User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Sounds about right.
With the right buzz, Mystified and Honey Hi sound incredible. Gotta have the right sound system, too.
Old 03-23-2022, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Heard Believe Me on Deep Tracks Siriusxm this morning. It started immediately after I hit the channel almost like I put on a CD. What a way to start a morning with something from Mystery To Me.

After Believe Me came Roger Daltrey's "After The Fire." OMG, I have not heard that song since the 80s' Always loved it and this time was no different.

Thank goodness for satellite radio to remember these great songs. Regular radio is such crap.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Heard Believe Me on Deep Tracks Siriusxm this morning. It started immediately after I hit the channel almost like I put on a CD. What a way to start a morning with something from Mystery To Me.

After Believe Me came Roger Daltrey's "After The Fire." OMG, I have not heard that song since the 80s' Always loved it and this time was no different.

Thank goodness for satellite radio to remember these great songs. Regular radio is such crap.
Deep Tracks can be amazing or scary.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Deep Tracks can be amazing or scary.
I've heard "In The Skies" and a Christine Perfect song on that channel, which is exactly what I'd hoped it would be. OTOH, on my way back from a Fleetwood Mac show, they played "Stand On The Rock." Yeah, I guess it's a deep track, but why? "Intuition" would be something that would blow my mind, but "Stand On The Rock" just felt...pointless. There's a big difference between deep cuts worth playing and album filler.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-24-2022, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I've heard "In The Skies" and a Christine Perfect song on that channel, which is exactly what I'd hoped it would be. OTOH, on my way back from a Fleetwood Mac show, they played "Stand On The Rock." Yeah, I guess it's a deep track, but why? "Intuition" would be something that would blow my mind, but "Stand On The Rock" just felt...pointless. There's a big difference between deep cuts worth playing and album filler.
One person's deep track is another person's album filler and vice versa. IMHO a deep track is just that......something that was never a single and a rare song from an album. I think Stand on the rock would fit with that definition IMHO.

Oh Daddy is the ultimate deep track yet we have someone on this board that calls it filler
Old 03-24-2022, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yesterday, heard “Big Love” (Tango version) at a local burger joint in Rochester.

Btw: I ordered three ground rounds with everything on them. I was eating my feelings.
Old 03-24-2022, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

Oh Daddy is the ultimate deep track yet we have someone on this board that calls it filler
I've never called it filler. I call it Snoozeville, because it is. It just doesn't blow my skirt up, and that's my right.

NEXT!
Old 03-26-2022, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard Everywhere in the gym this morning and then on the ride home Yacht Rock played Big Love.
Old 03-27-2022, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard Love In Store on Yacht Rock this morning. Then on the Bridge heard I Dont Want To Know. About an hour later heard Gypsy on The Bridge.
Old 03-30-2022, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

YMLF came on in a bar tonight. The playlist had been all over the place with 80s and 70s pop. The moment YMLF started, the entire bar got quiet and over the loud speaker system you could hear each instrument distinctly. A sublime moment.
Old 03-30-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
YMLF came on in a bar tonight. The playlist had been all over the place with 80s and 70s pop. The moment YMLF started, the entire bar got quiet and over the loud speaker system you could hear each instrument distinctly. A sublime moment.
I love when that happens
Old 04-03-2022, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As Long As You Follow playing out of the outside speakers at the McDonald's drive thru.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
As Long As You Follow playing out of the outside speakers at the McDonald's drive thru.
That's definitely UNEXPECTED, on many levels.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

I had the urge to play "These Strange Times" on a loop last night. Does that count as unexpected
Old 04-05-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders8323 View Post
I had the urge to play "These Strange Times" on a loop last night. Does that count as unexpected
It means that God is n o w h e r e.