User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
I'm going to the show. I love this music. All of these people have been abusing each other in one way or another for 40+ years. Now I'm supposed to draw a line in the sand?
Very true, they’ve all been the worst kind of “friends” to each other from day 1. The line in the sand was drawn for me when they lied to the fans. If they were remotely honest about why they “fired” (such an ugly word per Mick-he wouldn’t even admit that) I may not be as disgusted by them. They lied, got caught and are taking money from fans under the pretense LB didn’t want to tour. They don’t even have the guts to stand by the decisions they made. It’s disgusting. So yes, I think Entitled Jerks is the perfect name for them. They actually should think about renaming the tour “An Evening with the Entitled Jerks”

Last edited by Storms123; 02-28-2019 at 05:42 PM..
Old 02-28-2019, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We've been lied to for decades! We've been ripped off as well. How many versions of Rumours do we need? Yet people keep forking it over. Sure the band got paid for touring again without Lindsey, but he made sure he got paid through litigation as well. I'm excited to hear what they have to offer. Maybe they'll work it out and we can see the fab five again. If that were to happen, would the holdouts go back?
Old 02-28-2019, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-28-2019, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-28-2019, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

tweet convo between some peeps who went to the show in Nashville, one being the writer of another one of those half-nonsensical reviews (re-invigorated lol).

Old 02-28-2019, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Christine retired, which is, of course, a huge difference. As you said, they soldiered on.

Firing him was TREASON to the band I've followed my entire life.

I wouldn't have gotten over it anyway, but since he had his heart attack, there's now NO WAY IN HELL I'll ever forgive the other four. Dick and Old Goat Breath are the most guilty, but all four are still guilty.

If something really bad happened to the two most guilty, I would shed not a tear.
That’s what Stevie’s fans that claim that we should “move on” because there were so many changes in this band that one more doesn’t matter (yes, only Stevie’s fans think that), doesn’t seem to understand:

1. Christine left
2. Lindsey was fired, and
3. He was fired over the phone and his former bandmates lied about the reason.

But hey!, as long as Stevie’s there, what does it matter, right?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
tweet convo between some peeps who went to the show in Nashville, one being the writer of another one of those half-nonsensical reviews (re-invigorated lol).

That was my impression too when I watched some Austin videos: it became her solo show. No wonder her fans are so excited and/or couldn’t care less who’s by her side.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-28-2019, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
That’s what Stevie’s fans that claim that we should “move on” because there were so many changes in this band that one more doesn’t matter (yes, only Stevie’s fans think that), doesn’t seem to understand:

1. Christine left
2. Lindsey was fired, and
3. He was fired over the phone and his former bandmates lied about the reason.

But hey!, as long as Stevie’s there, what does it matter, right?
Exactly and the bit about there being many lineups is BS when you know they likely never saw them before SN joined and also when she left. I was a die hard SN fan but when you lie to me on TV and sell a BS story and then continue to whitewash him as he never existed that is not cool with me at all He was the architect of their classic sound that can't easily be replicated . SN may be the draw and Christine may have had more hits but someone spent hours in the studio making the songs just right so that they became the classics we know and love. That someone was Lindsey Buckingham.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 03-02-2019 at 11:29 AM..
Old 02-28-2019, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was my impression too when I watched some Austin videos: it became her solo show. No wonder her fans are so excited and/or couldn’t care less who’s by her side.
She has taken over what remains of Fleetwood Mac .She knew that she could count on their avarice to do this.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Exactly and the bit about there being many lineups is BS when you know they likely never saw them before SN joined and also when she left. I was a die hard SN fan but when you lie to me on TV and sell a BS story and then continue to whitewash him as he never existed that is not cool with me at all He was the architect of their classic sound that . SN may be the draw and Christine may have had more hits but someone spent hours in the studio making the songs just right so that they became the classics we know and love. That someone was Lindsey Buckingham.
Haha, yes, they're all Peter Green's fans now! I mean, all of a sudden they discovered their love for him, because if Stevie loves him, we love him too.

They fired Lindsey, they lied about the reason and one day they woke up, put their heads together and decided that he never existed. No more talk about Lindsey. But next thing they knew he had a heart attack. Because of what they did to him. So, they were forced to talk about him in the most politically possible way. That was an infortunate incident in their perfect plan. Because so far more than half of the audience didn't even know he was gone (or fired), and because of his health scare he was on the news again. In the middle of the tour. So naturally some reporters are not happy and are not giving all those copy and paste reviews we were already used to. And some fans are also saying concert are flat.

Of course her fans couldn't care less about all this, because Stevie doesn't care at all. They (she and her fans) can't wait for the RRHOF because that's all that matters. The glitter.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
We've been lied to for decades! We've been ripped off as well. How many versions of Rumours do we need? Yet people keep forking it over. Sure the band got paid for touring again without Lindsey, but he made sure he got paid through litigation as well. I'm excited to hear what they have to offer. Maybe they'll work it out and we can see the fab five again. If that were to happen, would the holdouts go back?
We’ve never been lied to like this. It’s disgusting and I won’t support it. But that’s my opinion and Belief. And we are all entitled to our own.
I am thrilled for those who are excited for this incarnation and I really hope you have a good time. As a fan, you absolutely deserve that
Old 02-28-2019, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My GOOD friend(who's a huge Chiffonhead) saw them last night, and told me today(hopefully, half joking) that "$tevie can sing Rhiannon with whomever $he likes".

I said, "Yeah, her solo band!"

The people who truly worship Old Goat Breath's arsehole couldn't care LESS who's up there, as long as that old goat is bleating.

I was in a honky tonk in Nashville last night, LITERALLY 100 feet from the arena in which they were playing. Several $tevie wannabee's(chiffon dresses and all) came into the bar after the show, twirling around like IDIOTS(looking like idiots, as well), and kept asking the band for FM songs. The band didn't know any! They left in short order.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was cleaning the basement last week and found an old moving box filled with 70's and 80's fanzines and Rolling Stones and Cream etc magazines, and concert photos and piano-songbooks and memorabilia. Ebay was really just a Fleeting thought. Trashed it all into the recycling bin instead.

Sick bunch.