Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Interesting numbers...

Number of songs each singer/writer has on each album:

White Album:
Lindsey: 5 (counting WT lead with CM)
Stevie: 2
Christine: 5 (counting WT lead with LB)

Rumours:
Lindsey: 6 (counting The Chain, IDWTK and Don't Stop)
Stevie: 2
Christine: 4 (counting Dont' Stop lead with LB)

Tusk:
Lindsey: 10 (counting Think About Me lead with CM)
Stevie: 5
Christine: 6 (counting Think About Me lead with LB)

Mirage:
Lindsey: 5
Stevie: 3
Christine: 4

Tango in the Night:
Lindsey: 5
Stevie: 3
Christine: 4

Interesting.....to me, anyways! LOL Lindsey in the lead, with Christine, then Stevie.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Just a little clarification... Stevie wrote three tracks on 'Fleetwood Mac,' even though Lindsey sings lead on "Crystal."

She also wrote three tracks on 'Rumours,' but shared lead vocals with Lindsey for "I Don't Want To Know."

Johnny Stew
Old 08-10-2002, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation And....

You might want to actually calculate the minutes each writer has on the FM records. Stevie's songs are always the longer ones with Lindsey's being the shortest. I'd think that each member would be pretty even then....especially on Tusk.

Joe
Old 08-10-2002, 05:19 PM
Ledgie

Smile interesting numbers.

you can calculate all you what, but stevie writes and bangs a tamborine.... the MUSIC, for the most part, is left up to the rest of the group......

THANK GOD FOR LINDSEY.....
Old 08-10-2002, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't dispute that Lindsey is indeed a god....but let's just remember who wrote Fleetwood Mac only Rumours line-up Number 1

Pip
Old 08-10-2002, 09:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: interesting numbers.

Quote:
Originally posted by baugh
you can calculate all you what, but stevie writes and bangs a tamborine.... the MUSIC, for the most part, is left up to the rest of the group......

THANK GOD FOR LINDSEY.....
Haha, well put! Her contributions only go so far...
-Brian
Old 08-10-2002, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Apparently this is turning into yet another Stevie bashing thread....Her contribution to Fleetwood Mac is BIG, which really in no way should be belittled by any FM fan. Her role in FM could not be topped by any one.

Lindsey is a great musican and his contributions to FM should not be overlooked either.

FM is a BAND with each member making it what it is. It's always been a democracy with each member getting equal time...any way you want to slice it....which really was the original intent of the thread.

Joe
Old 08-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not all pro- Stevie...but really,can you honestly say the Rumours line-up of the Mac,sans Stevie,would have been as sucessful?? Everyone i have ever met who i mention the name Fleetwood Mac to always goes "Oh,you mean Stevie Nicks"?? The fact is,she was a great focal point for the band with her performances in the beginning...and as time went on it became obvious what a great lyricist she was...put that together with that golden voice..and you have a winning combo..she didn't need the Mac after the first few years..but she loves her band and never wanted to give that up...

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 08-11-2002, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation DOH!

I did NOT start this thread to BASH anyone...I love them ALL, I was just bored on Thursday night and counted up how many songs each singer had!! AAHH!! They ALL contribute A CRAPLOAD of talent to this band...FULL STOP!!! (Thanks, seteca. LOL!)

And, Johnny Stew, I forgot to clarify the Crystal thing and the IDWYK. Oopsie. I thought I got all the "wierd combos".
Old 08-11-2002, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christy the bashing remark was not aimed at you, it was for baugh who "dropped in" to make a whole slew of very derogatory remarks about Stevie on various threads in the Rumours forum. I don't think the original intent of the thread was to slam anyone...sorry you misunderstood my comments.

Oh and by the way I would like to make one more "clarification"....All FIVE members get credit on "The Chain".

PEACE

Joe
Old 08-11-2002, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Johnny Stew...

I know...I wanted to clarify to EVERYONE that my intentions were not to bash anyone. HAHA Yes, The Chain...maybe I should redo my list! LMAO!! I must've been tired...
Old 08-12-2002, 09:59 AM

Folks, calm down!

I think what happens here is that the Stevie fans feel slighted that she gets fewer songs on albums though she's had the most popularity.

But think of how us Lindsey fans feel. Without him, there would be no Fleetwood Mac sound. All we would have is a spectrum of sound and style differences throughout the years without any cohesion. If not for Lindsey, who gave Fleetwood Mac the sound we all know Fleetwood Mac for, the band probably would have stayed in the outskirts of oblivion forever. It would have disappeared in the mid 70s, I'm sure. Kudos to Mick for spotting the great talent that Lindsey is. And remember, Mick didn't even want Stevie in the first place!

Yet Lindsey is totally underrated. He hardly, or rarely, shows up on "best guitarist" lists and historically he has gotten very little of the band's spotlight. In my estimation, he only really started getting his due when the Dance came out.

Stevie wrote some great songs. That is absolutely a fact. But starting in the mid 80s, her stuff became mediocre. And I believe that a lot of people around here would agree with that.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:43 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Folks, calm down!

Stevie wrote some great songs. That is absolutely a fact. But starting in the mid 80s, her stuff became mediocre. And I believe that a lot of people around here would agree with that.
I agree, CarneVaca.
And to those who think that you have to love everything that Stevie does and believe that she can do no wrong in order to call yourself a fan, I disagree.
She's written some great songs and some not so good songs (and some pretty bad songs too as a matter of fact).
That said, i still have the audacity to call myself a Stevie Nicks fan.

*angie

*Tolkien*
Old 08-12-2002, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just my two cents as both a FM fan and Stevie fan, I think one thing the non-Stevie fans who are totally entitled to their opinion need to understand is that us Stevie fans have had to endure lots of bad press and social put-downs about Stevie, both past and present...Stevie is a no-talent, Stevie is a has-been, Stevie is fat and lazy, Stevie is this, Stevie is that. It has been this way always since the beginning, just read some Rolling Stone articles and you can understand how belittleing it can be to be a Stevie fan. and it was especially hard during the late 80's and early 90's but we made it through.

And with each literary arrow/dagger thrown her way, the social structure continues to try and make her fans feel stupid to enjoy her music/personna. And so we have become more tighter and adamant in her defense. including on this board. I know it can be especially hard on those Stevie fans who come to this board to share their enthusiasm and love of Stevie and her music, They can be gravely disappointed when other FM fans have their own favorites including negative Stevie opinions. But please know that our extreme defense of Stevie comes from a past of hard knocks...Social fabric loves to put people on pedestals only to tear them down at a later time, and from my point of view and experience, society is particularly viscious on women. It can be very perverse and cruel when a woman is on the downside of fame...case in point, Anna Nicole Smith...

I personally came to this board as basically only a Stevie fan and have enjoyed and appreciated having my musical landscape broadened by Lindsey's, Peter Green's and even Bob Welch's music and their wonderful fans. It only has enriched my love of the Mac and does not detract from my love of Stevie's music. As a fellow FM fan, I can only ask that all the non-Stevie fans, try once again and re-listen to her famous stuff and then try some of her new/rare stuff as well, I think as FM fans you will be pleasantly surprised and be re-enraptured by the whole FM magic once again, a perfect time to do so since the new tour will hopefully start in 2003. Believe me as a fellow FM fan, don't listen to just the social/literary hype, Stevie has done some great music since the 70's...

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64

Last edited by Bella Figura; 08-12-2002 at 11:16 AM..
Old 08-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I Adaore stevie probibly as much as anybody, BUT there was a time frame where she SUCKS. from 1973-1983 Stevie did not have ONE bad song. every Fleetwood Mac Song she did was PERFECT and Bella Donna was PERFECT, and the Wild Heart was all good too. And The live performances I've seen and heard are Spectacular. Stevie looked Great in this time period. It was here 73-83 where stevie was truly to me the greateest musical person ON EARTH. But then comes Rock a little which was a collection of EXTREMELY MEDIOCRE songs. But her live shows were still firery, so this 85-86 era is like a grey area, the calm before the true disater hit. Enter Tango in the Night. 3 PATHETIC songs. Even the much loved Seven Wonders sucked. and now even her live performances are horrible. I've seen the Tango in the night video and she is a lifeless zombie. Then comes an even LOWER point but not the LOWEST, that comes later. OSOTM comes out, and is easily her worst solo work. Although there are a few good songs, this is not a very good album. But Stevie hit the VERY BOTTOM of her career in 1990 with her freaking Behind the Mask songs, and crappy voice. The Second time was not a song it was something someone thwer up. But Stevie finnally rebounds for me in Street Angel, a much disliked album that i fell is leaps and bounds better then TOSOTM. It's a step back to her earlier songs and it rocks. but she is not FULLY back for me. from 1995- 2001 she wrote many great songs and with TISL regained her praise from me. It aint AS good as 73-83 but it'll do for me. Again this is how i fell about stevie, I LOVE HER to death except for those 87-93 years.

He Will Burn You Down