User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:17 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 View Post
Release it without Stevie, tour it, and have her leave the stage when the new songs are played!

That won't damage her ego; not in the slightest.
Replace her with her good friend Sheryl Crow ( i can't believe i typed that )
Old 10-16-2016, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't hate her. But boy am I pissed. At her. And the other four. I want new music. Supposedly, Chris and Lindsey are in the studio this month working on it. I wish we had confirmation of that. What I hate is all the media wars between these people, someone asserting something ("we're going forward with a new album and have plenty of songs") and then taking it back ("If an album comes out..."), and all the push and pull politics that are making us fans who are hungry for new songs frustrated beyond belief.

Bottom line: when is the new music coming? Timeline timeline timeline. Updates to give the fans and the music journalists much needed clarity.

New music. Period. New music.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the aversion to Stevie goes further back than blaming her for not having new music.....
I'm not sure why its there, maybe they dislike Stevie because of her ego and because she comes across as a Diva...
Don't know why this hatred is there....and hatred is maybe to strong a word to use.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
1987. At least Lindsey left them with an album to tour with. And he didn't leave to promote his solo album, which didn't even come out until 1992, five years after he bailed.

Michele
He left because of Stevie and somewhat Mick's drug use. He couldn't take the drug behavior from her. She was an absolute mess.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I think the aversion to Stevie goes further back than blaming her for not having new music.....
I'm not sure why its there, maybe they dislike Stevie because of her ego and because she comes across as a Diva...
Don't know why this hatred is there....and hatred is maybe to strong a word to use.
She disappointed me with the quality of her songs after Mirage.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
She disappointed me with the quality of her songs after Mirage.
I just listened to Bella Donna and her voice was so amazing. (I wish she could still write like that.) She still has moments that really capture me, "Illume". But far and few between. She is just so nasal it's like nails on a chalkboard, sometimes.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I just listened to Bella Donna and her voice was so amazing. (I wish she could still write like that.) She still has moments that really capture me, "Illume". But far and few between. She is just so nasal it's like nails on a chalkboard, sometimes.
I do love Illume. She's always been an uneven songwriter, especially since 1985 onward, but when the songs hit, they totally hit: Illume, Everybody Finds Out, Throw Down, Blue Denim, Annabelle Lee...

The problem these days is, as you noticed, her voice. The song Lady is incredible, but it's a one-off, the strained vocal actually fits the theme and feel of the song.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
My husband won't listen to SYW for that very reason....Stevie's voice in his opinion, has no light and dark, no shade it is just a nasal drone...
Old 10-17-2016, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It's the rudeness used to describe band members that I'm referring to as hate or negativity, not a difference of opinion. There are examples on this thread.

You in particular should not be allowed to speak up on rudeness to band members due to the insane comments about a new fleetwood Mac album being a lindsey solo album.

Sorry to signal you out but it's very true.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 10-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish these hit jobs against any members of FM will stop.This is worse then those hot topics that were in the chit chat section months ago.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-17-2016, 12:05 PM

The fact is that there's a thin line between a negative opinion and a gratuitous verbal aggression.
People usually use their hobbies to vent everyday frustration and internet places are perfect to take a step further and give an outlet to dissatisfaction through outbursts.
Unfortunately this kind of thing often generates a vicious cycle in which other people respond to negative statements with other more negative statements.
In this cases the best thing to do would be to ignore all the affirmations that seem just gratuitously aggressive.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
My husband won't listen to SYW for that very reason....Stevie's voice in his opinion, has no light and dark, no shade it is just a nasal drone...
And then they do effects on her voice on that album that make it worse.
Like someone's holding her nose while she sings.

I did like the last part of In Your Dreams. Some good writing on that album.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
You in particular should not be allowed to speak up on rudeness to band members due to the insane comments about a new fleetwood Mac album being a lindsey solo album.

Sorry to signal you out but it's very true.
Exactly, it's kind of like let me stir the pot and then step back and watch all these ledgies fight. (I saw it a mile away.)
btw.. I miss you Hawkeye.. you need to post more..

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-17-2016 at 12:46 PM..
Old 10-17-2016, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a fan of Randy Travis and they say that he sings through his nose.I have to say that Randy is 100 percent better then todays artists and so is Stevie.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-17-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I'm a fan of Randy Travis and they say that he sings through his nose.I have to say that Randy is 100 percent better then todays artists and so is Stevie.
First, I like him. But yeah, it's an acquired taste. Very subjective.