Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Agree.
Feel About You is pretty mediocre.
Let's not forget this is the person who wrote Honey Hi, Brown Eyes and Oh Daddy. She is capable of masterpieces, so I'm hoping these are just the lazy commercial singles and there are more innovative creative songs on the album.

I'm a tough crowd. But I want Obama level music and all I've heard so far is just Trump.
I really don't care for "Feel About You" at all. I'm glad to hear Chris' voice again, but this song is just too lightweight. I hope the other songs are better.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
I really don't care for "Feel About You" at all. I'm glad to hear Chris' voice again, but this song is just too lightweight. I hope the other songs are better.
The great news is that we finally have more music forthcoming! These musicians are conscious of balance and flow. I'll bet there are less pop-sugar moments on the album that dig a bit deeper than the lead singles do. We have eight more chances!

For what it's worth, I love both the new songs, but I wouldn't be entirely satisfied with them if they were issued alone without the context of a forthcoming album.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Now, everyone sit down, I need to say something.. I found myself wanting Stevie on this. Why, I have no idea. But I did.. there I said it.

I was listening to Behind the Mask this morning and thinking how indeed Stevie makes the difference in every song she takes part of.
And I'm sure it was Chris and Lindsey's wish to have her there with them, because they also know she makes a great contribution to their songs, and they probably said it to her.
But, what can you do if she doesn't want to participate? You do your best effort and hope for the best.

That's why I don't understand some Stevie's fans wanting for this album to fail.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=button-lip;1208524]I was listening to Behind the Mask this morning and thinking how indeed Stevie makes the difference in every song she takes part of.
And I'm sure it was Chris and Lindsey's wish to have her there with them, because they also know she makes a great contribution to their songs, and they probably said it to her.
But, what can you do if she doesn't want to participate? You do your best effort and hope for the best.

I agree with the above statement. I also want to mention all those "outtakes" from the reissues where Stevie's voice was so much more prominent and ended up buried in the mix on the final cut used......Shame!
Old 04-29-2017, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The harmonies in the chorus would be amazing in an FM three part.

Also don't think those Hold Me lyrics are cheesy, they had context in the song, this is just a load of clichés thrown.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
The harmonies in the chorus would be amazing in an FM three part.
I agree. Stevie would have blended in very nicely on both songs, but this one in particular.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:46 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

Ironic how we said the same thing about Chris on Lindsey and Stevie's songs on Say You Will.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say You Will View Post
because they also know she makes a great contribution to their songs, and they probably said it to her.
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, this? Sorry, it would NEVER happen(and I don't believe EITHER one of them thinks this).
Old 04-30-2017, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, this? Sorry, it would NEVER happen(and I don't believe EITHER one of them thinks this).
Hey, I said that! Don't be mean to me!

Well, maybe not a great contribution but a necessary one.

I could have use her voice in "Feel About You". It could have made the song a bit nicer. Just a bit.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-30-2017, 10:55 AM
Ledgie

It's a sweet little song.

Sounds a bit demo-ish or unfinished somehow and the vibe and production (the intro especially) remind me of something like a Caribbean holiday commercial.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Hey, I said that! Don't be mean to me!

Well, maybe not a great contribution but a necessary one.

I could have use her voice in "Feel About You". It could have made the song a bit nicer. Just a bit.
But I wasn't quoting you...

You're one of my favorite posters!

I'm saying I don't think LB or CM thinks she adds anything of value to their songs.

One of my favorite FM moments is in the Tusk doc outtakes disc...they're in the studio, and she's talking to them all, trying to give suggestions on how she wants a song's harmonies to sound. Except they're ignoring her. COMPLETELY IGNORING HER. She finally gives up, and circles her finger around the side of her head, implying that they're all crazy. Yeah, they value her input!
Old 04-30-2017, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I wasn't quoting you...

You're one of my favorite posters!

I'm saying I don't think LB or CM thinks she adds anything of value to their songs.

One of my favorite FM moments is in the Tusk doc outtakes disc...they're in the studio, and she's talking to them all, trying to give suggestions on how she wants a song's harmonies to sound. Except they're ignoring her. COMPLETELY IGNORING HER. She finally gives up, and circles her finger around the side of her head, implying that they're all crazy. Yeah, they value her input!
Maybe she isn't capable of giving any technical advices, which is totally understandable, given the fact that she was never interested in learning anything.
But an extra voice on a song (even hers) is most of the times welcomed, and I have to admit I like how their three voices blend. Even today.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure about the three part harmonies these days.
Stevies voice is very low, so low that don't the backing singers
Contribute an awful lot when they are on tour.

I am not saying Christines or Lindseys voices are any better either.
The harmonies would be very different, Lindsey would have to do a lot of high pitched "whispering"
Old 04-30-2017, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Remember when she's saying that she didn't hear any singing on Sara, because there WAS no singing on Sara. And she said something to Christine about the piano I think and Christine was like, "Oh sorry. Sorry." That was pretty funny.

But one of the reasons they ignored her is that most of her comments were self-centered about her songs and her spotlight and not designed to benefit the set as a whole.

Michele
Old 04-30-2017, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What's strange about FM these days is that even with the back up singers, I rarely hear them create good harmonies on stage. Beautiful Child was the exception. Yes, I know Stevie and Lindsey's voices don't contrast like they used to, but why don't they use the background singers to blend vocals harmonically. They don't. That's what was refreshing when Lindsey teamed with Little Big Town, to hear those harmonies again.

I wish he would tour with Kimberly Schlapmann or, better yet, The Dixie Chicks. He and Emily could both play the banjo -- I know he wouldn't do it, but I would love to see (well hear) that.

Michele