The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-09-2005, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
Just giving you a hard time... You said you have never smoked, but you agreed with Joe's advice on when and how much to smoke. It just struck me as funny.

Don't mind me, I've had a few myself tonight... not joints, DRINKS....
Oh! yes, please review for quotation marks.
Hope you had a good time!
I can't drink for at least two weeks. well, i can, but i'm not supposed to...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-09-2005, 03:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just saying.... if it was legal, instead of going to the bar to drink, you would go to the bar to smoke. Picture it : "What can I get for you, ma'am?" "Oh, gee, I think I'll take some of your finest two 'toke..."
Old 01-09-2005, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
I'm just saying.... if it was legal, instead of going to the bar to drink, you would go to the bar to smoke. Picture it : "What can I get for you, ma'am?" "Oh, gee, I think I'll take some of your finest two 'toke..."
yeah, like in Amsterdam...
that would be funny, though..

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-09-2005, 03:18 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
the thing i don't like much, is if you're in a bar, and everyone has already smoked, and probably constantly?
i guess we just weren't invited to their private "party" now were we??????

Quote:
I swear, i was in a bar in Humbolt, and the whole bar, everyone in it, was sooooo boring, and so boringly clad. They all had fuzzy sweaters and big pants and boots. scarves. and no one was talking loudly or to anyone besides who they came with. I thought i was gonna snooze to death. quite different from Chico bars. how could culture clash happen 3 hour drive apart?
yeah, that would bite the big one for sure. you should've offered to buy them a drink!! i hate those pot snobs!
Old 01-09-2005, 03:21 AM
joe

Quote:
yeah, like in Amsterdam...
that would be funny, though..

exactly...was just about to post the same thing.

a friend of mine went there last year and got me a "menu" which i have on my fridge
Old 01-09-2005, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
i guess we just weren't invited to their private "party" now were we??????

yeah, that would bite the big one for sure. you should've offered to buy them a drink!! i hate those pot snobs!

it wasn't that, they were just really quiet and dull from smoking too much. They were drinking beers, but it seemed to have no discernable drunkening effect...

Old 01-09-2005, 03:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
exactly...was just about to post the same thing.

a friend of mine went there last year and got me a "menu" which i have on my fridge
sweeeeet. Nice item to bring back from Vacay!

Old 01-09-2005, 03:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have tried nearly everything (except needles -I still tear up when the doctor wants to give me a shot!). Some are more fun than others, BUT, my favorite drug is legal. I'll take a rum and coke, or a glass of wine, over all of it. Seriously. I never lose control when drinking. If I'm high, or tripping, or ?, I'm not in control, and I don't care for that feeling. I never got into trouble for any of it either. Those friends just kind of drifted away, and I was done with it. It was always more social for me, than for the high (okay 60/40!).
BTW, I've not done any of those other things for QUITE some time. Saying no used to be harder than it is now.
NO!(see?)
Now where's that Merlot.......

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 01-09-2005 at 04:02 AM..
Old 01-09-2005, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
i hate those pot snobs!
LMAO!
Old 01-09-2005, 03:33 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I have tried nearly everything (except needles -I still tear up when the doctor wants to give me a shot!). Some are more fun than others, BUT, my favorite drug is legal. I'll take a rum and coke, or a glass of wine, over all of it. Seriously. I never lose control when drinking. If I'm high, or tripping, or ?, I'm not in control, and I don't care for that feeling. I never got into trouble for any of it either. Those friends just kind of drifted away, and I was done with it. It was always more social for me, than for the high (okay 60/40!).
BTW, I've not done any of those other things for QUITE some time. Saying no used to be harder than it is now.
NO!(see?)
Now where's that Merlot.......
it's next to my beer! which needs to be replaced by the way! bartender!?

great....ledgies gettin drunk! whatever....live and let live.......and let type too!

Old 01-09-2005, 03:35 AM
joe
This message has been deleted by joe.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:40 AM
joe

Quote:

it wasn't that, they were just really quiet and dull from smoking too much. They were drinking beers, but it seemed to have no discernable drunkening effect...
that's odd....they were way past the point of being interesting!

i think maybe they were pod people.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

I never tried it. Never wanted to try it. Saw how messed up it made my little brother's life. He is 46 now and still acts like he is 16. Sad
Old 01-09-2005, 04:09 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:50 AM
Ledgie

Default 420

I used to smoke it daily. I haven't done it in about a month though. Not saying I wouldn't if it wasn't in front of me though.
--Amy
Old 01-09-2005, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I dare say in a hundred years marijuana will be lagalised, I think the social and medical and economic benefits are being realised, one of my main points is that I don't think it will cause more addiction, those that can be addicted it will happen to anyway, plus because it's legal more money can be gained through tax and put to rehab for those addicts, also it destroys the black market, and I am sure there are even some people here that are aware of the medical benefits of it.

I personally have never tried it, never had a chance, not saying I wouldn't if presented with an opportunity though.

Tynan
Old 01-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

in hopes to not break the board rules, and not endorse drug usage, i'll be brief.
if i may be frank, as a grown up, and with the exception of heroin, which i know is highly dangerous, i've tried about everything, from beer to the "gold dust". never in my life i've been a drug addict of any sort, but i'm an experimentalist in my nature, and i'm not a control freak, i also love letting myself loose, so for me almost every buzz is welcomed one.
from everything i tried, i find weed to be the safest, healthiest, and the most inspiring one which can be consumed on regular basis.
gladly, marijuana is practicly legal here, and there's a "no persecution" status quo on personal usage, so i usually don't hesitate much even before i light a joint in the middle of the street.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!