Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood's Opening August 2

The Examiner
http://www.examiner.com/article/flee...st-2nd-on-maui

Fleetwood's On Front Street opening August 2nd on Maui

July 29, 2012, By: Steven Scott

The much anticipated opening of Mick Fleetwood's first restaurant - Fleetwood's On Front Street - is now set to open this coming Thursday, August 2nd.

With over 14,000 square feet of prime space, Fleetwood's On Front Street will consist of two levels of dining with multiple bars, a basement nightclub, a full recording studio, VIP dining area, gallery, and retail store featuring Mick Fleetwood's wine.

Yes, you can dine like a rock star!

The menu is one of Maui's top secrets, but will include an "international" flair of both local Hawaiian tastes and colonial British recipes representing Mick Fleetwood's heritage. The menu is being designed by celebrity chef Scott Leibfried.

One of the most interesting aspects of Fleetwood's On Front Street will be the roof-top cashbah, with a retractable canvas roof and cabanas. It'll also offer one of west Maui's most spectacular views of the island's famous sunsets.

Mick Fleetwood will perform often, as he is a resident of Maui and this restaurant represents a life-long dream. Also expect other well-known musicians to appear from time-to-time.

Fleetwood's On Front Street will transform the quaint, quiet town of Lahaina on the west side of Maui into a vibrant, exciting area and will quickly become the "cool" place to dine and mingle with friends.

Fleetwood's On Front Street

744 Front Street

Lahaina, HI 96761

Serving both lunch and dinner. Hours have not yet been set.

http://fleetwoodsonfrontst.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fleetwoods
Old 07-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I can go eat there.I wonder if he will be hiring Busboy/Dishwasher positions when things get going.LOL.

I hope it works out for him.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood launches diner (Steven Tyler helps)
Kim Hughes Aug 21, 2012 Inmusica.CA
http://blog.rock.inmusic.ca/2012/08/...ler-helps.html

Maui is one of the most beautiful places on the planet, which is why moneybags celebrities like Steven Tyler, Willie Nelson, Woody Harrelson and heaps of others own homes there. But operating a business in Hawaii? Yes, if you are Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood who is set to launch his Fleetwood’s on Front Street restaurant in the town center of Lahaina on Thursday. (Trivia: the restaurant logo is Fleetwood’s image from the Rumours album).

Try and make the grand opening if you can as Tyler and guitarist Jonny Lang are expected to swing by, according to RumorFix. (The wine list looks pretty awesome, too). Keeners will recall that the three musicians worked together before in the band M.O.B. recording a cover of ZZ Top’s “Sharp Dressed Man.”
“Johnny and Steven and myself played on the ZZ Top song, so we all know each other,” Fleetwood is quoted as saying. Fleetwood and Tyler have also played together at charity events.

“Steven is ecstatic, he desperately wanted to be here and help out. He’s having a nice break from a hectic tour schedule [with Aerosmith]. It’s incredible luck that Steven will be on island, so we’re all happy.”

Fleetwood joins a long list of rock star restaurateurs: see also Sammy Hagar, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jon Bon Jovi and Green Day’s Mike Dirnt to name four, and his Fleetwood’s on Front Street offers yet another reason to visit the beautiful island. Note to self.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie wasn't so busy now.She could join Mick and reprise her waitress role .
I would love have her wait on my table.Plus I'll give her a fat tip too.LOL......

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
If Stevie wasn't so busy now.She could join Mick and reprise her waitress role .
I would love have her wait on my table.Plus I'll give her a fat tip too.LOL......
That would be a really fun thing for Stevie to do, like at a charity fund raiser or something. It would definitely provide entertainment.

Michele
Old 08-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Pictures from the event:

http://howerphoto.com/blog/just-a-fe...margelainellc/
Old 08-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Mick is most happy and content when he is sitting behind those drums getting to play.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.lahainanews.com/page/cont...St-.html?nav=8

Lahaina welcomes Fleetwood’s on Front St.

September 6, 2012 NORM BEZANE , Lahaina News

LAHAINA - With the blowing of a conch shell and playing of Scottish bagpipes, Fleetwood's on Front St. rock drummer Mick Fleetwood last month launched a showplace 10,000-square-foot restaurant and capped it off with a star-studded grand opening.

Fleetwood, a longtime Maui resident, began his interest in restaurants at age ten when he played drums in his garage, charged admission and sold Cokes for a nickel.

He dreamed not only of a musical career but operating a restaurant, according to Michael Butler, Fleetwood's on Front St.'s general manager.

The star of Fleetwood Mac could have put his dream restaurant anywhere in the world - New York, Honolulu or elsewhere, Butler said. He chose Maui because he lives here most of the year and could drop by, sit in with musicians once in a while and have lunch.

Fleetwood's has more than 30 investors, including some in the music business.

Another motivation, Butler said, is to help Maui. Fleetwood thinks his many fans will start flocking to Lahaina to visit his new place rather than choosing other island destinations.

One top restaurateur, who is a potential competitor, encountered minutes after an exclusive Lahaina News interview, said he welcomed Fleetwood's.

"When more people come to Maui, we always benefit," the restaurateur said.

Housed in the former home of the short-lived Lahaina Store Grille & Oyster Bar and ill-fated Planet Hollywood, the second and third floor restaurant at 749 Front St. is topped by a huge covered deck with sweeping views of the both the West Maui Mountains and Lahaina waterfront.

A central bar is flanked by two Moroccan style-sitting areas that can be reserved by groups and a center section where local music groups will play nightly.

At 6 p.m. each night, the restaurant holds a torch ceremony and commemorates Hawaiian culture - something Fleetwood believes is important for newcomers to do.

Fleetwood, Butler said, has a lot of respect for the culture.

To commemorate his own roots, the part-Scottish Fleetwood concludes the ceremony with a sole bagpiper who marches in with full regalia playing a few tunes.

Butler said the ceremony will be held nightly and is not just a grand opening feature.

Below the top deck is what Fleetwood considers his living room. Comfortable sofas and a shelf of artifacts - including an old Edison phonograph from his home - line a wall in a bar area.

Fronting the main dining room is a huge set of Fleetwood drums that he will play from time to time. An adjoining state-of-the-art recording studio will make possible recording of live music.

One day, you might see CDs out with the title, "Live from Lahaina from Fleetwood's on Front Street," Butler noted.

Known as a detail person, Fleetwood has paid close attention to the menu with aspirations that one day the restaurant will be one of the finest on Maui.

In an unusual twist, it offers a $35,000 Harley Burger. You get a $15 burger, and a $34,985 Harley-Davidson also comes with it. Fleetwood's, which is cooperating with the Harley-Davidson dealership here, has actually sold one.

The restaurant is topped by an American flag, a Hawaiian flag and special red flag put up when Fleetwood is on the island. At a recent Friday evening, during what was called a soft opening, Fleetwood toured the dining room and bar, chatting with fans as well as locals he has known for years.

Fleetwood is a regular guy, Butler noted. He knows a lot of people on Maui, and you are probably more likely to see him at a supermarket than in front of a drum set.

The concrete building housing Fleetwood's has a checkered history. Owner Mac Lowson said it was built in 1916 during World War I to be "the center of the Germans' Pacific empire." The thick walls include twisted steel and are considered impregnable.

Whether the restaurant flourishes and meets its ambitious goals for years to come or fades away, the solid three-story building will probably always be there.

Fleetwood was unavailable for an interview because he was in rehearsals.

The restaurant is currently open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. weekdays and until midnight Friday and Saturday.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Fleetwood was unavailable for an interview because he was in rehearsals.
My favorite line from this article. I wonder what he was rehearsing for?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well they had a big show, with Steven Tyler, Johnnie(sp) Lang, and Rick Vito. They posted a few pics on FB.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
My favorite line from this article. I wonder what he was rehearsing for?
My first thought was FM, but since he played there with Rick recently, I assumed that probably wasn't it.

Michele
Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The restaurant is topped by an American flag, a Hawaiian flag and special red flag put up when Fleetwood is on the island.

Now that's a British touch....it's like whenever the Queen is at one of her residences, her flag flies over that particular castle.