Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

No, Madonna is not worthy of the ROCK N ROLL hall of fame.
Can you believe rock ladies Pat Benatar and Stevie Nicks are not in the hall but Madonna is. That is outrageous and insulting. Rock legends YES is not included either. Crazy!
I am not knocking her pop/dance music. Madonna has worked with some of the best producers in the bizz. Most of her biggest hits were not written by her lyrically and she added nothing musically. How can rock legends like Pat Benatar, Stevie Nicks, and Christine McVie not be included. If Madonna is accepted then Cyndi Lauper should be included too. I think substance matters though. I think there should be a pop hall of fame and that would solve this issue. If you look at the recipients during the first several years ONLY rock stars were accepted. Sadly rock is dead and they started accepting MTV created pop stars. Its apples and oranges IMHO.
Or don't call it the rock n roll hall of fame. Call it the music hall of fame. Then I don't have a problem with Madonna. I guess I am old school rock n roll hall of fame.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-04-2016 at 07:00 PM..
Old 05-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
No...Miley Cyrus is not in it. You have to have 25 years between now and when you released your first record.
She will be probably forgotten by then. .

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
Blah. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke. They are nothing more than a vomit stain in my opinion. Sorry to be graphic.
Ditto here.No apology needed.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No, Madonna is not worthy of the ROCK N ROLL hall of fame.
Can you believe rock ladies Pat Benatar and Stevie Nicks are not in the hall but Madonna is. That is outrageous and insulting. Rock legends YES is not included either. Crazy!
I am not knocking her pop/dance music. Madonna has worked with some of the best producers in the bizz. Most of her biggest hits were not written by her lyrically and she added nothing musically. How can rock legends like Pat Benatar, Stevie Nicks, and Christine McVie not be included. If Madonna is accepted then Cyndi Lauper should be included too. I think substance matters though. I think there should be a pop hall of fame and that would solve this issue. If you look at the recipients during the first several years ONLY rock stars were accepted. Sadly rock is dead and they started accepting MTV created pop stars. Its apples and oranges IMHO.
Or don't call it the rock n roll hall of fame. Call it the music hall of fame. Then I don't have a problem with Madonna. I guess I am old school rock n roll hall of fame.
I agree.ROCK artists and bands only.Stevie is left out in the cold with others that should be installed or inducted a long time ago.Madonna,Cyndi are fine and they should be in some hall a fame.Somebody should come up with a pop artist hall a fame.

Now I can see Taylor Swift working up her time to get in there.

Last edited by Macfanforever; 05-04-2016 at 09:43 PM..
Old 05-05-2016, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I agree.ROCK artists and bands only.Stevie is left out in the cold with others that should be installed or inducted a long time ago.Madonna,Cyndi are fine and they should be in some hall a fame.Somebody should come up with a pop artist hall a fame.

I guess I am old school. There once was a HUGE difference between rock n roll and pop. Other times its a fine line. It can be challenging. But in my head I see rock n roll groups writing their own songs, taking a year to make an album, playing ever instrument, no voice alterations on singing, all this with no videos before MTV. Many pop artists on the other hand are package materials. Many times a performer is brought a song to sing. Its marketed to teens and put on the top 40 rotation.
There are times rock performers like Stevie do pop songs. She has done many like Talk To Me and Everyday, etc. Long story short is there really any comparison between Madonna and Stevie Nicks? Madonna does have talent but her career was excelled by controversy and many times faked controversy. Madonna is a genius the way she markets herself and she is the biggest pop star in the world. But Stevie and Christine don't need to burn crosses or sing about their virginity to get hit songs.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I guess I am old school. There once was a HUGE difference between rock n roll and pop. Other times its a fine line. It can be challenging. But in my head I see rock n roll groups writing their own songs, taking a year to make an album, playing ever instrument, no voice alterations on singing, all this with no videos before MTV. Many pop artists on the other hand are package materials. Many times a performer is brought a song to sing. Its marketed to teens and put on the top 40 rotation.
There are times rock performers like Stevie do pop songs. She has done many like Talk To Me and Everyday, etc. Long story short is there really any comparison between Madonna and Stevie Nicks? Madonna does have talent but her career was excelled by controversy and many times faked controversy. Madonna is a genius the way she markets herself and she is the biggest pop star in the world. But Stevie and Christine don't need to burn crosses or sing about their virginity to get hit songs.
Yes .I'm all old school with music.Now its a big mixed up bag of everything.
The problem with Madonna is she got overexposed with the media like other artists and bands.I lost interest of Madonna probably by her second or third album. Also her crotch feeling in her vids turned me off too. Stevie and the Mac and some others kept their heads low from the overexposed dept.The problem with Stevie and the Mac is they never tried any thing different music then what they do play or the radio jocks and station program directors and music directors simply overlooked some of their country flavored tunes like Stevie's "After The Glitter Fades" and FM 's "Thats Alright" just name a couple .I was lucky here to have these tunes including L@L played on the local country station as I requested them during the request hour .Also it helped that I known the DJ there also he was a fan of Stevie's and the Mac..

Old 05-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes .I'm all old school with music.Now its a big mixed up bag of everything.
The problem with Madonna is she got overexposed with the media like other artists and bands.I lost interest of Madonna probably by her second or third album. Also her crotch feeling in her vids turned me off too. Stevie and the Mac and some others kept their heads low from the overexposed dept.The problem with Stevie and the Mac is they never tried any thing different music then what they do play or the radio jocks and station program directors and music directors simply overlooked some of their country flavored tunes like Stevie's "After The Glitter Fades" and FM 's "Thats Alright" just name a couple .I was lucky here to have these tunes including L@L played on the local country station as I requested them during the request hour .Also it helped that I known the DJ there also he was a fan of Stevie's and the Mac..
I agree with you.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They haven't inducted Carole King? Wow! I thought she'd been in it for years. What a disgrace that Madonna's in it but Carole isn't, she was writing hit songs when Madonna was a toddler.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This article supporting Stevie's induction is so up to date it even incudes the 24KG tour.

http://inspirer.life/home/2017/01/ro...-stevie-nicks/

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame- Induct These Women: Stevie Nicks

As mentioned previously, half of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s current roster of female inductees were inducted as members of female inclusive bands. It can easily be argued that several of those women deserve to be honored as solo artists, and Stevie Nicks is undeniably one of those women. The fact that she’s been dubbed time and time again as “The Queen of Rock and Roll” should be reason enough to have her honored individually, but although she was inducted in 1998 with super group Fleetwood Mac (a band whose only number one U.S. single was penned by Nicks), she has yet to be recognized as a solo artist, despite having an extensive and wildly successful solo career spanning over 30 years.

1981 saw Nicks’s solo debut with the release of “Bella Donna,” which topped the Billboard charts and reached platinum status in just three months. The album went on to reach quadruple platinum status. On the heels of that success, Nicks was anxious to prove it was no fluke. Her sophomore solo album, 1983’s “Wild Heart,” went double platinum and reached number five on the Billboard charts. Two years later, in late 1985, Nicks’s third solo studio album, “Rock a Little,” was released and climbed to the top 20 in its first two weeks, peaking at number 12, and eventually going platinum in its first month. Her last album of the ‘80s, *“The Other Side of the Mirror,” released in 1989, also went on to gain platinum status after peaking at number 10 on the charts. In one decade, Stevie Nicks released four charting albums, toured those four charting albums, and had 13 singles make the top 40 on the rock charts, in addition to releasing and touring two albums with Fleetwood Mac.

In the ‘90s, Nicks released two compilation albums — “Timespace: The Best of Stevie Nicks,” which went platinum, and “Enchanted,” as well as her only studio album of the decade, “Street Angel.” In 2001, she returned to the top 10, with “Trouble in Shangri-La” peaking at number five. The tour to follow her 6th studio release was one of the highest grossing tours of the year. It would take Nicks another decade to revisit the making of a solo record, but she never stopped making music. Nicks still went on to tour both solo and as a member of Fleetwood Mac through the first 10 years of the millennium, leaving her no time to slip into rock and roll obscurity.

In 2011, 30 years after the release of “Bella Donna,” “In Your Dreams” debuted at number 6 on the Billboard 200, and included a companion behind the scenes documentary of the same title. In 2013 “American Horror Story: Coven” introduced Stevie Nicks and her music to a new generation of rock and roll fans, with six episodes featuring her music, and two of those episodes featuring Stevie Nicks herself. Most recently, Nicks embarked on her much anticipated 24 Karat Gold Tour — a belated tour for her 2014 double album “24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault,” which charted at number 7 and number 3 respectively on the U.S. and U.S. Rock charts. So far the tour has visited 27 cities, many of which were sold out shows, with at least one date breaking a record for fastest sell-out in the venue’s history. This is Nicks’s 17th tour appearing as a solo artist.

You’ll find on the official Rock & Roll Hall of Fame site that to qualify, in addition to having had a career spanning at least 25 years, an artist being considered for induction must also have had a significant impact on the development, evolution, and preservation of rock & roll. Even without considering the fact that Stevie Nicks has acted as a mentor for younger songwriters in the industry, been mentioned as a significant influence by countless other artists, and shown up to support the future of music in so many ways, her qualifications can’t be denied. Show up to any number of her shows, and you’ll find fans young and old alike, draped in shawls, wearing top hats and platform boots, singing along to every word of “Edge of Seventeen.” *Stevie Nicks’s influence, much like the songstress herself, is anything but subtle, and after 36 years of prolific and significant contributions to rock & roll as a solo artist, it’s time for this chanteuse to have her own place in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WAY OVERDUE.Some of them in there should not be in there since that are NOT rock artists.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 01-10-2017, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh God no... as if she wasn't already sufficiently arrogant, imagine what this 'honour' would result in...
Old 01-10-2017, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Oh God no... as if she wasn't already sufficiently arrogant, imagine what this 'honour' would result in...
Like 99.9% of those in the HOF aren't arrogant? And I don't really think she is any more arrogant than any other rock star out there. She has worked for this for over 40 years of her life and it is much deserved in my opinion at this point.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:46 PM
ahafan02
This message has been deleted by ahafan02.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

From the start The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame was meant to be all inclusive. If you don't like it then crawl back under your rock and STOP DISSING other people. You are a one note joke!
Old 01-10-2017, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't take this the wrong way, I love Stevie obviously but I've never really understood why some people are so insistent that she be inducted as a solo artist. She's already in as Fleetwood Mac and I think that was the biggest part of her career music wise (not to say that her solo career wasn't popular). And part of what's interesting about Stevie (and I mean this in a good way) is that her witchy twirly image plays a big hand in her popularity and that is sort of separate from the music aspect of things. If she was like Paul McCartney or Eric Clapton then I would understand why people think she deserves to be inducted as a solo artist. Of course she had lots of hits but I think her in there with FM is perfectly fine and I don't think she's being undervalued or robbed of anything to not be inducted as a solo artist.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 01-10-2017 at 06:08 PM..