The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I absolutely love travelling, so one of my favorite things ever is visiting somewhere I've never been before. I'm going to Miami on June 2nd and I'm super excited
Old 05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Read my review of the Lindsey Buckingham Appreciation Society in the LB thread and let me know what you think.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Ahaha just watching The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror XII and it's the bit where they're wizards. Mr Burns just said "That Lisa Simpson... she's got more wicked witchery than Stevie Nicks!" ohoho
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Speaking of Simpsons and the Mac, I recall Homer taking out his list of things he wanted to do before he died (after he bowled a 300 game) and one of them was "See Stevie Nicks naked" which he apparently did 3 times.
I like the one where Bart is in the limo going to the ritzy area of town, and after they pass through the gates, he's staring out the window, naming off the stuff he sees: "McMansion, McMansion, McMansion, McDonald's, McDreamy, McSteamy, Fleetwood Mac, Macauley Culkin..."

When he says "Fleetwood Mac," you see Mick & Stevie in the front yard, doing the Rumours pose.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 05-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Back in the days of yore, I once read a Simpsons comic in which Professor Frink accidentally created an alternate timeline with a time machine. He wasn't entirely sure of what he'd done, until he saw an advertisement in a store window:
"Fleetwood Mac is back!"
Of course, in those days of yore, I was too young and naive to know what Fleetwood Mac was... If only I knew then what fandom would overcome me in later years...
Funny, the things you remember from childhood...
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 05-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Funny, the things you remember from childhood...
You remember your childhood in fiery sequences. The sun goes down, filling the air with colors and the winds, lift you up to God.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got back from my surgery about an hour ago...here's how it went:

First up: 4 shots of numbing whatever in my gums (taste is TERRIBLE)
Second: I lose feeling in the whole left side of my face (from my bottom lip to right under my eye)
Third: my mother leaves the room so that my mouth can be mutilated in peace..
Fourth: the doc and two assistants force me to keep my mouth open for about 30 mins while I listen and feel him scrape by friggin gums or whatever and drill and laser some stuff (I saw smoke!!). Then he takes his cell phone and takes pictures of my exposed tooth (that is kinda huge according to my mother...he showed her the pics). 10 mins later, I'm sitting in the lobby with my mother (I don't really remember getting out of the chair and walking).
Fifth: my mother and I go to cvs to pick of my prescription of vicodin, ibuprofen, and anti-biotics....I feel like crap.
And now I shall spend the rest of my day watching Dr.Who and being in pain (the vicodin helps ) =\
Old 05-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Registered

So I am staying with my foster parents for a few more weeks til my new house is ready. When I got down here, my foster dad's sister was living here, too, with her dog, Chloe. Chloe is the best dog ever, and the sister is basically useless, and also not nice to the dog. Yells at her all the time, makes her stay in the bedroom for no reason.

Sister meets some random skeezoid on the Internet about 2 months ago, and just leaves. For days at a time, at first, then weeks. Like, in the past 2 months, she's been home maybe 5 times, for 5 to 10 minutes each time, if that.

Which, hey - good, GTFO & stop stealing my cigarettes and annoying me.

But she left Chloe with us. Which is also fine, because we love Chloe. And there was a major change in Chloe's demeanor after the sister left. She's always been a good dog, but she's visibly much, much happier now - runs around and plays and acts goofy and is generally in a much better mental state.

Eventually the sister is saying, "Well, I don't know if I am moving out or not, but I can't take her with me if I do, because he doesn't like dogs," etc. Then she suggests maybe when I move out, I should take Chloe with me.

ABSOLUTELY. Chloe is wonderful with my kids, and a good watch dog, and just all around sweet. You don't find a dog like this just every day, you know? So I am more than happy to take her with me.

Thing is, for these two months the sister has been gone, she has not once bought dog food. Or even thanked us for taking care of her dog. Nothing.

And then all of a sudden, she shows up yesterday and says she's taking the puppy.

I was heartbroken, guys. I might have even cried a little (okay, a lot).

I mean, yes, she's technically not my dog, but I've been taking care of her for like 2 months now, and my daughter literally uses her as a pillow every night. She put her real pillow in the closet, because Chloe works better, she says.

So the sister takes the dog away, and we are all so sad panda, you have no idea.

BUT

This morning, my foster dad gets a text.

Apparently, she tried to take Chloe outside, but since the skeezoid has no fenced yard, she had to put Chloe on a leash.

And what did doggie do? She BOLTED as soon as her feets hit the pavement, and yanked the sister flat on her face. Busted out two of the sister's false teeth, scraped her face all up.

Annnnnnd now my dog's coming back home tomorrow.

Like, I am sorry (okay, not really) the sister got hurt, but clearly Chloe was not in the mood to be there. Sister always used to say Chloe could never go on a walk because she pulls on the leash too hard and tries to run away, but I've never had that problem. In fact, I can let the dog out without a leash on, and she will not run away, she just chills.

Hell, one of the kids accidentally left the back gate open once without realizing it, and I let the dogs into the backyard. A little while later, I walked past the front door to see Miss Chloe just sitting there, peering through the screen with her tongue hanging out, like, "Can I come back in?"

So I'm just sayin' that it sounds to ME like the dog knows where she wants to be.

Yay, doggie!

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 05-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
I like the one where Bart is in the limo going to the ritzy area of town, and after they pass through the gates, he's staring out the window, naming off the stuff he sees: "McMansion, McMansion, McMansion, McDonald's, McDreamy, McSteamy, Fleetwood Mac, Macauley Culkin..."

When he says "Fleetwood Mac," you see Mick & Stevie in the front yard, doing the Rumours pose.
It didn't look like this in the front yard, but it's all I could find

Old 05-17-2010, 03:02 PM
holidayroad
This message has been deleted by holidayroad.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post

i love that and this:

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
i love that and this:

I hadn't seen that before! Love it! I love mixing my two faves, Fleetwood Mac and The Simpsons!!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I hadn't seen that before! Love it! I love mixing my two faves, Fleetwood Mac and The Simpsons!!!!
I love both of those too much! Mind if I make the Simpsons Mirage my new avatar pic?

Also, has anyone ever had the Simpsons do the cover of the White Album?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 05-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
So I am staying with my foster parents for a few more weeks til my new house is ready. When I got down here, my foster dad's sister was living here, too, with her dog, Chloe. Chloe is the best dog ever, and the sister is basically useless, and also not nice to the dog. Yells at her all the time, makes her stay in the bedroom for no reason.

Sister meets some random skeezoid on the Internet about 2 months ago, and just leaves. For days at a time, at first, then weeks. Like, in the past 2 months, she's been home maybe 5 times, for 5 to 10 minutes each time, if that.

Which, hey - good, GTFO & stop stealing my cigarettes and annoying me.

But she left Chloe with us. Which is also fine, because we love Chloe. And there was a major change in Chloe's demeanor after the sister left. She's always been a good dog, but she's visibly much, much happier now - runs around and plays and acts goofy and is generally in a much better mental state.

Eventually the sister is saying, "Well, I don't know if I am moving out or not, but I can't take her with me if I do, because he doesn't like dogs," etc. Then she suggests maybe when I move out, I should take Chloe with me.

ABSOLUTELY. Chloe is wonderful with my kids, and a good watch dog, and just all around sweet. You don't find a dog like this just every day, you know? So I am more than happy to take her with me.

Thing is, for these two months the sister has been gone, she has not once bought dog food. Or even thanked us for taking care of her dog. Nothing.

And then all of a sudden, she shows up yesterday and says she's taking the puppy.

I was heartbroken, guys. I might have even cried a little (okay, a lot).

I mean, yes, she's technically not my dog, but I've been taking care of her for like 2 months now, and my daughter literally uses her as a pillow every night. She put her real pillow in the closet, because Chloe works better, she says.

So the sister takes the dog away, and we are all so sad panda, you have no idea.

BUT

This morning, my foster dad gets a text.

Apparently, she tried to take Chloe outside, but since the skeezoid has no fenced yard, she had to put Chloe on a leash.

And what did doggie do? She BOLTED as soon as her feets hit the pavement, and yanked the sister flat on her face. Busted out two of the sister's false teeth, scraped her face all up.

Annnnnnd now my dog's coming back home tomorrow.

Like, I am sorry (okay, not really) the sister got hurt, but clearly Chloe was not in the mood to be there. Sister always used to say Chloe could never go on a walk because she pulls on the leash too hard and tries to run away, but I've never had that problem. In fact, I can let the dog out without a leash on, and she will not run away, she just chills.

Hell, one of the kids accidentally left the back gate open once without realizing it, and I let the dogs into the backyard. A little while later, I walked past the front door to see Miss Chloe just sitting there, peering through the screen with her tongue hanging out, like, "Can I come back in?"

So I'm just sayin' that it sounds to ME like the dog knows where she wants to be.

Yay, doggie!
LOL that just totally made me feel better
Old 05-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I love both of those too much! Mind if I make the Simpsons Mirage my new avatar pic?

Also, has anyone ever had the Simpsons do the cover of the White Album?
no, but they have done:

David Bowie:

and...

The Beatles!:

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
no, but they have done:

David Bowie:

OK, that pic is kinda scary, but too funny. Too bad they don't have any pics of the Simpsons as the rest of the Mac.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 05-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
Just got back from my surgery about an hour ago...here's how it went:

First up: 4 shots of numbing whatever in my gums (taste is TERRIBLE)
Second: I lose feeling in the whole left side of my face (from my bottom lip to right under my eye)
Third: my mother leaves the room so that my mouth can be mutilated in peace..
Fourth: the doc and two assistants force me to keep my mouth open for about 30 mins while I listen and feel him scrape by friggin gums or whatever and drill and laser some stuff (I saw smoke!!). Then he takes his cell phone and takes pictures of my exposed tooth (that is kinda huge according to my mother...he showed her the pics). 10 mins later, I'm sitting in the lobby with my mother (I don't really remember getting out of the chair and walking).
Fifth: my mother and I go to cvs to pick of my prescription of vicodin, ibuprofen, and anti-biotics....I feel like crap.
And now I shall spend the rest of my day watching Dr.Who and being in pain (the vicodin helps ) =\
Minus the smoke, I've had all this done to me, back in the 1990's. I always hated that feeling under the eye from the novacaine. Thanks for reminding me Michelle. I hope you feel better soon. Stay on the pills and you won't feel a thing.