The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
yep! i just realized i've played for more than half my life. i started when i was 9. i <3 violin!
You play violin?! Sweet. Whenever I was little (3-4), one of my favorite games was when my mom played radio songs on her violin, and I had to guess what they were. Sometimes on guitar, because apparently if you play violin, you can figure out guitar?
Jolene was big that year. But violin always seemed really hard. I only played flute and alto sax. I mean, you have to hold the violin all scrunchy under your chin. Not relaxing.
Be sure and figure out many radio songs on violin, as that is obviously very memorable. I think we did Ring of Fire, too, don't forget that one.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
You play violin?! Sweet. Whenever I was little (3-4), one of my favorite games was when my mom played radio songs on her violin, and I had to guess what they were. Sometimes on guitar, because apparently if you play violin, you can figure out guitar?
Jolene was big that year. But violin always seemed really hard. I only played flute and alto sax. I mean, you have to hold the violin all scrunchy under your chin. Not relaxing.
Be sure and figure out many radio songs on violin, as that is obviously very memorable. I think we did Ring of Fire, too, don't forget that one.
i do that all the time! it's pretty much automatic for me. i hear a song, and i can play it. i never played a wind instrument, but i always wanted to. i can play a couple songs on the flute, and a couple scales. making them sound good is another story ...
Old 02-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
yep! i just realized i've played for more than half my life. i started when i was 9. i <3 violin!
Maybe if you had tried serenading us, you would have gotten lucky with me or Theresa in Cleveland.

Some of these things are obviously way to large to try lugging out of my house if it was on fire, but these are the things that I love most:

My photographs. They're irreplacable. I have thousands. I've become the unofficial family photographer, and I'm the only one who actually labels them & tries to keep them neat & organized. If someone is looking for a pic from a certain event or of a certain person, they come to me. I actually have some of my more important digital pics saved onto disc & in a fireproof box. I also have very old family wedding pics (1920's) that I would hate to lose.

My grandmother's cedar chest and bedroom set. The chest sits in my dining room, in desperate need of refinishing. The BR set is in the spare bedroom - actually, I started using it as my own when I was 15 & took it with me when I moved out at age 23. I just got a newer set last year, but I refuse to part with the old set. Still has the delivery tag on the back - 1952, I believe.

My Lindsey autograph & CD/VHS/DVD bootleg collection. Obviously not irreplaceable, but it sure would be a bitch trying to start over again.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would take my doll, my Doors autographs and a pet carrier to put my cats in since they'd be outside waiting for me.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Other than the Scotties seen here:

Of course, here is Ms. Holiday Laine in her "Bitches Britches"

I would take:

1. The Rolex my dad gave me, which I love for that reason

2. My lap top computer

3. My wallet - and

4. A picture my mom gave me many years ago, which I love.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Photos and letters are really my only prized possessions that I would try to save.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
4. A picture my mom gave me many years ago, which I love.

Is it a nude picture of you?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Rickypt
This message has been deleted by Rickypt.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HA! I see that a lot of you have LP's as one of your prized possessions! Me too!

Mine are..
~My Albums (LP) and Record Player
~My Computer
~My Dog (does that count)
~Shot glasses. ALL 67 of them :-)
~My Bootleg collection (CD's Tape's VHS' and DVD's)
Old 02-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIUD View Post
Is it a nude picture of you?

No - it is a scene from a Venician wedding and the gitft bearers. It is worth a great deal from a sentimental vantage point as well as a financial one.

Many of my photos are scanned - so taking the comp. takes care of that.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lessee... my big box of things that I've been keeping since I was a very little girl. It has pictures, birthday cards going back to my 4th birthday, rapport cards from school, diaries, letters and notes friends wrote me, little things I brought home with me from foreign countries. It's a big box of memories. Also, my records. That would be a bitch to carry down the stairs though, because I have lots. Everything on my computer is replaceable and I guess so are my bootlegs and what not else, but as someone else said, it would be a major pain in the ass to get that all back again, so if there was time, I'd grab it.

And ofcourse, my two cats.