Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Ledgie

Default Screwed @ Royce Hall 9/14/2008

Hello fellow Fleetwood Mac fans. This is my first post and I want to preface it by saying I have been a HUGE Fleetwood Mac since 1977. I own everything from 1975 - the present. I have seen the band many times and Stevie solo. I have even seen the "Time" era incarnation of the band!! I had never seen LB live before until this past week and I was blown away!! His voice is perfect and he is one of the best guitar players I have ever seen. He is soooo underrated... hell he's not even rated! But, he is amazing. The show was a perfect mix of new songs (great), old solo songs and Fleetwood Mac songs. I absolutely give the show a 10 out of 10... so why was I "screwed"...

After the show ended I took my LP copies of "Go Insane" and "Tusk" outside and waited patiently by the tour bus for Lindsey to come out in hopes of getting an autograph. These LPs are for my personal collection. I have over 30 LPs signed, framed and displayed in my home. Everyone from Neil Diamond to Alice Cooper. It's a hobby and they look pretty cool too.

As I waited a few more fans gathered. I would say there were no more than 15 people including 2 in wheel chairs... I bring that up for what follows. After about 30 minutes LB appears. as he comes out to get in his car the fans approach... as LB begins signing (he only signed for 2 people) his wife begins to vocally oppose this impromptu autograph session... "No Lindsey! You can't do this tonight. We have to go. We have to put the kids to bed!" At that point Lindsey drops the pen and shuffles off to his car.

WTF!!! There were 15 of us!! No one was pushing everyone was polite. I have never witnessed anyone be so rude to their fans. It was truly disappointing given the fact that there was so few people waiting and to be honest... when will any of us have a chance to meet Lindsey again. This is not the way I would expect a musician of his caliber to behave especially to what he himself called a "hometown crowd." Remember Mrs. Buckingham... the mansion you are driving home to tonight was built with the hard earned $$$ that the fans have forked over for 30 years.

If anyone else has had a bad experience... or good for that matter. I would love to hear it.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Ledgie

Wow i am shocked he did that.If he is that pussy whipped I would be very disappointed. did he say anything before leaving? Did any one say anything to him to voice their disappointment?Also why does every show have to have his wife and kids there anyway?He needs to leave them at home.Also hes not as responsive this time around unlike say you will tour where he actually went out of his way for fans.very disappointing

Last edited by dougb; 09-17-2008 at 01:18 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb View Post
Wow i am shocked he did that.If he is that pussy whipped I would be very disappointed. did he say anything before leaving? Did any one say anything to him to voice their disappointment?

No one said a thing... his children were present so everyone was being very respectful which made the situation all the more frustrating.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb View Post
Also why does every show have to have his wife and kids there anyway?He needs to leave them at home.Also hes not as responsive this time around unlike say you will tour where he actually went out of his way for fans.very disappointing

I guess I understand having the kids there when daddy is playing at home but you know what... mommy could have taken the kids home right after the show so that daddy can finish the nights business which sometimes includes meeting the fans. If Pete Townshend can come out and meet the fans I think LB should too.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered

Traditionally, Kristen has always looked down her nose at Lindsey's fans, so this is not entirely surprising. Over the years, she's made it pretty clear that she thinks we're a bunch of losers. All of that aside, though... she's still a pretty unpleasant person on various levels.

As for Lindsey, he does usually (although often begrudgingly) take the time to briefly meet with fans after shows. Many fans on this board have had their picture taken with him, etc. This is markedly different than his behavior towards fans on the Say You Will tour, where you never knew what Lindsey you were going to get after the show (especially at meet-n-greets) .
Old 09-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Traditionally, Kristen has always looked down her nose at Lindsey's fans, so this is not entirely surprising. Over the years, she's made it pretty clear that she thinks we're a bunch of losers. All of that aside, though... she's still a pretty unpleasant person on various levels.

As for Lindsey, he does usually (although often begrudgingly) take the time to briefly meet with fans after shows. Many fans on this board have had their picture taken with him, etc. This is markedly different than his behavior towards fans on the Say You Will tour, where you never knew what Lindsey you were going to get after the show (especially at meet-n-greets) .
She was very unpleasant to put it nicely. If you don't want to meet the fans then sneak out!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say that I have had several experiences meeting Lindsey, and he has NEVER been anything but polite to me and others. He has always taken the time to conversate and sign whatever fans had for him. I'm sorry you had a negative experience.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I'm sorry you had a negative experience.
Me too. BUT I'm glad to hear you have had many great experiences.
I'm still a big fan but at first I was like... "Wait a minute... I'm supposed to go buy your new CD on Tuesday but this is how you're treating me?"

Needless to say I bought the CD.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
Me too. BUT I'm glad to hear you have had many great experiences.
I'm still a big fan but at first I was like... "Wait a minute... I'm supposed to go buy your new CD on Tuesday but this is how you're treating me?"

Needless to say I bought the CD.
I'm not saying what happened to you was acceptable, but you have to consider he also couldve been a typical rock and roll star and looked at you and been like "Who the F**K are you, get outta my face."
Old 09-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I have to say that I have had several experiences meeting Lindsey, and he has NEVER been anything but polite to me and others. He has always taken the time to conversate and sign whatever fans had for him. I'm sorry you had a negative experience.
He was nothing but nice to me as well. Then again, his wife wasn't around either. I don't think his family was with him at the show i was at. So, I guess in that sense I got lucky.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope he doesn't take them to ny!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Traditionally, Kristen has always looked down her nose at Lindsey's fans, so this is not entirely surprising. Over the years, she's made it pretty clear that she thinks we're a bunch of losers.
She's a moron. If you're going to marry a musician with lots of dedicated fans, there's going to be people who will want to meet your husband. If she doesn't want that, maybe she shouldn't have married him.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 09-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Royce Brush Off!

Gawd Lindsey sure can pick 'em! Maybe there's "Trouble in Shangra-La"? Ten years and three kids could very well do it. What's she going to do when he does a full-blown FWM tour? Drag the kids from coast to coast to make sure Lindsey stays in line. Lawdy,lawdy! Where'd he find this woman anyway?

Carol-Lynn
Old 09-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Gawd Lindsey sure can pick 'em! Maybe there's "Trouble in Shangra-La"? Ten years and three kids could very well do it. What's she going to do when he does a full-blown FWM tour? Drag the kids from coast to coast to make sure Lindsey stays in line. Lawdy,lawdy!
Pretty much, yeah... stiletto boots and all, as was SOP in '03-'04 (http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph..._v2&id=455&c=9) At least for the cosmopolitan stops on the tour, that is (I doubt Kristen does Grand Rapids, if you know what I mean).

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Where'd he find this woman anyway?
You don't want to know.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At least for the cosmopolitan stops on the tour, that is (I doubt Kristen does Grand Rapids, if you know what I mean).

You don't want to know.
It reminds me of what John said about Julie and Molly:

Quote:
My girls come out on the road. They seem to enjoy New York, Chicago, Boston etc. For some reason they don't come out to places like Lincoln, Nebraska or Fargo, N. Dakota. Strange, Huh?
Michele