User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2018, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Value for your money! That's another very good reason to hope for another BuckVie album and tour, besides the fact that their album and tour were both great and they both had fun doing them!
I can't even imagine how much FM tickets prices will cost

And yes, no matter how much Stevie likes us to think "everybody is happy to see each other" after a three years hiatus. We know it's nothing like that You can know it just by looking at Lindsey's face in comparison to the BuckVie tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Honestly, to me, the BuckVie shows felt like a poor man's Fleetwood Mac. I could tell the new songs had been designed for a Fleetwood Mac album and they were forced to fill a gap without her there for that harmony. Little Lies without Stevie left such a hole people around me were singing her part during the chorus. It only made me want a Fleetwood Mac tour more.

I know I have no one but Stevie to blame for the fact that we didn't have one before. I desperately hope she doesn't pull out again....but I don't think she will. Too much money is on the table.

Last edited by sodascouts; 02-04-2018 at 06:05 PM..
Old 02-04-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Yes, BuckVie! The value is much better! $100 can get fairly good seats, but I have no clue what $100 gets for FM. I don't want to know, but I know it's not as good.
there may not even be any $100 tix for FM, if judging by prices for other artists of their generation already on sale touring this year. then again, maybe those other artists are saturating the "legends" market and FM will come in too late so won't be able to demand those prices. Radio City tix wsre definitely not going like hot cakes at the crazy prices, even though that was a much smaller venue, and for charity, with all those other huge names attached to the event.

watching videos from Musicares reminds me of something i so dislike about FM shows - i see a video of the Chain where John or Lindsey are doing a guitar solo and the fan with camera zooms in on Stevie just standing in the middle of the stage instead (of course for the chain Harry was there so they all just zoomed in on him and ignored FM all together lol). or i see a video of Tusk and instead of Chris-Linds little accordion-guitar dance fan's camera follows Stevie just walking away. or during GYOW instead of Chris-Lindsey interaction or Lindsey playing guitar solo, again - fan's camera follows Stevie just walking around. during BuckVie tour, i actually got to see those solos in fan videos. i actually got to see Chris-Linds Tusk interactions.

GYOW, however much in its core is a kiss-off song for LB-SN relationship, received a completely new life on stage with a little play Chris and Lindsey would do during shackin' up line, with the bat. i miss that when i see the stale version of the FM dynamic on stage now. i see Chris taking a bat out at the beginning of the song, but has nowhere to actually use it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-04-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
GYOW, however much in its core is a kiss-off song for LB-SN relationship, received a completely new life on stage with a little play Chris and Lindsey would do during shackin' up line, with the bat. i miss that when i see the stale version of the FM dynamic on stage now. i see Chris taking a bat out at the beginning of the song, but has nowhere to actually use it!
Yeah, Lindsey was too far away and Stevie was.... well, in the middle

I hope the bat stays for the new FM tour. I also hope Lindsey keeps singing the "shacking up" part to Chris like he did last Friday at Musicares.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So over on the Linsey board their are rumours his album is shelved. Then Stevie saying they are "open". Hmmmmm
Old 02-12-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes......sounds like new music from the 5!
Old 02-12-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If it is actually being shelved, I’d be more inclined to think it’s because he and Christine are working on another LBCM album. Maybe it will be a full Fleetwood Mac album, but I’m not holding my breath.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-13-2018, 09:08 AM

Not sure why anyone would think new music is on the way. If they can't agree on radio station or a tour, why would a new album be in the works?

I have no idea what the issues are; but if i were a guessing man....

LB has to scrap plans due to FM tour and rehearsals. (I mean look at the time line) If he wanted to get this music out he should have released it now (with a small tour). But then there are changes at his record company. So who knows the business of that fiasco.

Mick wants it to be a long tour and CM/LB want a year or less. That way, BuckVie II can happen.
SN will do what Mick wants because she see numbers like Mick and that's important to her.
JM will do whatever Mick tells him because he's made it clear he plays bass and doesn't even like being in the studio for more than a few takes.

I wouldn't mind if Stevie went solo and actually wrote another album. Christine did blues or another BuckVie album. LB did his solo album and tour. Mick and John and Christine do a blues album with Eric Clapton. (dreaming!)

But another 2 year greatest hits and Stevie talking, and rehearsed speeches? blahhhhhhh it's so tired.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:10 AM

Oh, and not to mention the fake Landslide hugging.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Mick and John and Christine do a blues album with Eric Clapton. (dreaming!)
Mick and John and Christine do a blues album with Rick Vito. Would you settle for that?
Old 02-13-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Mick and John and Christine do a blues album with Rick Vito. Would you settle for that?
I would. But Christine has to put the work in. No Brett covering for her on keys. I pay to see her, not him.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not sure why anyone would think new music is on the way. If they can't agree on radio station or a tour, why would a new album be in the works?

I have no idea what the issues are; but if i were a guessing man....

LB has to scrap plans due to FM tour and rehearsals. (I mean look at the time line) If he wanted to get this music out he should have released it now (with a small tour). But then there are changes at his record company. So who knows the business of that fiasco.

Mick wants it to be a long tour and CM/LB want a year or less. That way, BuckVie II can happen.
SN will do what Mick wants because she see numbers like Mick and that's important to her.
JM will do whatever Mick tells him because he's made it clear he plays bass and doesn't even like being in the studio for more than a few takes.

I wouldn't mind if Stevie went solo and actually wrote another album. Christine did blues or another BuckVie album. LB did his solo album and tour. Mick and John and Christine do a blues album with Eric Clapton. (dreaming!)

But another 2 year greatest hits and Stevie talking, and rehearsed speeches? blahhhhhhh it's so tired.

Agreed on all your alternatives to a long Mac tour (that blues one in particular would be mind blowing, just with mike Campbell in my scenerio . The only way a long no new music tour would be ok and even something to really look forward to is if stevie Lindsey and Christine take all their cool creative set list ideas from their solo/duo tours and infuse them into the Mac set list.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-13-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Agreed on all your alternatives to a long Mac tour (that blues one in particular would be mind blowing, just with mike Campbell in my scenerio . The only way a long no new music tour would be ok and even something to really look forward to is if stevie Lindsey and Christine take all their cool creative set list ideas from their solo/duo tours and infuse them into the Mac set list.
I wouldn't mind Stevie working with Mike as well. Nice tribute options..
Old 02-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This would be my lineup:

Eric Clapton
Mick Fleetwood
John McVie
Christine McVie
John Mayall
Rick Vito

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wouldn't mind Stevie working with Mike as well. Nice tribute options..
I’d love to see Stevie and Roger McGuinn do a tour with the surviving members of the Heartbreakers.

THE Stephen Hopkins