Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fm Channel May 1 On Sirius

It's up on their homepage...
Old 04-25-2018, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For those interested in a ticket presale who are Sirius subscribers:

SiriusXM subscribers will have the opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public on Friday, May 4 at 10 am local time. The SiriusXM Presale will run on Thursday, May 3 from 10 am to 10 pm local time. NOTE: The SiriusXM Presale for Louisville, KY, will run on Thursday, May 10 from 10 am to 10 pm CT. To access the SiriusXM Presale use code SIRIUSXM. For complete ticket information, please visit www.fleetwoodmac.com.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why am I not surprised----I was amped about this channel! I could already see myself cruising down the street with this channel blaring from my car. I was so excited about what they'd play and who we'd hear from. When I emailed SiriusXM I suggested The Chain as the first song they play when the channel goes live. This was going to be freakin awesome.....

Will they play Mike and Neil stuff too as a way to familiarize listeners with the new members? Will they play Lindsey's songs sparingly? They might play older songs to prep listeners for the shows if they plan on doing older stuff live. Bet we don't hear any BuckVie
Old 04-25-2018, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard the tail end of a promo in the car on the way home from work. Don't Stop was playing in background and a voice said the channel number
Old 04-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone else find it interesting, and a little bit strange that the initial start date of the Sirius FM channel was dropped about a month ago with no explanation? And that now, the week that they do an interview as a “new” ensemble, and the story of Lindsey’s horrible firing is out, the channel is announced again?

Could it have had anything to do with contract negotiations with Sirius? And Lindsey?

Or did they want to coincide it with their stupid tour announcement in the hopes that it will make the channel, and the tour, more popular?

I, personally, will find it hard to listen to it. I’m so disappointed with “my band” and the bunch of idiots they have become.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 05-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine McVie "I'd Rather Go Blind"! Wow!
Old 05-07-2018, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’ve been listening to the Sirius channel for the past few days and for the most part, like what I’m hearing. I haven’t been a loyal follower of commercial radio in decades, so I’m pretty critical. My go to has been kcrw in Santa Monica since the mid 90’s.

But with a catalog so deep, I can’t for the life of me figure out why I keep hearing tracks from “Time”. It’s easily the biggest dog that’s ever been released by the band. I’ve never known of a bigger collection of lazy uninspired songs by one band, capable of so much more.

I know I haven’t given it enough listens but I’m definitely hearing way too much attention paid to Behind The Mask and Time. Clearly the playlists have been “curated” by Mick.

Those two albums are the only ones that make me cringe several times throughout.
On the other hand, I’m hearing lots of interesting b sides and live tracks.
I hope they can get someone in to shape the playlists with more diversity.
It’s an interesting project and I think people will stick with it if they can change up the programming.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I’ve been listening to the Sirius channel for the past few days and for the most part, like what I’m hearing. I haven’t been a loyal follower of commercial radio in decades, so I’m pretty critical. My go to has been kcrw in Santa Monica since the mid 90’s.

But with a catalog so deep, I can’t for the life of me figure out why I keep hearing tracks from “Time”. It’s easily the biggest dog that’s ever been released by the band. I’ve never known of a bigger collection of lazy uninspired songs by one band, capable of so much more.

I know I haven’t given it enough listens but I’m definitely hearing way too much attention paid to Behind The Mask and Time. Clearly the playlists have been “curated” by Mick.

Those two albums are the only ones that make me cringe several times throughout.
On the other hand, I’m hearing lots of interesting b sides and live tracks.
I hope they can get someone in to shape the playlists with more diversity.
It’s an interesting project and I think people will stick with it if they can change up the programming.
I actually appreciate the tracks from BTM and Time. You can hear Gypsy, Dreams, Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way on any channel. I love the deep cuts from less known albums. I wish the inspiration songs were not played as much.
I do think they can still dig deeper. I have heard only one Christine solo song. Nothing from ITM and nothing Lindsey solo yet. They played Nothing Ever Changes by Stevie on Friday. That was cool.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I actually appreciate the tracks from BTM and Time. You can hear Gypsy, Dreams, Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way on any channel. I love the deep cuts from less known albums. I wish the inspiration songs were not played as much.
I do think they can still dig deeper. I have heard only one Christine solo song. Nothing from ITM and nothing Lindsey solo yet. They played Nothing Ever Changes by Stevie on Friday. That was cool.
Agreed, I'm enjoying cuts from all albums. I'm impressed by the depth. I don't need to listen to their hits all day.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wow.

"Imperial Hotel" is playing. A nice surprise, along with hearing "Beautiful Child" and "Red Rover" yesterday.

The Mac station keeps surprising me.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
"Imperial Hotel" is playing. A nice surprise, along with hearing "Beautiful Child" and "Red Rover" yesterday.

The Mac station keeps surprising me.

Search results 1 to 2 of 2 total matches
Channel Artist Title Date Time
30 Stevie Nicks Imperial Hotel 5/3/2018 9:36:01 PM
30 Stevie Nicks Imperial Hotel 5/2/2018 5:14:23 AM

Search results 1 to 4 of 4 total matches
30 Fleetwood Mac Red Rover 5/6/2018 10:13:33 AM
30 Fleetwood Mac Red Rover 5/5/2018 2:44:43 PM
30 Fleetwood Mac Red Rover 5/4/2018 1:20:01 AM
30 Fleetwood Mac Red Rover 5/3/2018 2:55:55 AM

Search results 1 to 1 of 1 total matches
30 Fleetwood Mac Beautiful Child 5/3/2018 11:19:54 PM

still at ZERO with Lindsey Buckingham search.

Search results 1 to 0 of 0 total matches

http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_p...&ehour=&eampm=

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2018, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Been listening to this all day. Fun. Especially listening to the live songs and the Danny Kirwan and Bob Welch FM songs. Good stuff!