User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2019, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

But last year's separation was a lot more unexpected, and it's that shock that is impossible to come to complete terms with. A post-Dance Fleetwood Mac, no matter how fractious, just doesn't split up. Know what I mean? It was the strangest non sequitur in the band's post-Spencer history.
It is so.

Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don’t tell me.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't know. After 40 years, there's not a lot new to discuss. Maybe offer our insights on the making of Rumours ...
Yeah and there’s a difference between just discussing things about the band and repeating the same old “Mick loves money” “Stevie is an evil goat witch” “Everyone is awful and corrupt” comments in different variations over and over for months on end. Lindsey was fried and it was awful and what they did was unforgiveble but how can someone not get tired of expressing the same negative thoughts all the time for coming on over a year now. Especially with what happened to Lindsey recently, you’d think it would show people there are bad things and then are bad things and help put it all bit more into perspective. But then again you’re entitled to your perspective just as I’m entitled to mine.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Yeah and there’s a difference between just discussing things about the band and repeating the same old “Mick loves money” “Stevie is an evil goat witch” “Everyone is awful and corrupt” comments in different variations over and over for months on end. Lindsey was fried and it was awful and what they did was unforgiveble but how can someone not get tired of expressing the same negative thoughts all the time for coming on over a year now. Especially with what happened to Lindsey recently, you’d think it would show people there are bad things and then are bad things and help put it all bit more into perspective. But then again you’re entitled to your perspective just as I’m entitled to mine.
If you find the repetition futile and oppressive, there are topics on this board where other things are being discussed: new music, exciting events unfolding, fresh views. Why don't you go read those or start your own original topic full of mirth and promise. Sitting here and bemoaning the fact that people are repeating the same thing over and over again, does not reduce the repetition. Skip the topics, the forums or the websites you find tedious.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah and there’s a difference between just discussing things about the band and repeating the same old “Mick loves money” “Stevie is an evil goat witch” “Everyone is awful and corrupt” comments in different variations over and over for months on end. Lindsey was fried and it was awful and what they did was unforgiveble but how can someone not get tired of expressing the same negative thoughts all the time for coming on over a year now. Especially with what happened to Lindsey recently, you’d think it would show people there are bad things and then are bad things and help put it all bit more into perspective.
exactly. what happened to him recently brought it all back into a very sharp perspective. it made it clear how much he was putting on a happy facade last fall and how much what happened a year ago really hurt him, and eventually translated into physical illness.

and now we are getting new trashy interviews from Mick / the band. these interviews are for this week's shows. so you are saying we should just let Mick get away with renewed trashing of him instead of calling on him to stop. #notgonnahappen

you know what's tiresome? people saying for a year now "get over it!" - how are people not tired of saying it - over and over and over and over again, exact same thing? obviously we and the band and Lindsey & his family are not getting over it. people who claim they did, well then - get over it! stop saying it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-11-2019, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My goodness, make the suggestion that at a certain point it’s for the best to stop dwelling in what happened and move on and you’re dogpiled on. Not telling anyone to “just get over it”, nope just saying when it’s clear the situation isn’t gonna change it’s better to just start letting go. Wow.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My goodness, make the suggestion that at a certain point it’s for the best to stop dwelling in what happened and move on and you’re dogpiled on. Not telling anyone to “just get over it”, nope just saying when it’s clear the situation isn’t gonna change it’s better to just start letting go. Wow.
get over it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the letting go advice. Your point has been made.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Thanks for the letting go advice. Your point has been made.
You’re so welcome!
Old 03-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
DON'T TELL PEOPLE HOW TO FEEL.

Get it?????
Old 03-11-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It was the best of times. . . . it was the worst of times.

1976 Sausalito
Tempers were frayed, nerves were on edge, and music was slick and sweet.
Good songs just poured out of the people in Fleetwood Mac, like orange juice out of a jug.

I was actually more bummed about Lindsey's 1987 departure because their musical power hadn't deteriorated very much by that point. I was actually really looking forward to a 1987 tour with a post-Rock a Little Stevie bellowing at Lindsey onstage and him shouting right back.

But last year's separation was a lot more unexpected, and it's that shock that is impossible to come to complete terms with. A post-Dance Fleetwood Mac, no matter how fractious, just doesn't split up. Know what I mean? It was the strangest non sequitur in the band's post-Spencer history. Who could have or would have predicted that the group, at this late, late stage, would kick Lindsey out?
The Tale of Two Stevies
Old 03-11-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
.... AND THE WALLS CAME TUMBLING DOWN.....
Old 03-11-2019, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Every time I want to "let it go", because, trust me, I do want to "let it go", there comes Mick making me furious with some stupid or hurtful comment about Lindsey. And then I want to kill him and the rest of the band, and I get very sad thinking about what Lindsey and his family must be feeling.

And I want the day to end and I want this tour to end and I want Lindsey to get better. So there goes my answer of why I just can't "let this go". I has become very personal for me. Sorry.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You are an attention seeking piece of work arent you? Go put on your Stevie dress.

Home made apple wine for you and fifty bouquets!

Ahahahhaaa that made my night, that comment, thank you.

On the interview.... astounding to me that people even still bother to interview those hasbeens. I couldn't even be bothered to read it, I can add two and two and know it could only have been garbage verbiage.

Old 03-11-2019, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
What a lying SCUMBAG.

“We weren’t happy — [happy] sounds almost like too light of a word to use,” Fleetwood says of Buckingham’s firing. “It just wasn’t a happy situation anymore, really for everyone.”

https://nypost.com/2019/03/07/fleetw...-werent-happy/
i heart you.
just for the title of this thread.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Real witches never die. They kill everything around them but they never die. That’s why she killed four of her children, her best friend and almost killed her favorite enemy.

add Prince to that list too ... since he was one of her most DEAREST friends whom she never hung out with.

she probably killed Bowie too