Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Sleeping Around the Corner vs. In My World
Sleeping Around the Corner 4 33.33%
In My World 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sleeping Around the Corner vs. In My World

The Mojo review cites "In My World" as the best song on Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie. I wonder how credible this is. I honestly think many music critics listen to an album once or twice before writing their reviews. It's quite possible that "In My World" was the songs the critic knew most.

We have not heard the B/M version of "Sleeping Around the Corner." We don't know if it's a new recording. We don't know if John and Mick play on it. We don't know if Christine plays or sings on it.

However, since we know the SWS bonus track, I thought it would be interesting to compare people's preferences.

"Sleeping" is one of my very favorite SWS-session tracks and I feel the album would have greatly benefited from its inclusion (along with the "SWS" electric track, which is sublime) -- so excited it's getting the B/M treatment and B/M exposure. "Sleeping" is Lindsey in pastiche, effervescent, longing mode. And I love it. (Also, whisper vocals? check.)

That said, "In My World" sounds so beautiful -- with Mick and John filling Lindsey's tinker-toy, skeletal solo sound. John and Mick are so groovy, and Lindsey's signature chorus gestalts, achieve a kind of slipstream effect--a groovy emotional undertow.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

sleeping around the corner, no comparison. love the song and still remember with fondness that morning when it popped up on itunes as a bonus track. i hope that song is more like the rest of BuckVie album is, than IMW.

that said, i disagree with you that SATC fits on SWS album. it doesn't, at all. SWS is pretty perfect as is.

same as you i do LOVE Seed We Sow electric - it's one of those typical vintage Lindsey pop songs to me, complete with that fast melodic guitar outro. i'd love to have more of those on this album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2017, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
However, since we know the SWS bonus track, I thought it would be interesting to compare people's preferences.
so far no votes but mine. wonder how many peeps actually know this track? most LB fans on this board seem to be from UK/EU, and LB didn't make it available on itunes there, just in the US.

US-based peeps on this board seem to be more Nicks and Christine geared fans and i know several have asked me once SATC was mentioned what is that and where can they hear it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2017, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Sleeping Around The Corner. I have the "electric" version on my iPod and the song packs a punch. It's bouncy, upbeat and catchy. When I have stuff to do around the house I put this on and start movin!
Old 04-23-2017, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eh, I love SATC, but I'm not going to vote.

Michele
Old 04-23-2017, 08:57 PM

I've only heard 40 sec of SATC.. but I love IMW..
Old 04-24-2017, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love both but SATC has been one of my favourites from the SWS sessions since I heard it, even against stiff competition from the rest of the album.

I agree with elle that it doesn't fit on the album. A fantastic song but doesn't work sonically or with the mood of the rest of the album.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I agree with elle that it doesn't fit on the album. A fantastic song but doesn't work sonically or with the mood of the rest of the album.
I would replace SWS acoustic with SWS electric and replace One Take with SATC and take off the paired-down She Smiled Sweetly. That ten-piece would cohere sonically and moodly.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

P.S. - I bit the bullet and voted for "Sleeping Around the Corner"; I think IMW sounds better and Mick and John are everything, but SATC is the direction I prefer the album to take.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:16 AM
Ledgie

I honestly kind of prefer "In My World". It's got a very haunting quality to it. "Sleeping Around The Corner" is fun, but I don't really think about it that often. It probably doesn't help I don't have an Itunes account, so I've only heard the first minute of the song. I really wish it was included on the vinyl version of "Seeds We Sow".
Old 04-24-2017, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Sleeping Around the Corner well enough, but I've really enjoyed In My World a lot.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Ledgie

I wonder if Christine will be on this at all. It was one of the first songs I downloaded off of I tunes.
(My daughter gave me her old Ipod. Dragging me forward into the wonderful world of technology)

I liked the song right away but am hoping that Christine is added to it for the album.

But right now I will stick with IMW..