User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
It's the worst kind of lamatoid arthritis. It is the hardening of the ideas, and the inability to recognize reality, and anything that is important.
You are really on a roll lately. Lamatoid Arthritis has got to the ultimate prize winning AMberism ever posted.

I am not worthy.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mmmkay, I appreciate your sarcastic point. I appreciate your pain. All I ask is that you understand that no one, NO ONE - Is finding this funny due to the tragedy, but solely b/c of the visceral funniness of the pics. You know, Stevie interspersed with total destruction?
It's fine if you don't think it is funny. The important thing is that you do realize it may be funny to other people who also have extreme empathy for any hardships/disasters that people have had to endure. I'm sorry our gallows humor with Stevie placed in certain fictional positions of destruction make you mad - but what makes me mad is the misinterpretation of intentions, and the unwillingness to allow for the difference between humor and satire, and that which is really felt.

We've all told you we don't make light of 9-11 or any other tragedy - why are you trying to hold us hostage with "politically correct" actions rather than focusing on our real feelings, which are light years away from finding good in any terrorist act, or any expression of intolerance?! It's downright insulting! It's a slap in the face to any forward thinking ledgie, which includes most ledgies.
We are among the most humanitarian, forward thinking, tolerant people on earth - yet you try to condemn us because we laugh at some pics of STevie interspersed with disasters? We are trying to express some joy and levity, and we're obviosly some great, intelligent, advanced thinkers - but you try to split hairs with us on semantics, and meaningless crap?! It's a travesty! It is not seeing the forest for the trees at it's worst! Do you honestly think that we don't care about every single person that was effected by 9-11? Do you honestly think that any of us have to be reminded of any sorrow? Do you honestly think that any of us derive pleasure from the heinousness that has happened in the world?
If you do, you are woefully mistaken. Our laughter from the Stevie pics has nothing to do with laughing at tragedy. And the fact that you would'nt recognize that, and would imply that those of us who laughed had nefarious motivations that were far uglier, and less tolerant, and blind - than anything an actual cruel person could ever perpetrate - is abominable. We're not cruel people. We don't laugh at tragedy. We don't think it's cool. So please, PLEASE -Take what we say in context, don't try to pin historical responsibility on us just because you can't discern context. That isn't us, that is not how we are. And it pisses us off for you to imply, through faulty logic, that we are that way, that we feel anything less than full sympathy for any tragedy.
I mean, you're making me sick right now, with your shallow misinterpretation. Do you really think that any ledgie wishes ill on any other? Do you really think that any of us think nine eleven was something happy and fun to make jokes of?
Let us not be oversensitive to the point of fault, okay? Can we just assume enough mutual respect that we don't have to call people out for stupid meaningless **** that isn't even happening? That no one even feels?
Thank you! That would be awesome!
Or, you can continue to take umbrage for no, I repeat, no, reason. But that will make you an a-hole, I have to say. To take offense when no one meant offense, and agrees with you, is lamatoid. It's the worst kind of lamatoid arthritis. It is the hardening of the ideas, and the inability to recognize reality, and anything that is important. It's the inflexibility of the mind, the mind that is impervious to logic and new ideas. It's the mind who takes offense based on old paradigms which do not even exist anymore, and have not even been expressed. The mind that takes umbrage on that which they have imagined, rather than what is actually being thought/said, and the intention inherent.

Sad. Let's all catch up to the future, and use our brains to recognize context, shall we? Thus enabling us to pick our battles - of which this should not be one. It is laughable to imply that any ledgie meant ill will by interspersing Stevie's pic with those of well known disasters. It is an epic misinterpretation, a great faltering of brain power, a return to base emotions without logic, and a monument to self absorption without reason. I am insulted, to be honest. Insulted that someone didn't bother to think further than their own emotional reaction. Didn't bother to think about the real intention of the act. And I am dismayed to think that though the logic was readily at hand, some chose to assume a personal affront by anyone who had laughed at the pics, not bothering to think that one extra step ahead - the one where they realized that obviously no opinion expressed was calculated to offend, or even make light of any tragedy. That no laughter resulting from the pic was in any way calculated to make pain for them and their very personal experience with the information.
I mean, C'mon! Less get a grip!

So Nyeah.
Although you have edited, this reads quite harsh IMO all things considering. I do believe I would have let angel69 sarc away given her circumstance. I rather wish you would have directed this post towards me as angel didn't/doesn't deserve this. I get the intent behind the photographs. I always did. I just don't find them funny.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mmmkay, I appreciate your sarcastic point. I appreciate your pain. All I ask is that you understand that no one, NO ONE - Is finding this funny due to the tragedy, but solely b/c of the visceral funniness of the pics. You know, Stevie interspersed with total destruction?
It's fine if you don't think it is funny. The important thing is that you do realize it may be funny to other people who also have extreme empathy for any hardships/disasters that people have had to endure. I'm sorry our gallows humor with Stevie placed in certain fictional positions of destruction make you mad - but what makes me mad is the misinterpretation of intentions, and the unwillingness to allow for the difference between humor and satire, and that which is really felt.

We've all told you we don't make light of 9-11 or any other tragedy - why are you trying to hold us hostage with "politically correct" actions rather than focusing on our real feelings, which are light years away from finding good in any terrorist act, or any expression of intolerance?! It's downright insulting! It's a slap in the face to any forward thinking ledgie, which includes most ledgies.
We are among the most humanitarian, forward thinking, tolerant people on earth - yet you try to condemn us because we laugh at some pics of STevie interspersed with disasters? We are trying to express some joy and levity, and we're obviosly some great, intelligent, advanced thinkers - but you try to split hairs with us on semantics, and meaningless crap?! It's a travesty! It is not seeing the forest for the trees at it's worst! Do you honestly think that we don't care about every single person that was effected by 9-11? Do you honestly think that any of us have to be reminded of any sorrow? Do you honestly think that any of us derive pleasure from the heinousness that has happened in the world?
If you do, you are woefully mistaken. Our laughter from the Stevie pics has nothing to do with laughing at tragedy. And the fact that you would'nt recognize that, and would imply that those of us who laughed had nefarious motivations that were far uglier, and less tolerant, and blind - than anything an actual cruel person could ever perpetrate - is abominable. We're not cruel people. We don't laugh at tragedy. We don't think it's cool. So please, PLEASE -Take what we say in context, don't try to pin historical responsibility on us just because you can't discern context. That isn't us, that is not how we are. And it pisses us off for you to imply, through faulty logic, that we are that way, that we feel anything less than full sympathy for any tragedy.
I mean, you're making me sick right now, with your shallow misinterpretation. Do you really think that any ledgie wishes ill on any other? Do you really think that any of us think nine eleven was something happy and fun to make jokes of?
Let us not be oversensitive to the point of fault, okay? Can we just assume enough mutual respect that we don't have to call people out for stupid meaningless **** that isn't even happening? That no one even feels?
Thank you! That would be awesome!
Or, you can continue to take umbrage for no, I repeat, no, reason. But that will make you an a-hole, I have to say. To take offense when no one meant offense, and agrees with you, is lamatoid. It's the worst kind of lamatoid arthritis. It is the hardening of the ideas, and the inability to recognize reality, and anything that is important. It's the inflexibility of the mind, the mind that is impervious to logic and new ideas. It's the mind who takes offense based on old paradigms which do not even exist anymore, and have not even been expressed. The mind that takes umbrage on that which they have imagined, rather than what is actually being thought/said, and the intention inherent.

Sad. Let's all catch up to the future, and use our brains to recognize context, shall we? Thus enabling us to pick our battles - of which this should not be one. It is laughable to imply that any ledgie meant ill will by interspersing Stevie's pic with those of well known disasters. It is an epic misinterpretation, a great faltering of brain power, a return to base emotions without logic, and a monument to self absorption without reason. I am insulted, to be honest. Insulted that someone didn't bother to think further than their own emotional reaction. Didn't bother to think about the real intention of the act. And I am dismayed to think that though the logic was readily at hand, some chose to assume a personal affront by anyone who had laughed at the pics, not bothering to think that one extra step ahead - the one where they realized that obviously no opinion expressed was calculated to offend, or even make light of any tragedy. That no laughter resulting from the pic was in any way calculated to make pain for them and their very personal experience with the information.
I mean, C'mon! Less get a grip!

So Nyeah.
The almighty Amber has spoken. If I am making you sick to bad. You are implying way to many things about me. Heed your own advice dear. I posted 3times with a total of about 20 sentences and with this you have pinpointed me as:

Holding Ledgies hostage

Politically Correct (oh yeah Im very politically correct)

Splitting hairs with semantics and meaningless crap (this I find interesting)

Trying to pin historical responsiblity on you (how did you come to this conclusion?)

Have faulty logic

Am being oversensitive to the point of fault

If anyone should get a grip it should be you. Your the one on the tirade. You know absolutely nothing about me, yet your keyboard psychology has come to some very strong conclusions about me. Your the one who dissected my psyche and came to some assinine conclusions. But Im the one who is a shallow and misinformed. OK. If you say so. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Ledgie

ok , i made some too:

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 08-08-2006 at 01:14 AM..
Old 08-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Wouldnt that be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
OK. How about a disaster waiting to happen?
a new Fleetwood Mac album??

Just kiddin', couldnt resist it...y'all!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-08-2006, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie85
ok , i made some too:

this one was my favorite.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
Although you have edited, this reads quite harsh IMO all things considering. I do believe I would have let angel69 sarc away given her circumstance. I rather wish you would have directed this post towards me as angel didn't/doesn't deserve this. I get the intent behind the photographs. I always did. I just don't find them funny.
Somehow, I've just erased a huge long response to this.
My response wasn't aimed at you, on the contrary I got the impression that you took your objection to the material in the proper context.
Just because people have pain around a subject, doesn't give them a moratorium on talking about said subject. I said lots more smart stuff that I erased, but I don't think that anyone is minimalizing the pain of any of the tragedies, and to say that they are based only on personal feelings rather than the actual context of the views expressed is fallacious and counterproductive. And I do have a problem with such a reactionary reaction, based on nothing.
damn, I had more cool stuff, but I blew my wad. I'll have to refuel. But before I sign off without saying my cool stuff, I would like to say that while I am arguing with Angel's point, and believe his/her foundations for opinion to be midplaced here, I totally think it's fine for Angel to express how he/she feels. But he/she shouldn't make the mistake to think that simply by expressing pain of circumstance, he/she will not encounter opposition. We all have pain. But we all have the capacity for logic, as well, and access to pain does not insure that someone's opinion is right, or will be acquiesced to. But I have respect for opposite points of view. So much respect that I will challenge them logically, as if they all were equal, and equally deserving of scrutiny. Again, pain doesn't make you have the best point. And it shouldn't excuse you from logic. I realize that many times people are not logical, including myself, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be encouraged, it doesn't mean emotions absolve you from real world consequences, realities, or solutions.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 08-08-2006 at 01:23 AM..
Old 08-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Wished I felt better...

and had the time (Battling a summer cold sucks ass), I have one image that needs a Stevie head added onto it, It is a large image of the Children of Bodom album cover in my signature...Of course I would add Stevie's head onto the "Grim Reaper" and change the band's name to "Children of Nicks"

If anyone wants to help accomplish this feel free to PM me.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-08-2006, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69
The almighty Amber has spoken. If I am making you sick to bad. You are implying way to many things about me. Heed your own advice dear. I posted 3times with a total of about 20 sentences and with this you have pinpointed me as:

Holding Ledgies hostage

Politically Correct (oh yeah Im very politically correct)

Splitting hairs with semantics and meaningless crap (this I find interesting)

Trying to pin historical responsiblity on you (how did you come to this conclusion?)

Have faulty logic

Am being oversensitive to the point of fault

If anyone should get a grip it should be you. Your the one on the tirade. You know absolutely nothing about me, yet your keyboard psychology has come to some very strong conclusions about me. Your the one who dissected my psyche and came to some assinine conclusions. But Im the one who is a shallow and misinformed. OK. If you say so. Thanks.

Okay, fair enough. All I saw is that you were implicitly accusing ledgies who thought the pics were funny of being insensitive, for reasons said ledgies had no obligations whatsoever to think about, and no reason to think about, save the reason that you thought their laughter was offensive, and tried to inspire guilt about it. As if your losses from nine eleven had anything whatsoever to do with our laughter about the Stevie pics. They did not, yet you implied they did. You implied our laughter was wrong and insensitive.
And that is where I get my f*ck you. Because we weren't thinking about losses, weren't laughing about tragedy, and yet you chose to assume umbrage about our reactions anyway, as if they were even remotely related to your existence, which they were not. And for you to use the phrase "almighty" in a sarcastic manner as if I were positing that, just shows some kind of complex you have about me simply stating my thoughts. You stated your thoughts, didn't you? I didn't call you "almighty" anything. I didn't imply that your opinions were "godlike" and irrefutable, or that you were trying to be superior in any way. I take people's opinions as just that, not as some ego challenge where I have to name winners and losers, and where people are trying to be all knowing, or whatever your implication was.
Argue with what I say, but don't let your insecurities pin some kind of personality trait on me that I don't even have, or reasons that don't motivate me. ("almighty", etc).
Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm trying to dominate you, or be right at any cost, or that I have no respect for you. Kindly extend me the same courtesy of intention that I have extended you, one where the phrase "almighty" has never entered my mind, an existence where we are arguing the logic of ideas, without the ego involved, and without anyone bieng given extra points because they have more pain.
Thank you.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 08-08-2006 at 01:21 AM..
Old 08-08-2006, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie85
ok , i made some too:

Excellent efforts, both. I especially like the finger pointing Stevie leading the charge. A different vibe than the usual "fiddling silly and unaware while Rome burns" feel of the others.

On an artistic note, the perhaps unintended color co-ordination in the second one gets you some major bonus points.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

there's WAY too much reading on this thread. can we just keep putting up funny pictures?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, fair enough. All I saw is that you were implicitly accusing ledgies who thought the pics were funny of being insensitive, for reasons said ledgies had no obligations whatsoever to think about, and no reason to think about, save the reason that you thought their laughter was offensive, and tried to inspire guilt about it. As if your losses from nine eleven had anything whatsoever to do with our laughter about the Stevie pics. They did not, yet you implied they did. You implied our laughter was wrong and insensitive.
And that is where I get my f*ck you. Because we weren't thinking about losses, weren't laughing about tragedy, and yet you chose to assume umbrage about our reactions anyway, as if they were even remotely related to your existence, which they were not. And for you to use the phrase "almighty" in a sarcastic manner as if I were positing that, just shows some kind of complex you have about me simply stating my thoughts. You stated your thoughts, didn't you? I didn't call you "almighty" anything. I didn't imply that your opinions were "godlike" and irrefutable, or that you were trying to be superior in any way. I take people's opinions as just that, not as some ego challenge where I have to name winners and losers, and where people are trying to be all knowing, or whatever your implication was.
Argue with what I say, but don't let your insecurities pin some kind of personality trait on me that I don't even have, or reasons that don't motivate me. ("almighty", etc).
Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm trying to dominate you, or be right at any cost, or that I have no respect for you. Kindly extend me the same courtesy of intention that I have extended you, one where the phrase "almighty" has never entered my mind, an existence where we are arguing the logic of ideas, without the ego involved, and without anyone bieng given extra points because they have more pain.
Thank you.

I never implied anyone was wrong. I was stating why I personally felt the "tourist of death" photo was not funny. And now you are accusing me of having a complex, after your intitital diagnosis. Yes I was being sarcastic, reread your post and look at what your deduction of me was. According to you I have numerous peronality flaws, cannot think logically, holding people on the ledge hostage etc...etc. Give me a break. This is where I get my F*ck you.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Excellent efforts, both. I especially like the finger pointing Stevie leading the charge. A different vibe than the usual "fiddling silly and unaware while Rome burns" feel of the others.

On an artistic note, the perhaps unintended color co-ordination in the second one gets you some major bonus points.
It's interesting that Blondie just joined yesterday, and for their first post already has some doozies ready to go. I'd hate to think, though I wouldn't be surprised, that an existing member would register under a new name just for the sake of posting something that they knew would be offensive, and not in the spirit of humor that the original post and images may have been intended. The photo of the tsunami is truely tasteless, and unlike most of the other photos was not even 2 years ago. It's hard to look at that image knowing that most of those people, including children, probably were killed and feel anything remotely close to laughter.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow
It's interesting that Blondie just joined yesterday, and for their first post already has some doozies ready to go. I'd hate to think, though I wouldn't be surprised, that an existing member would register under a new name just for the sake of posting something that they knew would be offensive, and not in the spirit of humor that the original post and images may have been intended. The photo of the tsunami is truely tasteless, and unlike most of the other photos was not even 2 years ago. It's hard to look at that image knowing that most of those people, including children, probably were killed and feel anything remotely close to laughter.
That's a vacation snap from WATERWORLD, isn't it?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Banned

I love how a pointless thread meant to make a few people laugh gets twisted around until people are getting psychoanalyzed, insulted, accused, hurt, angered, etc. Only on the ledge...

It's funny because if I see something that I don't agree with, the only thing I do is click the little "x" in the corner of the window. Is it that hard of a concept?

Lighten up people, it's only a website for christ's sake.