Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Talking Great quality Florida Farewell tour shows 1990

Full show Miami Arena, Miami, FL 10/24/1990 - Band does SAVE ME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KuQ1uGMlZo

Gainesville, Florida 10/17/1990 - You must hear Stevie's dedication for Landslide. The son of her first love was a teenager in the audience and dedicates Landslide to his dad. Check out Stevie's foot stomping before she starts to sing Stand Back. It almost looks like she is line dancing LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LolwWGBOXcU
Part 2
Stevie looks like a drunk cougar mom dancing at a wedding during "Tear it up"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vREvIB9dBcE

Stevie's shoulder pads for Stand on the Rock are ridiculous. She almost looks like that Carol Burnett sketch where she made a dress from a curtain rod. I remember why I loved this tour so much. Stevie danced like crazy with Rick and Billy. Christine and Stevie were at their peak cougar sexiness. Christine showing off her great legs. Of all the Fleetwood Mac shows I have seen, this is definitely one of my favorite tours. Billy and Rick had some roots in the band and could explore some. The songs like Rhiannon and Isn't it Midnight just have more teeth than the 1987 tour. The way Stevie would egg on the crowd during the Stand Back intro was so much fun. In Allentown, PA about a month after these shows a fan runs on stage and almost tackles Stevie during the Stand Back intro. He grabs her by the waist and knocks her back before security hauls him off. Stevie never missed a beat and never missed a note and shrugged it off. She got the fans in an uproar.
Note: The Gainesville, FL show is the opening night of the Farewell tour when the Mac comes back to the states after cancelling gigs due to Christine's father passing.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-10-2016 at 07:24 AM..
Old 07-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Ledgie

Great stuff! Thanks for posting.
I have vivid memories of this tour and still consider it to have been a great line-up. Would love to see some video footage of comparable quality of the 'Shake the Cage 'tour in 1987 - seems to be very little out there.
Given that the band was on the verge of practically winding up in this Fall/Winter tour of 1990(Mick's book, Stevie and Chris announcing their 'retirement' etc), I'm always impressed that they still give 100% performance despite all of the behind the scenes stuff. True professionals!
Old 07-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
Great stuff! Thanks for posting.
I have vivid memories of this tour and still consider it to have been a great line-up. Would love to see some video footage of comparable quality of the 'Shake the Cage 'tour in 1987 - seems to be very little out there.
Given that the band was on the verge of practically winding up in this Fall/Winter tour of 1990(Mick's book, Stevie and Chris announcing their 'retirement' etc), I'm always impressed that they still give 100% performance despite all of the behind the scenes stuff. True professionals!
You hit the nail on the head. I believe Christine was a leader of the band at this time. Mick and Stevie had their substance abuse and Christine was the ultimate professional and the rock to the band. Rick and Billy were more relaxed this tour.
They put on a great show and gave 100%.
This tour had many problems. It would have been easy to not continue the tour in late 1990. But they made up their US dates and kept their word.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I cant stop watching these concerts. I cant believe the energy all the band members had. Billy and Rick running all over the place, Christine bouncing and dancing behind keyboards, and Stevie danced like I have never seen her dance on any tour. Even John runs around the stage. In 1990 they were considered "old." They have a packed house for the Gainesville show because they keep acknowledging the crowd in the back of the stage.
Tear it up was a great encore. Stevie does a full "edge walk" after Go Your Own Way in Gainesville and has a huge haul and shook all the hands along the way.
This was the end of an era for sure. Stevie never did that again at any Mac show.
Brings back great memories. I remember in Pittsburgh during Don't Stop Stevie and John were playing with eachother and chasing each other all over the stage. Stevie was not even singing because she was laughing and running from John.
I love the way Stevie turns to her background singers during Stand Back and repeatedly turns the microphone during the whole show. I also believe this was the last Mac tour where Stevie wore her trademark high platform boots. She wore boots for the Dance but they were scaled down.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-16-2016 at 05:40 AM..
Old 07-19-2016, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for the uploads!

They still did Save Me in October? At what point then was it dropped for Love Is Dangerous?
Old 07-19-2016, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann View Post
Thank you for the uploads!

They still did Save Me in October? At what point then was it dropped for Love Is Dangerous?
I saw them in November 1990. Love is Dangerous was still in the set. Save Me was switched for Say You Love me. At least in Pittsburgh it was.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Thank you very much for finding this.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Full show Miami Arena, Miami, FL 10/24/1990 - Band does SAVE ME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KuQ1uGMlZo

Part 2
Stevie looks like a drunk cougar mom dancing at a wedding during "Tear it up"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vREvIB9dBcE

Stevie's shoulder pads for Stand on the Rock are ridiculous. She almost looks like that Carol Burnett sketch where she made a dress from a curtain rod. I remember why I loved this tour so much. Stevie danced like crazy with Rick and Billy. Christine and Stevie were at their peak cougar sexiness
Love it!! That's not a COUGAR, that is a MOUNTAIN LION. Stevie's dancing all over the stage like a wild cat, doing the lean over, prancing her hair upside down.......ARE WE REALLY SURE SHE WAS ON KLONOPIN DURING THIS TOUR? Was she on a temporary tranquilizer break? Tear it up, Stevie, tear it up !! (PS....LOVE the shoulder pads.)
Old 08-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Love it!! That's not a COUGAR, that is a MOUNTAIN LION. Stevie's dancing all over the stage like a wild cat, doing the lean over, prancing her hair upside down.......ARE WE REALLY SURE SHE WAS ON KLONOPIN DURING THIS TOUR? Was she on a temporary tranquilizer break? Tear it up, Stevie, tear it up !! (PS....LOVE the shoulder pads.)
Ha!
Mountain Lion