Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Zom-beh, I feel awful for you. I am just amazed that despite all of the crap going on in your real-life, you still manage to come here to your Ledge-life to spread your humor and good spirits. Geez! I thought I was having a bad year!

I know this may be the last thing you'd want, but I think it would be great if we could pass around a virtual collection plate on your behalf via PayPal. And it's not like it's a handout; I am sure you would pay everyone back as soon as you are able. And if you are unable to pay everyone back, that's fine too; consider it an early Christmas gift. If you are only 10 days behind on your rent, I suspect we are not talking about a tremendous amount of money, so I am sure we can make up the shortfall here.
I agree with this! Please let your follow Ledgies help you out! I'm definitely willing to contribute!!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Zom-beh, I feel awful for you. I am just amazed that despite all of the crap going on in your real-life, you still manage to come here to your Ledge-life to spread your humor and good spirits. Geez! I thought I was having a bad year!

I know this may be the last thing you'd want, but I think it would be great if we could pass around a virtual collection plate on your behalf via PayPal. And it's not like it's a handout; I am sure you would pay everyone back as soon as you are able. And if you are unable to pay everyone back, that's fine too; consider it an early Christmas gift. If you are only 10 days behind on your rent, I suspect we are not talking about a tremendous amount of money, so I am sure we can make up the shortfall here.
I will help also
Old 11-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I should have put a Chicken on my Christmas list

I just sat and watched Hollyoaks....I'm ashamed of myself.

Last edited by Silver Springs; 11-10-2010 at 02:58 PM..
Old 11-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't feel like going into details on such a public forum, but send little prayers my way.... nothing nearly as serious as what's going on with Annie but I would appreciate it.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^You got it, Danielle
Old 11-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I can't wait to post up my Stevie Nicks project pieces when they're done. Some of them are actually kind of good *toot of horn*
Old 11-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I can't wait to post up my Stevie Nicks project pieces when they're done. Some of them are actually kind of good *toot of horn*
I can't wait to see them!

I'm in a moral quandary
Old 11-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
What's this about a Stevie Nicks project piece? Sounds awesome!!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
What's this about a Stevie Nicks project piece? Sounds awesome!!
I'm a student of Fine Art and for my project this term I decided to continue with my ongoing theme of Idolatry, with Stevie Nicks as my icon of choice. I'm painting a mural that will probably take all year to do because my next project is the flipside of her story, which is Lindsey Buckingham (:P). I'm also constructing a Diptych of her in classical poses. One side is her simply placed on a throne (a bit obvious really) and the other is herself and Lindsey as Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden (The apple is an allegory for their embittered breakup).
Old 11-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I don't feel like going into details on such a public forum, but send little prayers my way.... nothing nearly as serious as what's going on with Annie but I would appreciate it.
Thoughts and prayers going your way. Whatever it is, I hope it works out for the best.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Registered

First - thank you to everyone that's left good wishes and virtual hugs. I really appreciate it.

And Jannie - if I had some gold, I would totally unload it, but the only "real" jewelry I own is a thin ring that was my mom's & her pearls, which she left me when she died. I don't think either would bring me enough to make giving them up worth it, if that makes sense - the ring is gold, but it's very thin and kinda banged up due to being old, and the small sapphire is chipped. I wear it because it was hers, but it's not much to look at, lol.

And Dani, I don't pray, but I have some warm fuzzies that are yours if you want 'em. Suffering is suffering, it's not a matter of degrees. I learned that from this one psycho British Zen monk I used to date!

Quote:

Oh you. And the rest of you that offered to help - oh (collective) you, too.

Thank you so much for the thought and your kindness. It may or may not have made me cry (but if it did - and I'm not sayin' it did, mind you, but if it did - it was only a little, because I am wearing my Extra Strength Big Girl Pants today, so no worries), but I am not sure I can let you guys do something like that. I really have no idea when I could pay any of you back, and I just wouldn't feel right about it. It seems...wrong... for me to do that, I guess.

I still stick around here even when sh*t sucks because it's a good refuge - I suspect many of you do the same. You guys are good people, and if only Stevie & the rest of that lot knew what awesome people they attract as dedicated fans, they might be moved to release an album more often or tour Europe more often or something crazy like that.

I have had some new developments today, though - one good and one not good. The apartment complex that looks like they will approve me, if they do, said today that it won't take a whole week for me to be able to move in like the guy yesterday said, which is GREAT. But how I thought earlier that I could crash on my parents' floor in the interim...my foster parents have the same landlord I do (he seemed fine at the time, which is why I took this house), and he informed them yesterday that if they let me stay with them, then he will report them to the city for violating their occupancy permit and kick THEM out, too. So that is...y'know...NOT GREAT. I can't put them in that situation, and I don't think I've ever disliked someone more than I dislike this man at this moment.

And so, in conclusion, you are all wonderful and should each have a new puppy or some cookies, and this guy is a douchecanoe of epic proportions.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 11-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
First - thank you to everyone that's left good wishes and virtual hugs. I really appreciate it.

And Jannie - if I had some gold, I would totally unload it, but the only "real" jewelry I own is a thin ring that was my mom's & her pearls, which she left me when she died. I don't think either would bring me enough to make giving them up worth it, if that makes sense - the ring is gold, but it's very thin and kinda banged up due to being old, and the small sapphire is chipped. I wear it because it was hers, but it's not much to look at, lol.

And Dani, I don't pray, but I have some warm fuzzies that are yours if you want 'em. Suffering is suffering, it's not a matter of degrees. I learned that from this one psycho British Zen monk I used to date!

Oh you. And the rest of you that offered to help - oh (collective) you, too.

Thank you so much for the thought and your kindness. It may or may not have made me cry (but if it did - and I'm not sayin' it did, mind you, but if it did - it was only a little, because I am wearing my Extra Strength Big Girl Pants today, so no worries), but I am not sure I can let you guys do something like that. I really have no idea when I could pay any of you back, and I just wouldn't feel right about it. It seems...wrong... for me to do that, I guess.

I still stick around here even when sh*t sucks because it's a good refuge - I suspect many of you do the same. You guys are good people, and if only Stevie & the rest of that lot knew what awesome people they attract as dedicated fans, they might be moved to release an album more often or tour Europe more often or something crazy like that.

I have had some new developments today, though - one good and one not good. The apartment complex that looks like they will approve me, if they do, said today that it won't take a whole week for me to be able to move in like the guy yesterday said, which is GREAT. But how I thought earlier that I could crash on my parents' floor in the interim...my foster parents have the same landlord I do (he seemed fine at the time, which is why I took this house), and he informed them yesterday that if they let me stay with them, then he will report them to the city for violating their occupancy permit and kick THEM out, too. So that is...y'know...NOT GREAT. I can't put them in that situation, and I don't think I've ever disliked someone more than I dislike this man at this moment.

And so, in conclusion, you are all wonderful and should each have a new puppy or some cookies, and this guy is a douchecanoe of epic proportions.
You should let us help. To me, it wouldn't matter if you couldn't pay it back. If you can't count on us Ledgies.... then who can you count on?!! Seriously, you are in a bind and you need help. Let us help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Annie, I hope you reconsider. I know you're a kind and thoughtful person, so consider this karma repaying you
Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
and he informed them yesterday that if they let me stay with them, then he will report them to the city for violating their occupancy permit and kick THEM out, too.
It is YOU, Annie, that needs to start with the reporting ASAP. fight back against this controlfreakslumlordpsychwarddouchenozzle for what he is doing to you and your family, what he has likely done to everyone before you and will do to everyone that will come after you...unless he is stopped.

sorry.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

31 years ago tonight, I saw Fleetwood Mac in concert for the first time. November 10, 1979 in New Haven,Connecticut. This picture was taken that night(not by me) while Stevie sang Sara.