The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It could also be the fact maybe Stevie doesn't want to commit until the tour is over.....just in case things turn a little sour?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the thought does occur that if Mick indeed reiterated to a fan(s) that Stevie is still a holdout for a new album, that that might be part of HIS strategy for forcing her hand. Not unlike in the not so distant past when he gave interviews saying well, Stevie doesn't want to do a new tour and so maybe FM will never tour again… (dramatic flourish of hand to brow)

He might be doing his Mick thing of airing some of the goings on to try and produce the pressure on her to pony up. Though later he sort of apologized for doing that--- after of course he got the result he wanted.

As has been noted, anything at all is possible with this bunch of drama queens. Chris may be sorry if she thought the soap opera was over…..
Old 10-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I said earlier this year that hopes were going to be dashed on that new record. Could it still happen? Yes. But the longer they get away from it, the less likely it is.
a blurb i just found about what Mick said at that m&g:

"He was asked about the new album and his response was that they do plan on finishing it once they get a gap in between touring... and mentioned a second leg had been added (later announced on The Today Show). So wasn't sure when... but it will happen. Also said they needed to persuade Stevie to take part. Said they had a lot of recorded material to choose from... So there's is not timetable it seems for the album, just that it will happen."

it was posted here, in the comments section at the bottom: http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...l#comment-form

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

They are so dramatic...but I don't think this will happen...I think Stevie will be part of the new album
Old 10-13-2014, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
a blurb i just found about what Mick said at that m&g:

"He was asked about the new album and his response was that they do plan on finishing it once they get a gap in between touring... and mentioned a second leg had been added (later announced on The Today Show). So wasn't sure when... but it will happen. Also said they needed to persuade Stevie to take part. Said they had a lot of recorded material to choose from... So there's is not timetable it seems for the album, just that it will happen."

it was posted here, in the comments section at the bottom: http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...l#comment-form
How many more years will they spend trying "to persuade Stevie" to record?
Old 10-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
How many more years will they spend trying "to persuade Stevie" to record?
When someone dies, they will all be remorseful about not collaborating more. Unfortunately they are getting to a point in their lives where time isn't on their side. It's pathetic at their age that this even goes on. If you don't like being in the band, quit. If that means the days of mega tours are done, then so be it.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder how Stevie would feel if they put out an album of the current material in early/mid 2015 (with no Stevie) and then record a brand new set of songs with Stevie in late 2015? Would that have her 'blessing'?
Old 10-13-2014, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
When someone dies, they will all be remorseful about not collaborating more. Unfortunately they are getting to a point in their lives where time isn't on their side. It's pathetic at their age that this even goes on. If you don't like being in the band, quit. If that means the days of mega tours are done, then so be it.
I totally agree. Christine is 71 and just because she's just come back doesn't mean they'll be around for another 20 years. They'll be active for another 3/4 years tops. They can't be fussy now as it would be great to go out with a bang.

A new Fleetwood Mac record would be fantastic. I think 'Say You Will' is an absolute masterpiece and it's hard to believe its 11 years old but an album with all 5 members would be great and I'm sure it'll come out some time next year. I don't think Stevie would be stupid enough to miss out on this.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this is just so stupid. Really, Stevie? What is exactly is the problem now? I guess there will always be a problem. Oh well. I would love the Mac to put out one last album with the current lineup but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think it will happen, though.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's all really just a moot point right now. They only have a month off between now and April, and they still haven't announced any non-North American dates. It would be a worthwhile discussion if there was any time in the foreseeable future TO record. That being said, I think Stevie will record with the band, and there could be two more albums by the time it's all said and done.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
this is just so stupid. Really, Stevie? What is exactly is the problem now? I guess there will always be a problem. Oh well. I would love the Mac to put out one last album with the current lineup but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think it will happen, though.
She likes the results of 24K gold.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Could it be that she doesn't have any new songs she feels would lend themselves to the Mac treatment, and plans to try to write while on tour? Just asking -- I don't know what her previous songwriting habits have been.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Woah now...do we REALLY know whether this is true or not? Let's not jump to conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This according to Mick at a meet and greet.
Can you cite your source, please? Was this YOU who asked him? How EXACTLY did the question and response turn out?

There's a HUGE set of variables that aren't even being addressed or questioned. Let's not freak out, people.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
Could it be that she doesn't have any new songs she feels would lend themselves to the Mac treatment, and plans to try to write while on tour? Just asking -- I don't know what her previous songwriting habits have been.
I think you just might have a point here, maybe she doesn't have any new stuff worth recording.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They should just go ahead and put out the album at the end of 2015 without Stevie if she isn't committed. I know that some of them would like to tour on new music, but Lindsey has certainly gone without touring to promote an album in the past (Tango, Go Insane, L & O). He can do it again. I would rather have an album and no tour, than no album.

Michele