User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Back after five days in Vegas without a computer.

These shows TANKED. Yikes. There are at least (and that's being kind) two shows that look to be extreme danger of cancellation.
I'm not shocked. They're trying to conduct business like the Eagles. The only problem is that the Eagles only lost Don Felder. They still have Don Henley and Glen Frey, so it'll still sound like the Eagles. Fleetwood Mac lost Christine McVie, the singer who had the most hit singles, so it'll sound very different. If Christine were still there, then $125 might be reasonable. But not like this, especially as Stevie and Lindsey have been touring extensively (for them) since the last Fleetwood Mac tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNicksed View Post
That's what I was afraid of. Can I ask what the other city(ies) is?

It looks like I need to concentrate more on the NYC show... Damn, The Times Union Center is 20 minutes from me!

Hopefully, as someone has said, the sales will pickup after the holidays.
Well... there's three months to go... I don't think people generally buy tickets the first day. Almost everyone I know who are regular concert goers wait til the last minute and see if there are any deals and just take their chances.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still wish they did all smaller venues. That would be Unleashed. Everyone could SEE what's going on on stage. Especially in these times, it would have been a better idea and all the tickets would have become hot items.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpai View Post
I still wish they did all smaller venues. That would be Unleashed. Everyone could SEE what's going on on stage. Especially in these times, it would have been a better idea and all the tickets would have become hot items.
Me too, but there wouldn't be enough money involved to make it worthwhile to them.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Me too, but there wouldn't be enough money involved to make it worthwhile to them.
It is coming to the point that they are going to have to go, "back to the trenches." They need to remember why they started doing this : THE MUSIC!!! If that is not why they are doing this, they should have stopped. I think their hearts are still in it. I think they love this music. I am sure this will all work out in the end.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Didn't seem to bother Lindsey much on his tour. He was eating it up with a spoon!

If they wanted to go big, they shoulda come with something different, like Tusk cover to cover or something. They could have had the upper hand too, finally getting the world to see their error of their ways in regards to the original release. Performing albums cover to cover rocks!

Of course, it woulda sucked without Christine, but it would have been something at least.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Didn't seem to bother Lindsey much on his tour. He was eating it up with a spoon!
Seriously. It spoiled me right good, too! Now we're spending at least double of his ticket prices for venues ten times as big!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered

Quote:
Entirely different & irrelevant to this conversation for way too many reasons to count or list.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Rochester is doing terribly, and I wouldn't be surprised if they ditched it and/or Albany, either giving them a long weekend, or maybe a fill date in Verona to placate Upstate NY (Rochester AND Albany was obviously too much too soon).
Why do these people need a long weekend? It's not like any of them have a day job.

I say this because I'd like them to schedule all of their concerts on Saturday (except for those that I can drive to, those can take place during the week). That would make travel much easier.

Michele
Old 12-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Pittsburgh is selling decently. Remember, this thing is going down a little over two months from now. Christmas is next week, people will have some extra cash. Let's not cancel the tour just yet. All that "rust belt" crap is useless. The people in Pittsburgh and other cities in the Rust Belt turn out for concerts as much as anywhere else. Ask Springsteen.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Here is my thoughts

When Christine retired it left a big hole in the band that I don't think can ever be replaced. Maybe after the Dance Tour was over that should have been it.

However they decided to continue and released a decent album. I saw them on the last tour and was very dispointed. I think they should have lost the back up players and went out as a foursome (With an extra Keyboard Player perhaps). I may be in the minority but I have never been a fan of Back Up Singers. In lots of cases they steal the show with loud vocals that drown the actual singer. I remember the live version of SYW in Toronto and all of the other people singing backup made it hard to hear Stevie and Lindsey.

Where I get angry is that they are treating this tour like it is something they have never done saying things like "For just this one time you are getting all of the hits" when in fact that is all they have ever really done. If the last tour didn't inspre them to be creative with the setlist (Older Peter Green Bob Welch material, Lesser known stuff from the Rumours Lineup)then it is pretty clear that they are doing this for the wrong reasons.

I remember one of my friends once told me if you can by an entire artists Catalogue of full length studio albums for the price of a ticket to their shows then you know they are charging too much money.

Time will tell if this tour is a bust or not but in this economy it isn't looking good.

Matt
Old 12-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Entirely different & irrelevant to this conversation for way too many reasons to count or list.
And, really, it's probably something that has absolutely nothing to with Mick, John, Stevie, or Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Banned

This thread has become negative. We want them to work around OUR schedules. We want it cheaper, we want it OUR WAY, with OUR songs. Sometimes we forget, we have the option to NOT pay that kind of money. We have the option to NOT go if we don't like the songs. We have the option to just STAY HOME. I am going regardless of what the charge, play, or how many people sing back-up. IMO, this is THE MAC and I am lucky enough to see them anyway I can.

Last edited by kennation; 12-18-2008 at 11:15 PM..
Old 12-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
This thread has become negative. We want them to work around OUR schedules. We want it cheaper, we want it OUR WAY, with OUR songs. Sometimes we forget, we have the option to NOT pay that kind of money. We have the option to NOT go if we don't like the songs. We have the option to just STAY HOME. I am going regardless of what the charge, play, or how many people sing back-up. IMO, this is THE MAC and I am lucky enough to see them anyway I can.
I'm just curious, but how many times have you seen Fleetwood Mac in concert?
Old 12-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
This thread has become negative. We want them to work around OUR schedules.
Eh, I'll agree that the weather thing is a little silly.

Quote:
We want it cheaper, we want it OUR WAY, with OUR songs.
I got to see five Robert Pollard/Boston Spaceships shows for a total of $75 on tickets. I think there's a lot more value in paying $15 for a ticket and actually being entertained by a dynamic, original performer singing songs for the first time compared to being frustrated by a band that has a lot of potential to make good music but is weighed down by stagnation. And, honestly, I can't imagine paying that much and have to listen to Lindsey give some canned speech about how they're all healing.

Quote:
Sometimes we forget, we have the option to NOT pay that kind of money. We have the option to NOT go if we don't like the songs. We have the option to just STAY HOME.
Stay home? I think not! I have OTHER rock options.

Quote:
I am going regardless of what the charge, play, or how many people sing back-up. IMO, this is THE MAC and I am lucky enough to see them anyway I can.
Lucky you. I'm lucky enough to know indie rockers. You can go drinking with indie rockers.

THE Stephen Hopkins