Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Supporting Ledgie

11 more hours to go...
Old 11-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Going Friday afternoon with some fellow geeks! Since it's cold I should be able to wear my Grffyndor scarf. I'm worried about these movies. Since they're doing two films it appears they're throwing in characters that have never been mentioned in the films before. I don't think that bodes well for the film series. I'm also anticipating that my beloved Alan Rickman will have at most two lines in Part 1, and maybe 4 in part 2. Never mind how integral Snape is to the whole series, I just know he's going to get the shaft. I can't believe how badly Yates screwed up the flashback scene in OOTP. That said, it's my favorite film after Prisoner of Azkaban. I really wish Cuaron would have been able to stay on.

Anyway, favorite books in the series are Azkaban, Phoenix, and Hallows, in that order. My biggest Harry Potter freak out moment was winning tickets to see J.K. Rowling at Carnegie Hall in 2007. When it was my turn to have my book signed she told me I looked just like a Weasley, and that she loved my hair! This was the event where she outed Dumbledore. It was very odd waking up the next morning and seeing it as a banner headline on CNN. I couldn't believe people were making such a big deal about it.

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
Count me in as a hardcore HP fan! I love all of the movies...LOVE the books even more...named my cat Potter (RIP)...I dress as Professor Minerva McGonagall for Potter related events...I had the pleasure of visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park last month (the attention to detail is AMAZING!)...and yes, I'll be at the movie theater this Friday to watch the beginning of the end on film. Eee!
You went to the Wizarding World?!?!!? TELL ME MORE !!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to admit, I have never read a Harry Potter book nor have I seen a Harry Potter movie. HP became so popular so fast, I just could not bring myself to partake in it. All these douche bags I hated in school could be found obsessing over HP, so HP was definitely the last thing I wanted to associate myself with. However, as the years have gone by, I think I would really really really enjoy HP! I think it is right up my alley! So here recently I have wanted to read all of the books, but it seems like such a daunting task. I love reading, but over 4000 pages is a lot! But I do plan on having them all read by the time the last movie is out on DVD so I can just buy all the DVDs and have a HP movie marathon weekend!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I have to admit, I have never read a Harry Potter book nor have I seen a Harry Potter movie. HP became so popular so fast, I just could not bring myself to partake in it. All these douche bags I hated in school could be found obsessing over HP, so HP was definitely the last thing I wanted to associate myself with. However, as the years have gone by, I think I would really really really enjoy HP! I think it is right up my alley! So here recently I have wanted to read all of the books, but it seems like such a daunting task. I love reading, but over 4000 pages is a lot! But I do plan on having them all read by the time the last movie is out on DVD so I can just buy all the DVDs and have a HP movie marathon weekend!
Start reading them. I can read one of the 800+ page books in three days EASILY. You're gonna get hooked.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Start reading them. I can read one of the 800+ page books in three days EASILY. You're gonna get hooked.
This. I've read these books more times than I care to admit, and they're still fresh.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would like to get into the HP series, but as a PerfectLie said - it just came around so fast. Anyway, I'm still stuck in the world of Michael Crichton.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:06 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Dani... heading out in the door in 10 min to go see the movie
Old 11-17-2010, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Dani... heading out in the door in 10 min to go see the movie
YOU GOTTA TELL ME HOW IT IS!!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Three days? I'd shut myself in my bedroom and knock them out in a day. Granted food and sleep was a no no (Unless a straw was provided rofl) but steeeeelllll. Having said that, I've always been a gifted speed reader. We once did a "Read Around The World" event at my first school where we had to read a ton of books in a month to earn a medal. I read far more than anybody else (Over a hundred because I would NEVER have my face out of a book when I was younger).
Old 11-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I made sure to read Books 5, 6 and 7 in one day when they came out. Got them at the midnight launch and everything. Turned off my phone and the internet and just read. I wasn't going to let anyone spoil it for me

Me and my friend booked our tickets last night. Half 11 on Friday night. Woo!

Old 11-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
YOU GOTTA TELL ME HOW IT IS!!!!
It may be the fact that I was tired... But it wasn't thrilling. There were a few lighthearted moments that made the whole audience laugh. Ultimately, I felt the story wasn't being moved forward enough... There were waaaaay too many scenes that lingered and I felt bored. I did, however, like it more than the 6th film. Hmm... I give it 7/10.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It may be the fact that I was tired... But it wasn't thrilling. There were a few lighthearted moments that made the whole audience laugh. Ultimately, I felt the story wasn't being moved forward enough... There were waaaaay too many scenes that lingered and I felt bored. I did, however, like it more than the 6th film. Hmm... I give it 7/10.
Worryingly, this isn't the first review I've read that saidf it was somewhat slow and langourous

I think all in all, Chamber of Secrets is my favourite of the movie franchise. After that point they seemed to really go down hill. In my humble opinion, of course.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm yet to see it, but I am (unsuccessfully so far) trying to arrange seeing it with my fellow nerds at the Sci Fi Forum. Maybe I'll mention it again at tomorrow night's meeting.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 11-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As long as there's lots of Bellatrix Lestrange I think I'll be ok.

Also, the 7th book lags a LOT in the first half so it actually doesn't surprise me.... :/