Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question I'm on FB now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So is Facebook screwed up for anyone else?

I just restarted my computer, and Firefox did some updates...

Now, my Facebook bookmark brings up a white page, with ONLY "Welcome to NGINX" on it. I even search Facebook.com, and it brings up the same page.

Is it just me???
and I am using Firefox, so who knows...

I am having an unexplainable day today - First I felt the urge to drive to Chickasha to apply at a job I once worked at years ago and they accepted my application and told me to return tomorrow @10 a.m. for orientation

I recently posted on here how my ex-girlfriend Vanessa assumed that I posted photos/info on craigslist to harrass her - but she responded to my on facebook saying she knew it was not me and that she is not mad at me - she knows how much she meant to me. So maybe somehow, in the future, we can be together once again...Debbie would approve of 'Nessa over anyone else.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 04-25-2012 at 03:54 PM..
Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Homer I gave up on FB because it was spiting out viruses.I got my emaill hacked from the virus from FB.I got FireFox And IE8 .It sounds like you picked up one of those site redirect
virus.tyr to run you antispyware software or your normal AV software package to clean it out.

Estranged. Good luck at the interview tomorrow. I be searching for some PT work myself.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if you guys had this happen. Today I received 3 Rollingstone magazines in the mail.April 12 .Two copies.one copy of April 26.I know TM-LN has the promotion going.But I don't remembering ckicking the yes sign me up section.I don't want the magazine which I did get last year when I ordered tickets for Stevie first round of her IYD tour.I canceled the mag after 3 months because I never took the time to sit down to read them.I used to like the magazine .but now I no interest in the music they are reporting on.I got to go to their website to pull the plug on this surprised subscription before they bill me.

Meantime in the April 12 issue they got a 8 page interview with our friend Jimmy Iovine which I going to read later.They have a photo of Stevie and Jimmy which a cropped version of the one shown in the attachment section.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ouhiygty.jpg (23.1 KB, 8 views)

Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

No matter how full I am from eating, I always have room for ice cream.Where the heck has baboles gone? I miss my hottie.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Homer I gave up on FB because it was spiting out viruses.I got my emaill hacked from the virus from FB.I got FireFox And IE8 .It sounds like you picked up one of those site redirect
virus.tyr to run you antispyware software or your normal AV software package to clean it out.

Estranged. Good luck at the interview tomorrow. I be searching for some PT work myself.
Well I'm a FB ADDICT, so I can't do that.

I DID Google that problem, though, and found out that the Firefox updates caused "cookie issues" in my computer, and that cleaning out the cache was how to fix it.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Where the heck has baboles gone?
He's around on other corners of the internets, just not here much, anymore...
Old 04-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Got the job!

Quote:
So that is a relief to me. I start on Monday morning at 6am and work until 2:30pm Monday through Friday.

It is weird that in this economy that people apply for jobs but don't show up for orientation - a couple people did that this morning, guess they did not really want to work - I do! I have a possible motivation for the job and that is to be near the woman I love and care about, and maybe work out the minor issues that derailed our relationship in November.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 04-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
*kisses you a thousand times* I didn't know she was touring so I just bought a ticket! For Manchester, where are you going?
Solid. I'm not going to tell you to have a good time, because nobody has a bad time at a Patti Smith show.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Solid. I'm not going to tell you to have a good time, because nobody has a bad time at a Patti Smith show.
You know, I actually nearly had a coronary just then when I saw your username. HI!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
You know, I actually nearly had a coronary just then when I saw your username. HI!
Sheesh, lady, save your coronaries for Patti. Hi!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well I'm a FB ADDICT, so I can't do that.

I DID Google that problem, though, and found out that the Firefox updates caused "cookie issues" in my computer, and that cleaning out the cache was how to fix it.
I'm glad you got Fire Fox up running again.I will probably go back to FB once I rectifly what happend two months ago with my email account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
So that is a relief to me. I start on Monday morning at 6am and work until 2:30pm Monday through Friday.

It is weird that in this economy that people apply for jobs but don't show up for orientation - a couple people did that this morning, guess they did not really want to work - I do! I have a possible motivation for the job and that is to be near the woman I love and care about, and maybe work out the minor issues that derailed our relationship in November.
Congrats to you on your new job.I think the 6:30am start time scared off some of the job seekers.Today I started to help my 93 year old friend doing outside yard work.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm glad you got Fire Fox up running again.I will probably go back to FB once I rectifly what happend two months ago with my email account.
Thanks. FWIW, I NEVER wanted to FB. Ever. And about 3 years ago, Michelle2677 twisted and twisted my arm, until I finally did it.

And I love it, and I'm obsessed with it!

And this might sound dumb, but it completely opened up new social circles for me, that probably never would have happened. Seriously....like one friend, of an acquaintance of mine, FB invited me to a party, and I decided to go(I only actually knew 2 people there, out of about 30). Well, I hit it off with the host, and most of their friends, and I'm in a completely new circle of friends, that never would have happened without FB. Party invitations at least every other week, now. THANKS, FB!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My mom got served with a rent demand tonight.

(Background for non-lawyers: Before you can take someone to housing court for not paying rent, you have to serve them with a demand for the rent. If they still don't pay it, then you can start a court case.)

Of course she's sure she sent the money (apparently she regularly pays whenever during the month and it's never been a problem), but it's just bizarre that this happens just as I'm getting a little more of the hang of the job I have (landlord lawyer)...

Also, have I mentioned how much I love my boss being on vacation this week? And how depressing it's going to be when he comes back???

(Today's attorney room discussion involved just how much they all hate my boss and how they want his plane home to be "Miracle on the Hudson 2," except that he'll be in the bathroom at the time and won't be saved. The other attorneys also decided that the word that describes how they feel about him is "reviled." )
Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
No matter how full I am from eating, I always have room for ice cream.Where the heck has baboles gone? I miss my hottie.
Theres always room for dessert lol

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 04-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool I think some...

Quote:
Congrats to you on your new job.I think the 6:30am start time scared off some of the job seekers.Today I started to help my 93 year old friend doing outside yard work.
just didn't want to work is all. Not every department starts at the early start time, some start around 8:00am.

Having a good talk with my ex-girlfriend - even if we don't ever get back together we will be friends and nothing will change that. I do know she missed me, which is better than not being missed at all