Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
FREE CONCERTS????? Why? Was she so bad she couldn't even get money for a show?
They were free concerts sponsored by radio stations in St. Petersburg, Florida; Boston, MA.; and Columbus, Ohio, and they featured several different performers.

Each concert helped raise money for various charities.
Stevie has done many shows over the years, to help raise money for the charities that are dear to her heart.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 08-24-2003 at 03:52 PM..
Old 08-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I went to two of the free concerts (Boston and Florida) and she certainly looked terrible, she sounded great (especially Boston), but looked awful. Her hair wasn't like in the pictures for the show you showed, it was straight and it looked fried. For the soundcheck at the Florida show, she wore this sundress (!!!) and when she did the actual show, she was wearing this corset thing and this HUGE crucifix around her neck. She had heavy bags under her eyes, didn't move around much, pale skin, and seemed...distant. At the Boston show, she was more into it, but she looked like she was very sick. Her voice at the Boston show was also very hoarse and very throaty, like she had a throat infection or something. I enjoyed the shows, but after seeing Stevie, I was concerned about her health. We hadn't heard anything from her in so long and then to see her looking so sickly made me wonder if she actually was very sick.

Old 08-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did not go to these concerts. However, the reviews on the nicksfix of the concerts pretty much agree that she was beginning to lose weight and she looked and sounded great. I remember at the time reading them and thinking, that was a good thing.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-24-2003, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I went to two of the free concerts (Boston and Florida) and she certainly looked terrible, she sounded great (especially Boston), but looked awful. Her hair wasn't like in the pictures for the show you showed, it was straight and it looked fried. For the soundcheck at the Florida show, she wore this sundress (!!!) and when she did the actual show, she was wearing this corset thing and this HUGE crucifix around her neck.
Hmm, maybe she looked better in the pics than she did in person, because I thought she looked great in all of the photos I've seen from those shows. Even in the sundress!

Here are two from the July 4th performance in St. Petersburg, Florida... one in the sundress, from the soundcheck, and one during the performance....

Now two from the Boston, MA. show, on October 12th....

Old 08-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Need I say more?! The photos, however bad they are, make her look 110% better than she did at the shows. There are a few more close-up shots from the Boston show floating around on the internet if you can find them, Johnny. You don't think she actually looks good in those photos, do you?!

Old 08-24-2003, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some more photos from the free shows I was at:

Florida-

http://nicksfix.com/snbear7.jpg
http://nicksfix.com/snbear8.jpg
http://nicksfix.com/snbear5.jpg
http://nicksfix.com/snbear4.jpg

Boston-

http://nicksfix.com/oct12_96.jpg
http://nicksfix.com/oct12s.jpg
http://nicksfix.com/oct12d.jpg
http://nicksfix.com/oct12h.jpg

Old 08-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say while she could have looked better (esp. the vampire make up ) , I do not think she looks horrible, esp. considering these were taken in broad daylight and were candid photos as opposed to The Dance video which was filmed with a special lens (can you say oil coated), in controlled lighting, and heavily edited to ensure good angles (notice they rarely film her rear end from any angle and the chiffon on the mic. stand hides alot!)

Last edited by strandinthewind; 08-24-2003 at 04:48 PM..
Old 08-24-2003, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I tried to choose photos where her face wasn't too obscured, and those where you could see her body better... but I don't think she looks "horrible" and "sick" in ANY of the dozens of pics from those shows. Some may not be the most flattering angle or lighting, but she still looks great.

And I still feel that in several of the pics, she looks downright fantastic.

The "worst" I've ever seen Stevie looking, in terms of health, are pics from the 'Rock A Little' tour... where her "eye makeup (was) dark, and careless," and she looked bloated, and uncomfortable.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 08-24-2003 at 05:36 PM..
Old 08-24-2003, 05:42 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by trackaghost
I have a horrible feeling that Diamondsnake is trying to be provocative and get us arguing.
The great thing is... no one's arguing!

Even though we're not all necessarily seeing eye-to-eye on this particular topic, at least we're all being civil.
Ledgies are the best.
Quote:
Originally posted by trackaghost
Lets just agree that Stevie, while a beauty, like any human being does not look great all the time but at the moment is looking fantastic.
Very well said.
It can't be easy to have your life so well-documented. And though some may argue that fame and celebrity are things that Stevie wanted, that doesn't excuse the often cruel and invasive things that have been said about her at various times throughout her career.

She may be famous, but she's still a human-being, who is deserving of respect and compassion.
But then, I'm preaching to the choir, aren't I?
Old 08-24-2003, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
But then, I'm preaching to the choir, aren't I?

Amen brother!
Old 08-24-2003, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey guys, I know I am coming to this late, and I agree, Stevie is beautiful but not perfect. I am so glad she taking better care of herself these days, and the only reason I hope she is keeping her weight down is so she feels better.

One question I have myself is in regard to when I myself first started hearing/reading negative press about Stevie's appearance. I have to admit I was shocked when I got wind of it. I recall reading a review that I'll paraphrase, "Stevie Nicks came out draped in blue fabric that resembled her grandma's bedspread....then she dropped it to reaveal that her voice is not the only thing she has allowed to slip..."

I was horrified when I read that. I couldn't believe some jackass said that about sexy Stevie Nicks.

The best I can recall this was around the time of TOSOTM. Does anybody else remember this?
Or what did you think when you first started seeing similar press? I was really upset for her.

-Sharon
Old 08-24-2003, 08:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think for a 55 year-old woman who has lived the life of a rock goddess...she looks great. Or who has lived any life for that matter. She looks much better than many women half her age. If she were thin then critics would say she was too thin. Naysayers will always need something to focus on and her weight is an easy target. From all the picture from this tour posted by Ledgies, I have thought to myself many times how thins she looks. But there will always be people who bring up her less than stellar moments. The past is the past. Bottom line, she looks awesome. And sounds it too.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just saying that I was aghast when I saw Stevie at those free shows. Was she ugly? Of course not, she's a naturally beautiful woman regardless. But she looked like she didn't seem to care how she looked when she went out onstage and looked like she was ill. She looked like she'd been through a tough time and it showed in her performances and her appearances. But, she's Stevie Nicks; I love her no matter what.

And that first pic, Johnny, that you posted from the free show I didn't attend is GORGEOUS. Damn skippy.

Old 08-24-2003, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I'm just saying that I was aghast when I saw Stevie at those free shows. Was she ugly? Of course not, she's a naturally beautiful woman regardless. But she looked like she didn't seem to care how she looked when she went out onstage and looked like she was ill. She looked like she'd been through a tough time and it showed in her performances and her appearances. But, she's Stevie Nicks; I love her no matter what.

And that first pic, Johnny, that you posted from the free show I didn't attend is GORGEOUS. Damn skippy.
I know. That is the thing I think gets misunderstood. I do not think the vast majority of "us" ever think Stevie is/was a troll or anything like that. I think the vast majority of "us " just comment that she has been through the ringer (drugs, booze, basically non-stop touring/recording, seemingly unrequited love affairs to name a few, pressure to be Ms. Perfect in all aspects all of the time, etc. ) more than once and thank the stars above she has come through it every time and looks remarable considering all of that. Did that make sense

Old 08-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Did that make sense
Perfectly.

If any of us think she looked bad during those free shows, god forbid if we saw her after Klonopin detox! Gray hair, molted skin, and all!