's kick drum announces the presence of Fleetwood Mac in the room.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Storms on this tour was like shouting - as you said - not soft enough, and no extra live harmonies.
Did you go to a show?
Old 11-02-2018, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Agreed. I actually like the lyrics to RTTG quite a bit, all the stuff about Stevie comparing herself to a poison as she grows older, imprisoning others, having to come to understand herself, running towards what she knows is wrong, etc. It's a pretty cool window into her angst-y mind lol, especially given the period when it was written (1984 or so) at the height of her drug craze.

The problem is that the song was arranged strangely in both the RAL demo and SYW song. I still love it but I think both forms leave something to be desired. I thought the live clip we had came off very well. Would have loved to have seen it on the Live in Boston DVD.
The snippet in the Destiny Rules doc was ideal. I wish the whole demo would surface.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Can you - or someone who knows - tell me what happened with Red Rover on SYW tour? I’m still forever regretting not seeing that tour, for multiple reasons. My understanding is that SYW tour had several legs and some songs were swapped between the legs. Was Red Rover played on one leg and some other LB song on another?

I understand he also played it on UTS solo tour, at one of the legs? That’s the tour where he kept adding legs. But Red Rover is not on his Bass Hall DVD. And it is on his Soundstage, with that intro about gods pulling the plug on humans, and I think he used a very similar intro during STW leg?
I was at Lindsey's Soundstage in Chicago and Red Rover was quite a treat. The audience was so still during that song it was almost like no one was breathing. The air in the studio was so dry that by then end the only thing I wanted was to find a giant glass of water and drink it. I wondered how he was able to keep singing because it was so dry.
I was at the opening night of the tour in Madison WI and I honestly cannot remember if Red Rover was played. I did get to see Running Through the Garden and thought it was incredible. Thank god because they dropped so many songs on that tour. Madison was a ball. We were sitting at the hotel bar first with Carl Stubner who shot the breeze with us like a regular guy and regaled us with a few tales about his other clients (Beyonce, Tommy Lee). Next the band walked in including Stevie with Karen carrying her dog. After that I got lost and starstruck in an elevator with Ray Lindsey. I can never remember what floor I'm on in hotels. Then Strandinthewind got one of the bodyguards drunk (I think it was the infamous Raoul) who then tried to hit on me. That's okay though because I'm sure he didn't strike out with every fan he met on that tour. Those were some good times.
Actually I need to edit. I think it might have been Columbus, OH where I saw RTTG. Setlist doesn't list RTTG in Madison but I don't know how accurate that thing is. I do have the bootleg of Madison somewhere.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 11-02-2018 at 01:44 PM..
Old 11-02-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
They're dropping some of the lesser-known songs because the audience is hugely built off of casual fans who don't know or care? What an absolute shock! No one saw that coming at all!!
No one knows them because they haven't been played in 40 years. If you don't play the songs then the younger part of your audience isn't going to know them It's a crime really.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
So glad someone else was at the SYW Pittsburgh show! I've tried, for a looooong time, to track down a bootleg of that show.
If it exists I have it. I'll look.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I was at Lindsey's Soundstage in Chicago and Red Rover was quite a treat. The audience was so still during that song it was almost like no one was breathing. The air in the studio was so dry that by then end the only thing I wanted was to find a giant glass of water and drink it. I wondered how he was able to keep singing because it was so dry.
I was at the opening night of the tour in Madison WI and I honestly cannot remember if Red Rover was played. I did get to see Running Through the Garden and thought it was incredible. Thank god because they dropped so many songs on that tour. Madison was a ball. We were sitting at the hotel bar first with Carl Stubner who shot the breeze with us like a regular guy and regaled us with a few tales about his other clients (Beyonce, Tommy Lee). Next the band walked in including Stevie with Karen carrying her dog. After that I got lost and starstruck in an elevator with Ray Lindsey. I can never remember what floor I'm on in hotels. Then Strandinthewind got one of the bodyguards drunk (I think it was the infamous Raoul) who then tried to hit on me. That's okay though because I'm sure he didn't strike out with every fan he met on that tour. Those were some good times.
Actually I need to edit. I think it might have been Columbus, OH where I saw RTTG. Setlist doesn't list RTTG in Madison but I don't know how accurate that thing is. I do have the bootleg of Madison somewhere.
It was definitely Columbus. That very first SYW show was the only time RTTG was played. A total shame. I also find the fact that Everybody Finds Out never made it out of rehearsals to be a major miss of that tour.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No one knows them because they haven't been played in 40 years. If you don't play the songs then the younger part of your audience isn't going to know them It's a crime really.
I agree but I also think the biggest culprit is the fact that the majority of those fans aren't very familiar with anything in the Fleetwood Mac discography aside from Rumours. A lot of people just think of them as the band that made Rumours.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I agree but I also think the biggest culprit is the fact that the majority of those fans aren't very familiar with anything in the Fleetwood Mac discography aside from Rumours. A lot of people just think of them as the band that made Rumours.
I agree but I would also wager a lot of people also have their Greatest Hits album too. Which is why songs like Storms are so unfamiliar to the masses.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From what I could hear in the online videos it sounded fine. It just didn't fit with this set list IMO.
SHOCKING that you would say it doesn't matter that Lindsey isn't there. If Stevie were singing with a band full of real goats, you'd say she was great.