Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
According to all the local newsrooms, and sources with the local P.D., it's him. DNA matches perfectly. Supposedly, they caught him due to footage surveillance from a Home Depot- a botched dead drop or something. The guy works for the city of Park City, has a history in law enforcement, is highly involved with his local Lutheran church, is married, and has two grown up kids. Pictures of him all over the Internet.
Fascinating. How awful for his family. Hopefully this will help bring about some type of closure for the survivors of his victims.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
How odd, they don't bother me at all. You guys seem to have a fair few over there. I don't know anything about this case seeing as it's not newsworthy here. What's this guy's 'thing'? Don't they all claim something unique, some method? I've gathered that this person is a 'serial killer' but that's it. Actually maybe I don't want to know.
The beginning of this thread said his "thing" was BTK - Bind, torture, kill. I hadn't heard about this case before, either, after all, it was waaaaay over in another state. Yes, we do seem to have a lot of Serial Killers.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
The beginning of this thread said his "thing" was BTK - Bind, torture, kill. I hadn't heard about this case before, either, after all, it was waaaaay over in another state. Yes, we do seem to have a lot of Serial Killers.
BTK always should've been a bigger story than it is across the country. He was one of the few active high profile serial killers still active, with suspicion that he has killed again at least once in the last year, and he's similar to Zodiac in that he saved mementoes from his crimes, and used them to toy with the police and the public, especially in his correspondence with the local print and tv media.

I've always thought he was kinda boring, but still big news, you know?
Old 02-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation True...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
BTK always should've been a bigger story than it is across the country. He was one of the few active high profile serial killers still active, with suspicion that he has killed again at least once in the last year, and he's similar to Zodiac in that he saved mementoes from his crimes, and used them to toy with the police and the public, especially in his correspondence with the local print and tv media.

I've always thought he was kinda boring, but still big news, you know?
but in Oklahoma we have several unsolved murders (There's other identical murders along I-40 from Arkansas goin' into New Mexico and along I-35 from Texas to Kansas) that all involve prostitutes and a letter has been left behind with each of the murders mocking "those who violate the Lord's way will pay".

What's eerie is that 2 of the bodies were discovered no far from where we live (One at a roadside reststop on West I-40 and another at a Albertson's store parking lot in Yukon off of I-40.)

Last count this serial killer has killed way more than BTK, And there's not a single clue to the crimes except for the letters left behind at the scene.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Lux
Old 02-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Oh ok, I thought he was just bragging but that is his preferred method of killing. Isn't the second one inclusive of the first? Perhaps he should have thought this over more.

I would say, no, the second is not inclusive of the first, as we all know, you can be bound without being tortured. Perhaps he should have thought it over more, it's not terribly clever or new.
But jokes aside, serial killers really freak me out. Brian J - about the one in your area - *shudder*. I hate the "kill prostitutes in the lords name" serial killers. But there has been many who do. It really makes me sick. You know, if they would just legalize prostitution, we could collect BANK in tax money from them! Anyways -
Amber "very liberal" G.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Lux
Old 02-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Yeah, if you're playing some kinky game but against your will, that is torture in itself. I suggest he rethink his name.
Well, for him, yes, obviously it will be against someone's will. But in general...I assume few will be bound against their will. In fact most will be bound for their will.

Old 02-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Lux
Old 02-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I guess I figured that in the case of a killer, the initial binding wasn't done in some kinky fashion, rather a torturous one.
Exactly. I guess I was taking your statement "the second implying the first" to apply universally, I guess you were just talking about a killer, in which case you would be 100% correct. Ah, semantics debates...is there anything more pleasurable? On another note, my friend left me a bottle of wine on my porch this morning. Very sweet, but...
Also, I am right now cracked out on this video game I got recently. I have things to do, but it's all cloudy, here, makes you want to stay inside...the good part is, eventually I will get hungry and have to venture out...

Old 02-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Lux
Old 02-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Yes, these discussions are pleasurable and clearly go a long way to dealing with the realities of the situation. I know I've done my bit to help this case.

Hmmm, I'm recovering from this morning's traumatic event and now my cat says (screams) "mao" at you. Oh and I'm about to go and buy a pair of 70s platforms that I saw in an antique/retro store. I haven't bought shoes since.....woah, I think 2001.

Anyhoo, torture is a terrible thing.

I like how you usually make my day funnier.
Why is your cat screaming "mao" at me, when you're the one with the money for food? Or is your cat simply a hard core chinese communist? "Mao!" "Mao!"
Those shoes sound like ones i'd want for sure. good show. What was this morning's traumatic event? (she says drunkly).

Old 02-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Lux
Old 02-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
My cat screams at anything that moves, he simply prefers it if it's moving toward the kitchen. Isn't 'cat' in Chinese 'mao'? And if so, Chairman Cat?

Today's traumatic event was indeed just that, traumatic, and involved a parental unit of the male gender. Far too much was seen and now I'm still trying to recover.

Yoipes!!! I'm very sorry, no one should see too much of their parental's unit.
I have one cat like that, too, the siamese of course, he never stops yowling, yowling, yowling. He comes into the house..."yowl" he walks around, "yowl" he wants food, "yowl" you wake him up, "yowl" ....he makes me want to scream, he's a talker for sure. Why can't the cats who yowl alot have a deep, throaty cat voice? Why do they have to sound like Fran Drescher?
Innyways...i think the next cat I get will have to be named Chairman Cat... Although on some show, there was already a cat named "chairman miaow".
And in keeping with the thread, my one (perfect) cat is a serial killer of mice and bugs. He really doesn't have a cool name or a "signature" except that he usually brings his kills to his "master" (me) to enrich the "pack" food supply, i imagine.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, they caught the guy and he confessed!