The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do you own all 17 studio albums?
Yes! "Dog and Dustbin", "Mystery to Me", "Tusk", "Time" and the other 13! It's all the Mac.. 30 30.93%
No, I have albums from more than one era, but I'm not a completist. 49 50.52%
No, if it's not got Stevie and Lindsey on it, I'm not really interested. No offence intended! 14 14.43%
No, you mean to tell me Fleetwood Mac carried on after Bob Welch left? What happened? 0 0%
No, and until Peter Green comes back after his 44 year holiday, I won't buy another one. 0 0%
No, I only own "Time". 4 4.12%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Poll: do you own all 17 studio albums?

Just a quick poll, as I'm interested.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Most of the albums I own are digital only. I have everything with Stevie and Lindsey on it, plus a couple of the albums from before Lindsey and Stevie on vinyl that came in a huge lot of vinyl I bought last summer. I haven't listened to them yet though.

*edit* I have Rumours (multiple), Tusk, Mirage, and Live 80 on vinyl.

Last edited by redtulip; 01-25-2014 at 12:31 PM..
Old 01-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have everything since White Album except the live album from '80 and Extended Play.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have it all including all solo recordings.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I own everything but the Peter Green albums.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

none of the above, exactly.

i have white, rumours (3-disc set from the last year, plus amazon download came with an extra disc of outtakes), tusk (2 discs), say you will (deluxe edition) and extended play.

all of these are either CDs, downloads, or both. no FM vinyl.

oh i also have greatest hits and the very best of. and Live in Boston CD/DVD. and Destiny Rules doc.

(plus everything LB solo ever put out, whether CD, download, soundtrack, DVD or blu-ray)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-25-2014, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
none of the above, exactly.

i have white, rumours (3-disc set from the last year, plus amazon download came with an extra disc of outtakes), tusk (2 discs), say you will (deluxe edition) and extended play.

all of these are either CDs, downloads, or both. no FM vinyl.

oh i also have greatest hits and the very best of. and Live in Boston CD/DVD. and Destiny Rules doc.

(plus everything LB solo ever put out, whether CD, download, soundtrack, DVD or blu-ray)
I was only thinking about studio albums on this thread, but if you've got LiB then *surely* you have the 1980 Live or The Dance? Either of those show LiB up as pretty mediocre IMHO.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I was only thinking about studio albums on this thread, but if you've got LiB then *surely* you have the 1980 Live or The Dance? Either of those show LiB up as pretty mediocre IMHO.
ha, yeah i actually have the dance, forgot about it.

re which one is better, it's interesting i was considering whether to buy the dance or LiB CD/DVD when i first started getting into LB/the mac. the opinions were very divided, if you read amazon reviews, for example. some people thought the dance was much better others thought LiB was. i don't remember which one i bought first based on those opinions.

as far as LiB CD i only listen to the Eyes (love it on LiB! probably my favorite song there). as far as also watching while listening, used to watch LiB a lot. love it! (plus the LB eye candy factor is off the charts on LiB!! )

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ha, yeah i actually have the dance, forgot about it.

re which one is better, it's interesting i was considering whether to buy the dance or LiB CD/DVD when i first started getting into LB/the mac. the opinions were very divided, if you read amazon reviews, for example. some people thought the dance was much better others thought LiB was. i don't remember which one i bought first based on those opinions.

as far as LiB CD i only listen to the Eyes (love it on LiB! probably my favorite song there). as far as also watching while listening, used to watch LiB a lot. love it! (plus the LB eye candy factor is off the charts on LiB!! )
I like EOTW from that CD, as well as Stand Back. Unfortunately the other stuff on the CD is what they did on The Dance, but it sounds worse.

The Dance on the other hand, whilst polished a lot post-recording, is magical. Ok it has a couple of clunkers, but it knocks socks off the rivals.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like EOTW from that CD, as well as Stand Back. Unfortunately the other stuff on the CD is what they did on The Dance, but it sounds worse.

The Dance on the other hand, whilst polished a lot post-recording, is magical. Ok it has a couple of clunkers, but it knocks socks off the rivals.
yeah if you are comparing CDs, i think it's kinda ridiculous and waste what they put on LiB CD. i'm thinking more of all the music that's on DVD, for both. majority of more interesting songs/performances on LiB in my opinion are the ones that are not on the CD. plus there's the monkey dance before SB.

re the dance, do i remember correctly that you are primarily a CM fan? if i was in your shoes, i would probably be biased towards the dance too. but also as you said, a lot of the dance criticisms were that it was so much worked on after it was recorded that it should almost not be called "live". blame for that i would think mostly falls on LB's shoulders. i'm glad he doesn't tinker with stuff anymore like that, if judging by all the solo live stuff he put out recently.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah if you are comparing CDs, i think it's kinda ridiculous and waste what they put on LiB CD. i'm thinking more of all the music that's on DVD, for both. majority of more interesting songs/performances on LiB in my opinion are the ones that are not on the CD. plus there's the monkey dance before SB.

re the dance, do i remember correctly that you are primarily a CM fan? if i was in your shoes, i would probably be biased towards the dance too. but also as you said, a lot of the dance criticisms were that it was so much worked on after it was recorded that it should almost not be called "live". blame for that i would think mostly falls on LB's shoulders. i'm glad he doesn't tinker with stuff anymore like that, if judging by all the solo live stuff he put out recently.
Ah I thought we were just talking about the CDs!

Obviously as a Christine fan I love The Dance, but I like the others too, and can appreciate some of the stuff on LiB. I just feel that, in particular, Stevie's voice was doing weird things at that time (very nasal) and that Lindsey did some stuff better on The Dance. I think, for example, that ISA on The Dance is much better than on LiB. Still, each to their own.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I said I had them all. I did at one point, but I no longer have Behind the Mask, which I really do not like.

I have kept three songs from Mask on my Ipod, however.

I like Time, btw
Old 01-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah I thought we were just talking about the CDs!

Obviously as a Christine fan I love The Dance, but I like the others too, and can appreciate some of the stuff on LiB. I just feel that, in particular, Stevie's voice was doing weird things at that time (very nasal) and that Lindsey did some stuff better on The Dance. I think, for example, that ISA on The Dance is much better than on LiB. Still, each to their own.
yeah re ISA - although i like many different versions of ISA (and i love that recent OMS version that seems to be garnering so much hate! it just hits me the right way, somehow), if i had to choose i would definitely say i prefer earlier, faster versions better than more recent slower ones...

Old 01-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I said I had them all. I did at one point, but I no longer have Behind the Mask, which I really do not like.
I'm kind of with you regarding BTM. There's too much of it that I simply find unlistenable, although the title track is Christine's best since Brown Eyes, IMO. Other albums might have one completely dreadful track (When You Say, Roadrunner, Family Man spring to mind) but on BTM there are too many clunkers.

I'm not including my late wife's masterpiece on Bare Trees, though. A little English whimsy does no harm every so often.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 01-25-2014 at 01:26 PM..
Old 01-25-2014, 01:56 PM

I have everything. Solo, Early Years, Middle Years, Late Years. Lots of Bootlegs too.