Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Hmmm...

Whereas I am not surprised in the least bit by that. It’s like Lindsey did something that annoyed him.
for a person who claims to love creativity and indie ways, you are strangely protective of corporate money grabbing ways.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Remember, they performed "Go Insane" as a band in 2009. Also, they let Lindsey do it solo in 1997.

I understand that Stevie broke the precedent with "Stand Back" (unless you count "Don't Let Me Down Again," which broke a similar if not identical precedent).

But Celani's answer makes sense to me. The band needed to do more songs by the ladies, and opted for hits like "Stand Back" over songs like "Storms" "Sisters Of The Moon" "Beautiful Child" and "That's Alright." They were trying to capitalize on Stevie's solo success at a time when its fortunes without Lindsey were an open question, and that song (the song itself, not the studio recording of it) suited Fleetwood Mac.
This makes sense. Thanks for the response.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
for a person who claims to love creativity and indie ways, you are strangely protective of corporate money grabbing ways.
How am I being protective? My comments haven’t been judgmental. If anything, I’m happy Lindsey gets to do what he wants without the filter or the compromise. He should have never signed on with a major label. And, really, most indie artists wouldn’t come within a mile of someone like Azoff.

However, even on the indie level, there are certain things you just don’t do. Talking down a festival series your manager, one of the most powerful men in the business who just had enormous success by replacing a key member of a legendary band with another popular musician, was heavily financially invested in usually doesn’t end well.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-13-2018, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't understand why Lindsey is taking digs when he says he hopes there will be a reunion.

These sound more like the words of someone who has been told there's no chance in hell of a reunion.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
However, even on the indie level, there are certain things you just don’t do.
Paul Kantner: "That's show business crap."
Bill Graham: "What business do you think you're in?"

Last edited by cbBen; 12-13-2018 at 08:50 AM..
Old 12-13-2018, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I don't understand why Lindsey is taking digs when he says he hopes there will be a reunion.

These sound more like the words of someone who has been told there's no chance in hell of a reunion.
Because Stevie thrives off drama and mind games. The only way to communicate with her now. By her choice remember. She won’t return a phone call. So LB has to come down to her level. This is how she wants it to be, he’s obliging.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
How am I being protective? My comments haven’t been judgmental. If anything, I’m happy Lindsey gets to do what he wants without the filter or the compromise. He should have never signed on with a major label. And, really, most indie artists wouldn’t come within a mile of someone like Azoff.

However, even on the indie level, there are certain things you just don’t do. Talking down a festival series your manager, one of the most powerful men in the business who just had enormous success by replacing a key member of a legendary band with another popular musician, was heavily financially invested in usually doesn’t end well.
He's got balls.. I'll give him that. (LB)
Old 12-13-2018, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Because being ready, willing and able doesn’t necessarily mean he would like to, just that he’d do it.

He’s finally free to talk without trying to appease her. Looking at social media, apparently her worshippers, not surprisingly, are not into straight talk and calling it like it is.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-13-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FM ceased to be exciting 15 years ago! Other than one average EP in 2013 it's not like Lindsey brought a lot to the table after SYW. He played it safe on the last few FM tours he was involved in. How many times do we need to hear the acoustic version of Big Love? It's not like he mixed things up a lot on stage. He could have performed Tango in the Night and Crystal instead of I'm So Afraid and Never Going Back Again.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Same with "Second Hand News." Could have ditched it in favor of something they don't usually play. (Of course, we don't know whether he tried and the band overrode him.)

"Blue Letter"
"Monday Morning"
"I Don't Want To Know"
"Save Me A Place"
"Walk A Thin Line"

The only oddities he seems to like to play are "I Know I'm Not Wrong" and "Eyes Of The World" (though I know they played "Monday Morning" in 2009).

Last edited by cbBen; 12-13-2018 at 02:14 PM..
Old 12-13-2018, 02:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's So Unusual View Post
How many times do we need to hear the acoustic version of Big Love? It's not like he mixed things up a lot on stage. He could have performed Tango in the Night and Crystal instead of I'm So Afraid and Never Going Back Again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Same with "Second Hand News." Could have ditched it in favor of something they don't usually play. (Of course, we don't know whether he tried and the band overrode him.)

"Blue Letter"
"Monday Morning"
"I Don't Want To Know"
"Save Me A Place"
"Walk A Thin Line"

The only oddities he seems to like to play are "I Know I'm Not Wrong" and "Eyes Of The World" (though I know they played "Monday Morning" in 2009).

I agree that he had a number of songs he could have switched up. While I personally love and adore Big Love, I'd rather have heard it with the band instead of the solo version (which is amazing but yes, he plays it all the time).

I was glad to hear I Know I'm Not Wrong in 2015.... wish Tango and a few others had come out (or at least Big Love with the band) while they were still all together. NGBA could use a rest for awhile but I know people love it being from Rumours.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I Really Do Love Me
verse....

I love myself
I love myself
I love myself

Chorus
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
you will never forget me
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

verse 2...
I love myself more than last verse
I lover myself more than last verse
I love myself more than last verse
bahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Repeat chorus

Written By Stevie Nicks Jimmy Iovine Rick Nowels Rod and Sandy Stewart Mike Campbell and Chrissy Hyde
You forgot to add about 10 "Well" and "Baby"
Old 12-13-2018, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For someone who would be happy to join the band, he sure has a lot of great things to say about them at the same time. Kind of contradicting and sh***y on his part, but I understand he's frustrated.

I don't know - Lindsey always has that cool-as-a-cucumber exterior that everyone knows and loves, he has faults just like everyone else and likely has his moments where he is a total ass to deal with. Always embellishes on his Creative Director role in the band and endless speeches about circles and cathartic processes while trying to evolve with compartmentalizing emotions without sounding facetious. La de da.

On the flip side we have Stevie who can be a straight up diva and is not afraid to make it known, but also tries to heed that cool-as-a-cucumber persona in most interviews. Embellishes on her writing skills and her only song from the group that the band has as a #1 hit.

So as if nobody here who has closely followed this band over the years should know BY NOW that this is a group of creative narcissists who love money and rock and roll.

Are we all REALLY surprised at this point that it has gone on this long and that a fall out was inevitable? Do you all REALLY think this group with two can't-get-over-it-ex-lovers was going to be all flowers and sunshine at the end of the day? There can still be love there, but I imagine for both of them you can't erase the past out of memory after all these years with no proper closure.

This was all bound to happen sooner or later. I think it's better off that they just go their own ways at this point. The damage has already been done and most fans want LB to never go back again.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's So Unusual View Post
FM ceased to be exciting 15 years ago! O.
Exactly. It really ceased to exist, no matter how much LB tried. Actually 20, since the reunion. As soon as the Dance happened and they were big again, Nicks went running off to try to resurrect her completely dead solo career, stifling any band effort from 1998 on. It paid off today for her - building solo career persona on the strength of her FM cowrites with LB, while throwing FM under the bus over and over. In retrospect LB should have never agreed when they staged that intervention to get him back in. I know he’d disagree on a purely human level, but it’s true. He wasted 20 years of his life in trying to convince someone who couldn’t care less about the band to contribute to that band - while she kept saying NO!

Old 12-14-2018, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
.Looking at social media, apparently her worshippers, not surprisingly, are not into straight talk and calling it like it is.
Well, that could have to do with people not taking the overprotective mama bears fighting Lindseys fights online THAT serious anymore. It's 10 months+ now and some moving on happened or should really happen soon by now, it get's tiring. And maybe, there is an element of compassion towards the Lindsey fans. He uses what he can for much needed media coverage just now, when Stevie is the first ever two-time female Inductee into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame while he is sinking further into irrelevance now that his tour is over. That's kinda bittersweet.

Straight talk and calling like it is is this:
Lindsey is no longer a member of Feetwood Mac.
It's over (for now).

You asked!

Last edited by AncientQueen; 12-14-2018 at 04:18 AM..