The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know Chili likes to remind us that Buckingham Nicks was once a support act!

I know, that doesn't make it any easier. All I can say is that I loved Chris Isaak on the bill with Stevie. Other than that, it's a bummer.

Michele
Old 10-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I knew someone would come back with BN

I think that most of the time it's not because the support act is actually that awful, but because it's an absolute killer sitting through it whilst waiting with eager anticipation for the main event. So generally it is the concept of a support act that gets my goat, not the artists themselves.

Chris Isaak with Stevie would've been terrific. It reminded me actually that Chris Isaak's support act for his Australian tour earlier this year (a former Australian Idol contestant) went down very well with me. Mostly because I thought he was a bit of a spunk and I loved his cheeky character, but also, muscially speaking, he was excellent.

Anyway, I was hunting around for more info about The Verses, and note that their agent profile says they have drawn inspiration "from such classic singers/bands as Neil Young, The Pretenders and Fleetwood Mac." I suppose I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try to go to the Brissie concert with open ears
Old 10-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if anyone knows that you can download The Verses new single from a link from that sun herald article that was posted previously...it's called "Forever More" (it's not too bad but i did start to go to a sleep a bit about 2mins in)
Killing Heidi were a band that soared up the Aussie charts in the early 2000's and then died pretty soon after that. the verses is just the brother and sister from that band, my older brother saw them as Killing Heidi at the Big Day Out ages ago and said that they were really crap live. So maybe they'll be another "studio" band just like most other bands these days... If they end up supporting the Mac at Sydney i'll give them a go but that does mean i'll like it...

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 10-17-2009, 04:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
I knew someone would come back with BN

I think that most of the time it's not because the support act is actually that awful, but because it's an absolute killer sitting through it whilst waiting with eager anticipation for the main event. So generally it is the concept of a support act that gets my goat, not the artists themselves.
exactly!
i havent heard of them, have no idea about their music
but i would have the same opinion no matter who the band was
im not interested in an opening act prolonging the anticipation of seeing MY band. im already all freaked out the whole day waiting for the night to roll around. and being IN the venue and having to sit through a warmer up...i would rather hear Mac tunes pumping through the sound system
Old 10-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default You poor suckers

“We are very excited to be working with the people at Warners for our new project The Verses as we really respect their nurturing of local talent,” the pair said in a statement. “The Verses has been something we have been creating with a lot of love and are looking forward to sharing our music again. We are thrilled to be debuting our new band on the Fleetwood Mac tour in December, who are one of our favourite groups!“

The band’s first single “Forever More” will hit radio on October 26, but you can get it for free now at The Versus website. The song comes from the band’s debut EP, which is scheduled to drop on November 13. That gives fans just enough time to learn all the songs ahead of the Fleetwood Mac tour. Here are all the dates!

1 & 2 December 2009 – Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
5 December 2009 – Hope Estate Winery, Hunter Valley
7 December 2009 – Acer Arena, Sydney
11 & 12 December 2009 – Members Equity, Perth
15 & 16 December 2009 – Entertainment Centre, Brisbane

http://www.ozmusicscene.com/the-vers...ngle-download/