Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default most prized possessions

let's be materialistic for a bit. what are your most prized possessions?

I don't really have any family heirlooms or things that can't be replaced with relative ease. so, I'd say my FMac/Stevie collection is right at numero uno. then, I'd say my clothes, jewelry and stage clothes round out my list. but, if I have to choose one thing or a fire was aburning, the first thing I'd grab is my external hard drive. is that tragic?

maybe if I think about this over the next couple days I'll think of something different and not seem so shallow.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post

I don't really have any family heirlooms or things that can't be replaced with relative ease. so, I'd say my FMac/Stevie collection is right at numero uno. then, I'd say my clothes, jewelry and stage clothes round out my list. but, if I have to choose one thing or a fire was aburning, the first thing I'd grab is my external hard drive. is that tragic?

maybe if I think about this over the next couple days I'll think of something different and not seem so shallow.
Nah, I'd grab my hd too. I guess my most prized posessions are my bird & my Cyndi stuff. I'd definitely save those if the rooms were all on fiyuh. I wear all of the jewelery I really care about, so I'd let the other **** burn.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

hmm. dogs are a given, we're just talking about things, right? in order of importance ...

-violin
-laptop
-sheet music
-books ... i have hundreds and hundreds of books ... they're like my children.
-and of course, my music collection, CD's and LP's. i wouldn't save any of my record players because none of them f*cking work.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My albums are my #1 prized possessions. I couldn't live without them
Old 02-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Beside my pets (which I don't really consider to be my "possessions," they're more like my children) I would have to say:

-My dvd/vhs collection (it's nearing 500 titles)
-my music collection
-my computer (though it's also a major source of frustration and anger)
-my thesaurus (I won't even attempt to write without having it handy)

None of these things are really worth much or any money, but they're valuable to me.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

First and foremost...my boys, the cats. But we are talking possessions, not pets.
I hate that I am so materialistic...
But I've spent most of my adult life creating a beautiful home surrounded with things that make me happy. True, most things can be replaced...but there are photo's that cant, so they would be at the top of the list. Should there be a fire? Hmmm
My dad gave me a gorgeous crystal ball & stand just like the one on the cover of ROCK A LITTLE that I adore, so I would grab that.
I have a beautiful dragonfly Tiffany lamp that I would rip out of the wall because it's the first thing I got for this house.
I have a massive music collection, so I would pillow-case as many CD's as I could. I also have seven years of my radio shows on cassettes in huge popcorn tins, so I would want to grab as many of them as I could.
I have some beautiful Morroccan flasks on my fireplace mantle that are just exquisite and everyone compliments me on them. I only have 18 but I wish I had 100, so I would grab them, too.

I literally have 12 or more candles buring in my house nightly. My father once said, "You are gonna burn down in that house of wax!' and that fear was planted! Yet, I love to live by candlelight...

rbs

Last edited by rbs3676; 02-04-2007 at 02:35 AM..
Old 02-04-2007, 04:25 AM
buckymcnix
This message has been deleted by buckymcnix.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676 View Post
First and foremost...my boys, the cats. But we are talking possessions, not pets.
I hate that I am so materialistic...
But I've spent most of my adult life creating a beautiful home surrounded with things that make me happy. True, most things can be replaced...but there are photo's that cant, so they would be at the top of the list. Should there be a fire? Hmmm
My dad gave me a gorgeous crystal ball & stand just like the one on the cover of ROCK A LITTLE that I adore, so I would grab that.
I have a beautiful dragonfly Tiffany lamp that I would rip out of the wall because it's the first thing I got for this house.
I have a massive music collection, so I would pillow-case as many CD's as I could. I also have seven years of my radio shows on cassettes in huge popcorn tins, so I would want to grab as many of them as I could.
I have some beautiful Morroccan flasks on my fireplace mantle that are just exquisite and everyone compliments me on them. I only have 18 but I wish I had 100, so I would grab them, too.

I literally have 12 or more candles buring in my house nightly. My father once said, "You are gonna burn down in that house of wax!' and that fear was planted! Yet, I love to live by candlelight...

rbs
I would love to see some photos of your house- it sounds wonderful.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

i have to say, if my house was on fire, as long as i had my dear dog out safely, the rest could burn. it's not because i don't love my stuff, but it's all replaceable.

oh, actually, i'd try to grab some photos, too. oh, and my two favourite bears from when i was a kid. things that are irreplaceable.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post

..don't forget your Tiaras.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In order:

My photographs. All 15 albums of 'em.
My notes/drawings from my kids.
My jewerly.
My computer.

Suppose that's about it.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
In order:

My photographs. All 15 albums of 'em.
My notes/drawings from my kids.
My jewerly.
My computer.

Suppose that's about it.
..don't forget your bitch pills.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree, I can't consider my cats possessions. They're like children to me. Furry, evil little children.

But, things-wise, in no order..

- The quilt that my grandmother made for me when I was born. It's beat up, but it has so much meaning to me.
- My teddy bear.
- Photographs. All of 'em.
- My iPod and my computer.
- My guitar pick collection. I have picks from The Edge, Chrissie Hynde, Adam Seymour (2 of 'em), Nick Wilkinson (Pretenders bassist), and the cutie from the IV Thieves, and a few more. These were all given to me at concerts, and are very important to me.
- Any of my autographed ****. I have a poster autographed by all of the Pretenders, a boxed set reading "to Kate, love Chrissie Hynde", some more signed albums and stuff, a poster signed to me from Cat Power & her band, my Blondie "Atomic" picture sleeve with Clem Burke's autograph, and a t-shirt signed by King Buzzo of The Melvins. Oh, and my setlists.
- My Telecaster. I can't play it too well, but I love it so.
- My LP collection. I have hundreds. I would especially go for the white-label promo of the Clash's debut, original copies of early Kinks albums, a very rare U2 single, No Doubt "Tragic Kingdom" LP, and so many more.
- My band T-shirt collection. Hundreds of 'em.
- My artwork.
-My go-go boots. They're more important to me than they should be. Also, my first pair of Chuck Taylors.
- My vintage clothing collection. Taken me years to put it together.

I can't think of anything else right now.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

My sparkling personality.

photos and books. But if there was a fire, I'd leave the books.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've actually thought about this quite a bit - when I was a kid I used to carry a box with all of my most prized possessions because I was scared to death of our house burning down...

That's still a fear of mine...but I no longer carry a box around

First and foremost, of course, would be Clancy.

After that the only thing I absolutely have to save would be my blankie long story. Also some of my photos.

After that it would be nice to save some of my clothes, but honestly all of my stuff is replaceable...so there's nothing I'd absolutely be destroyed over...
Old 02-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a few.

My framed pictures I took at Fleetwood Mac shows on 7-19-03 in San Diego and 5-12-04 in Green Bay.

My spring tour 1975 Fleetwood Mac poster
my Framed lithograph of the inner sleeve of SYW where the band is in the Studio
and My famed 4 covers of Rolling Stone Fleetwood Mac was on the cover of.

Baseball stuff: the 3 foul balls and 5 home runs I've caught during games. and of course my baseball book and Fleetwood Mac collection, other than the stuff I've already mentioned.