The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Anyone seen Sheryl Crow live on her latest tour?

Hey guys,

I'm going to see Sheryl in just over a week and, while I'm a very big fan and think that her latest record is a real return to form (other than the last "bonus" track!) I was just wondering f anyone had caught her on this most recent tour? I really wasn't impressed with her Detours gigs that much but am giving her another chance! Any thoughts?? I'm hoping for a nice varied setlist....
Old 09-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I really wanted to see Sheryl when she was in Austin last month with Colbie Caillat... I think they're both great. Especially since they were going to be playing at The Backyard... which is a really neat venue. But I can't justify paying for concert tickets (even though the show was general admission and only $50) while I'm not working. I've seen Sheryl's setlist for this tour, it's heavily based on 100 Miles From Memphis. I think the album is really fantastic, and I'd think all the songs would translate to live performances quite well, especially since the album was essentially recorded "live" in the studio. Have fun, and let me know what you think of your show!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I really wanted to see Sheryl when she was in Austin last month with Colbie Caillat... I think they're both great. Especially since they were going to be playing at The Backyard... which is a really neat venue. But I can't justify paying for concert tickets (even though the show was general admission and only $50) while I'm not working. I've seen Sheryl's setlist for this tour, it's heavily based on 100 Miles From Memphis. I think the album is really fantastic, and I'd think all the songs would translate to live performances quite well, especially since the album was essentially recorded "live" in the studio. Have fun, and let me know what you think of your show!
Having not long found work after things being a bit uncertain - I know how you feel! I'm hoping the set avoids a lot of the Detours material and, as well as having a good few from this new record, also has a few from her first 3 albums as well! I'd esopecially love Hard To Make AS Stand but I think I can keep dreaming on that one...
Old 10-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sheryl kicked ASS last night!! A great set, but very heavy on the new album, and she was just having so much more fun than on the Detours tour. She closed with absolutely stunning version of I Shall Believe that started with just her at the piano and then broke into a massive LOUD bluesy jam, superb!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Sheryl kicked ASS last night!! A great set, but very heavy on the new album, and she was just having so much more fun than on the Detours tour. She closed with absolutely stunning version of I Shall Believe that started with just her at the piano and then broke into a massive LOUD bluesy jam, superb!
I L-O-V-E I Shall Believe! I think it gives me chills every single time I listen to it. Glad you enjoyed your show! I've been keeping track of Sheryl's setlist for this tour, and it looks like she is indeed playing mostly 100 Miles From Memphis material... but I think that's great! It's pretty cool that at this point in her career she isn't relegating herself to the hits. I'll catch her one of these days!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Junior Ledgie

I know this is a little late but I saw Sheryl this June at the Fraze, in Dayton, OH. It was before 100 Miles came out, but she did start the show with Our Love is Fading, which was a good opening song, even though I had never heard of it. We only heard about 6 or 7 songs, all stuff from the first 2 or 3 albums, because there was a really bad storm coming so they stopped the concert, which sucked but you can't do much about the weather. I'm glad you had a good time, I also love I Shall Believe.