The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now, all of a sudden, I am (back) in a phase of Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks, Rumours being the particular focus this time. I remember when I bought this album, and I mean that I remember the night. Not the particular date, even though it was late December/early January of a certain year in the past three years (2007 I believe (?)).

To understand the album from a lyrical standpoint, here's a little bit of musical history for you: guitarist/vocalist Lindsey Buckingham and vocalist Stevie Nicks had joined the band together. Before joining the band, the duo recorded an album under the name Buckingham Nicks. The album didn't sell very well, but Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood discovered them. Well, actually, he wanted Buckingham and not Nicks. He refused to join the band unless Nicks could come along for the ride. Fleetwood wanted Buckingham so much that he agreed, even though he wasn't too hot on Nicks. Ironically, she ended up becoming the most successful and famous member of the band.

Well, Buckingham and Nicks were also in a relationship with each other. However, things turned bitter, and they broke up. The married couple in the band, bassist John McVie and pianist/vocalist Christine McVie, also break up. It ends up fueling the fire for the majority of the album on a lyrical level.

Now that I've gone and said all that, back to me. Upon purchasing the album, I was practically in love with it. Every track on the album is terrific. However, there was that one track that I always kept going back to: the Nicks-penned "Dreams." It is a beautiful yet heartbreaking account of a relationship gone wrong.

It's absolutely one of the best songs ever written (as far as I'm concerned), and although Nicks had an awesome solo career in the 1980s, having two number one singles on the Mainstream Rock chart (I think she's the only female to have more than one song top that chart?), this is the pinnacle of her career as a vocalist, as a songwriter, and as an icon.

http://julianstark-moviesandotherthi...g-to-some.html
Old 08-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What can I say? This is one of my favorite songs. I was seven years old when it was released. I’m 38 now, so I’ve probably heard it a zillion times, yet it always sounds vibrant. Stevie Nicks is a rock-n-roll goddess. Lindsey Buckingham is the sexiest man ever to step foot in a recording studio. The whole band is perfect. I know…I’m stating the obvious, but I thank all them from the bottom of my heart for giving the world such incredible music.

http://www.diorgirl.com/daniel-carti...coustic-cover/
Old 08-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Did you write this, Georgie?

Style Du Jour: If You Ever Get Lonely, Just Go to the Record Store ...
By Mimi
I often day dream of befriending 'friends' like the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Debbie Harry, Stevie Nicks, Bob Dylan [who I STILL have a crush on, the man was sooo sexy!], Elton John, and Janis Joplin to name a few. ...
http://www.styledujourbymimi.com/201...ust-go-to.html
Old 08-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tuesday, August 03, 2010
This Is What We're Dancing To

My parents' generation has settled on one thing: Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles are their bands. No matter where they are and what is happening, they can enjoy a song from either of those bands. They might sing along to the chorus or dance a little.

My dad could be getting a root canal at the dentist's office, and a Fleetwood Mac song comes on the radio. He'd stop the dentist, "Hold on a minute, doc. Is that 'Second Hand News?' This is a good one!" He starts snapping his fingers to the beat, and the dentist goes back to work.

Why Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles? Despite the histories of sexual tension and drug use in those bands, their music is relatively inoffensive. I can't believe that the PMRC would ever get upset over songs like "Take It Easy" or "Rhiannon." The choruses are singable and memorable. The bands rock just hard enough not to be totally lame but not hard enough to make baby boomers want to turn the volume down. It's a subtle formula that few bands can master. I can't picture my parents singing along or tapping their feet to Led Zeppelin.

I wonder who my generation's go-to bands will be when we're middle aged. I can't think of anyone popular enough but not offensive or controversial who could fit the criteria. Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg? Pearl Jam? Although both had long careers and were very popular, they seem a little too rough for mass generational acceptance. I really can't say who our bands will be. It's probably an unconscious decision that we all make together. But if it's Smash Mouth, Nickleback, or some synthesized pop act like Britney Spears or a boy band, then I'm going to be sitting alone in a room with my Radiohead and White Stripes albums while everyone else is wearing khakis, snapping their fingers, and drinking Corona Light.

http://absolutezerotolerance.blogspo...ancing-to.html
Old 08-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 08-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Video: Woman denied McNuggets loses it

It wasn't time for lunch yet, but a woman in a McDonald's drive-through wouldn't take no for an answer. She even attacked the clerks & broke the window.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26852192...1469&#38641469
Old 08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cute blog re: Stevie and the Gypsy video

http://meshow.blogspot.com/2010/08/spin-livy-spin.html
Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.ionmagazine.ca/2010/08/holy-ghost/

Holy Ghost! | ION MAGAZINE
By ION
That combined with old kits, old mics, compressors, pre-amps kinda help us get as close to a Fleetwood Mac drum sound or whatever we're after. We'll often go to bigger studio just to do the drums because you can't really do that in your ...
Old 08-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't know if posted or not, but "Dreams" can be heard during the rainy car drive scene in the new movie, "Eat, Pray, Love".
Old 08-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ears Wide Open: White Arrows
by kevin on August 16, 2010

Fun facts you should know about L.A. rockers White Arrows: They make synth-addled indie rock that makes me imagine the Strokes, in a happier place, with big breakers. They are Mickey Schiff, JP Caballero (Dios), Steven Vernet, Rob Banks and Damon Kellard — and sometimes Schiff’s teenage brother Henry, when the venues let him in. They cover Fleetwood Mac’s “Save Me a Place.” They’re working on a full-length album but in the meantime they’re giving away a digital EP for free. And it wasn’t until they were young adults that the Schiffs and Caballero found out they were more than family friends — they’re half-brothers, Schiff’s father having been a sperm donor for the Caballeros. Unless Schiff was kidding us about that, in which case it still makes for a great yarn.

http://buzzbands.la/2010/08/16/ears-...-white-arrows/
Old 08-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the dumbfu%k who wrote this thinks Cobie is a man!!

Colbie Caillat Tickets - Colbie Caillat Back On Tour in the States: "Bubbly" singer Colbie Caillat is already in the U.S., playing a series of simultaneous concerts in Belgium, Portugal, Holland and Switzerland. Caillat performed one month after the value of the United States earlier this year, but the beginning of an official tour to promote the new album, on the other hand, a breakthrough in September. Revelation Tour begins House of Blues in Anaheim, California 17 September, and singer-feet on the ground are stops in Seattle (September 23 at Showbox, palladium dallas tx, Södö), Denver (October 3, at Fillmore, palladium dallas tx, Auditorium), Toronto (born October 10 at Riviera Theatre), Columbus, Ohio (October 13 at Newport Music Hall) and other North American cities before wrapping things Dallas is Palladium Ballroom 23 October.

Check your Internet Colbie Caillat tickets to see him live! Colbie Caillat next tour you can join the vulnerability of the tourist, but the singer and composer, is real progress in 2007, when the song 21 years, sent her hit "Bubbly" on his MySpace page, and soon had over 6240 friends on MySpace. Spent his childhood divided into Malibu and Ventura, Caillat music was presented to his father, Ken Caillat studio engineer who helped Fleetwood Mac Rumours and Tusk. Caillat understand that he wants to become a singer after seeing Lauryn Hill, and began to take singing lessons, eventually contribute to their pipes several techno songs used in parades.

Caillat does not recover to 19 acoustic guitar, when he began working with Jason Reeves. The couple worked songs appeared on MySpace, and then Caillat Rolling Stone named him one of the best artists in MySpace, label, palladium dallas tx, bidding war took place, Universal Records, and eventually takes his wing. Caillat's debut album Coco came in July 2007 against the wind and showed Universal native California and his love for pop hooks. "Bubbly", was number two on the Billboard Pop and the next single "Realize", also found himself still charts.

Colbie Caillat Coco, a breakthrough has been achieved in 25 August. The singer previously released an extended version of their debut album in November last year, live cover, palladium dallas tx, Bob Marley's "turn the lights down low" and Lauryn Hill Tell him, "and represents a collection of Olympic Games, Brand New Me" (originally, palladium dallas tx, by Dusty Springfield) and the acoustic version of "Bubbly". Caillat is a breakthrough, palladium dallas tx, in the last Top 40 hit "Fallin 'For You" and songs written by himself Caillat and Rick Nowels, John Shanks, and Jason Reeves DiGuardi Kara, who is also known as fourth American Idol judge.

Busy singer will be the latest issue of Archie Comics Veronica # 196 Name of the song "Fallin 'For You", says a girl named Betty Cooper to win the next Colbie Caillat tickets. Veronica Lodge wants Colbie Caillat live in, but Betty has already promised a series of Archie Andrews. Original from: Colbie Caillat Tickets - Colbie Caillat Back On Tour in the States

http://dlaine35.typepad.com/blog/201...he-states.html
Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Ledgie

Default MacNuggets

I found this kind of interesting, particularly because of the song that was actually highlighted, not exactly one of the "greatest hits" tracks!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/04/b...-torch-review/

Go down to Media player / WiFi syncing

Old 08-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

HA! Wow, one of the last FM tracks I'd ever expect to see outside of the 'harcore' fandom!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 08-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While recording their 1977 masterpiece Rumours, Mick Fleetwood and his Fleetwood Mac bandmates snorted so much cocaine that they demanded that their dealer be given credit on the album. Producers understandably demurred. Sadly, the dealer was the victim of a ganglands execution before the album was released.

http://www.decadentlifestyle.net/201...d-macs-dealer/
Old 08-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
While recording their 1977 masterpiece Rumours, Mick Fleetwood and his Fleetwood Mac bandmates snorted so much cocaine that they demanded that their dealer be given credit on the album. Producers understandably demurred. Sadly, the dealer was the victim of a ganglands execution before the album was released.

http://www.decadentlifestyle.net/201...d-macs-dealer/
viv, who is this flawless man in your pics!?!?