User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Horizon View Post
Just got back from the cancelled gig after a four and half hour round trip. By pure chance my wife and I stopped at strensham services on the M5 motorway southbound for something to eat and who did we come across just walking out........Mr Mick Fleetwood! A few people were having their photos taken with Mick and I then stepped forward to shake his hand and asked who was ill. Mick said that Christine has lost her voice but that she will be ok in a couple of days and that the gig has been re-scheduled for July 7th. So hopefully the Isle of Wight gig should be unaffected.
That's so cool you got to meet him

I hope Mick is being truthful and it's not her hand bothering her again - I'm concerned as she keeps missing out Songbird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
LOL since the vitriol if Stevie had been the cancellation, this thread would be 15 pages long
Yes can you imagine
Old 06-10-2015, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The band is playing too many shows. They should be saving their energy for the next record. At their age they should be cautious and preserve what they have for posterity. Ugh...
totally agree with you. How many times did they play the Forum in LA, 4 or 5?? Unnecessary but money makes the world (and Fleetwood Mac) go around...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 06-10-2015, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
yeah! how dare a 71 year old woman get sick , all she has to do is get on planes , sleep in strange hotel beds night after night , shake hands with a few strangers , get in and out of cars and limos that are not hers , eat food prepared by strangers in hotels and restaurants and sing nightly after 15 some odd years there's no excuse
What, when I have paid a hefty price for travel to the arena from 6 hours away, plus accommodation and various other things. Am I not allowed to fume at that?

Good god.

Last edited by Ulpian; 06-10-2015 at 07:37 AM..
Old 06-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The band is playing too many shows. They should be saving their energy for the next record. At their age they should be cautious and preserve what they have for posterity. Ugh...
I totally agree with this!
Old 06-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

With our favorite aging rock band going on these ridiculously long tours and charging very expensive ticket prices I think they should consider the following because cancelled shows are inevitable:

Understudies for the band members (trained impersonators)
and/or
hologram performers

I'm only half-joking here (even their back up musicians are old).
Old 06-10-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
With our favorite aging rock band going on these ridiculously long tours and charging very expensive ticket prices I think they should consider the following because cancelled shows are inevitable:

Understudies for the band members (trained impersonators)
and/or
hologram performers

I'm only half-joking here (even their back up musicians are old).
With those ticket prices, they should reimburse other expenses up to a point. Imagine flying to England to see them and have the show cancelled.
Nobody told them to tour for 2 years.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
yeah! how dare a 71 year old woman get sick , all she has to do is get on planes , sleep in strange hotel beds night after night , shake hands with a few strangers , get in and out of cars and limos that are not hers , eat food prepared by strangers in hotels and restaurants and sing nightly after 15 some odd years there's no excuse
well, I don't know...doing as many concerts as they already have, wasn't compulsory, so they (average age 68) knew what they were doing....
Of course bad throats are a singers nightmare, and we all wish Christine a speedy recovery.
But I think its fair to be fuming at the loss of expense that some fans will have incurred.....
Old 06-10-2015, 10:54 AM

Default it's a trend...

Fleetwood Mac, Robert Plant and Elton John Postpone Shows Due to Illness
By Jeff Giles June 10, 2015 10:14 AM

There must be something going around among members of the British rock aristocracy, because three of its most prominent members have recently been forced to postpone tour dates.

Classic Rock Magazine reports that Fleetwood Mac and Robert Plant had to make last-minute adjustments to their itineraries, with Mac’s June 9 stop in Birmingham, England, rescheduled for July 7 and Plant missing tour stops in Toronto (June 7) and Detroit (June 9).

According to the Toronto Star, Plant’s Toronto date will now take place Sept. 15, while the Detroit show is now scheduled for Sept. 10.

Fleetwood Mac’s postponement was only attributed to “illness” being suffered by an unspecified member of the band, but Plant was more specific, telling fans he woke up June 7 having “more of a similarity with a crooning Kermit than my normal Golden self.” Diagnosed with laryngitis and ordered not to sing, he wrote, “I’m really disappointed, as I’ve only missed one gig in 15 years – and now here’s two in a row. It’s heartbreaking. I’m furious, frustrated and silent.”

Elton John can understand Plant’s frustration — he was also recently felled by a throat infection, which forced him to cancel a planned June 3 appearance in Geneva. According to John’s official site, his doctor “enforced a speech and singing ban,” and the date won’t be rescheduled: “Due to issues with the Elton John touring schedule, there is no more available space to fit in a new Geneva band concert in 2015.”

John’s since recovered enough to resume his touring duties — and throw a tantrum or two, as he did on June 7, when he reduced a Gloucester security worker to tears after singling her out for being overly strict with audience members. He later attempted to make amends for the uncouth language he used during his outburst, telling the audience, “Whoever told the stewards to be that strict, that’s their fault and not hers, and I apologize.”

Read More: Fleetwood Mac, Robert Plant and Elton John Postpone Shows Due to Illness | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/postp...ckback=tsmclip
Old 06-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad Plant got sick after Sasquatch.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:07 PM

Why, were you there?
All the three of them have such interesting facial expressions though...
Old 06-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
What, when I have paid a hefty price for travel to the arena from 6 hours away, plus accommodation and various other things. Am I not allowed to fume at that?

Good god.
And really when they show up at Isle of Wight, I know that you can't help but be frustrated. Emergencies are one thing, but it seems like they often make a strategic decision as to which shows it would be easiest to cancel.

Michele
Old 06-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
LOL since the vitriol if Stevie had been the cancellation, this thread would be 15 pages long
If Stevie had missed the show because she was ill there would be no vitriol.

Michele
Old 06-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 06-11-2015, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel the pain and frustration of the fans who had tickets to the canceled show. You invested so much anticipation, time and money into the event.

Since 1981, I've gone to hundreds of concerts. I've experienced only one cancelled show. In the mid 80s I was driving to a venue to see Elton John, listening to the radio. One and half hours into the two hour commute I heard the DJ say the show was just cancelled. I was devastated. I'd be even more traumatized if I had to take the greater lengths and plans some of you made to attend the show. I hope most of you can recover and make it to the rescheduled show.

I've had concern about the demands of this tour, and the toll it's taking on their well-being. I hope Christine recovers quickly. I know they dropped Seven Wonders and Songbird from the set in the latter part of the US tour. Not sure why.

I'm sure Fleetwood Mac feels bad about disappointing their fans with the cancellation. If they were not so lock-step in their shows and set lists, they could have done some rearranging and performed without Christine. But they are a band on autopilot; flying without it is not an option.

Aside from the Elton John show cancellation, two other incidents stand out.
I attended a Jethro Tull show in the 8os and the show ended abruptly after a half hour! They left the stage quickly, without saying anything. The lights came up in the venue. Everyone was in shock, wondering what happened. I still don't know.

In a smaller venue I was at my very first Maria McKee show. She was touring her second album, which I just loved and still think it's one of her best records. She walked on stage and told the audience she was very sick, but would do her best to get through the show. She managed to get through six songs, then had to call it quits. It was heartbreaking. It would have been a fantastic show. It was a once in lifetime chance to hear those album tracks performed because she had a specially formed band (with horns!) to articulate the songs.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I feel the pain and frustration of the fans who had tickets to the canceled show. You invested so much anticipation, time and money into the event.

Since 1981, I've gone to hundreds of concerts. I've experienced only one cancelled show. In the mid 80s I was driving to a venue to see Elton John, listening to the radio. One and half hours into the two hour commute I heard the DJ say the show was just cancelled. I was devastated. I'd be even more traumatized if I had to take the greater lengths and plans some of you made to attend the show. I hope most of you can recover and make it to the rescheduled show.

I've had concern about the demands of this tour, and the toll it's taking on their well-being. I hope Christine recovers quickly. I know they dropped Seven Wonders and Songbird from the set in the latter part of the US tour. Not sure why.

I'm sure Fleetwood Mac feels bad about disappointing their fans with the cancellation. If they were not so lock-step in their shows and set lists, they could have done some rearranging and performed without Christine. But they are a band on autopilot; flying without it is not an option.

Aside from the Elton John show cancellation, two other incidents stand out.
I attended a Jethro Tull show in the 8os and the show ended abruptly after a half hour! They left the stage quickly, without saying anything. The lights came up in the venue. Everyone was in shock, wondering what happened. I still don't know.

In a smaller venue I was at my very first Maria McKee show. She was touring her second album, which I just loved and still think it's one of her best records. She walked on stage and told the audience she was very sick, but would do her best to get through the show. She managed to get through six songs, then had to call it quits. It was heartbreaking. It would have been a fantastic show. It was a once in lifetime chance to hear those album tracks performed because she had a specially formed band (with horns!) to articulate the songs.
I love Maria McKee!! yeah, that must have been horrible to be there and have her start the show and not be able to carry on. I think that might be even worse than a cancellation cause you get a little taste and then it's over! I wish she would tour more. I would love to see her live. Her voice is an amazing, powerful instrument.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...