Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
And I don't think we've forgotten about him. I think right now, attention in the MEDIA has been shifted to the war in Iraq. Who's to say that we've not been attempting to locate Osama Bin Laden and who's to say we don't have any leads on his whereabouts?

The man is on kidney dialysis. Where is he? In a fu*king cave? Our first and foremost priority should have been to find the man who killed 3000 of our citizens on September11, not to play "You tried to kill my daddy-now give me the oil."
That said, please do not take my post as a personal slam.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 01-12-2004 at 05:25 PM..
Old 01-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

That's the problem with this country. Do you honestly believe that leaders of OUR historical past didn't run the country the way Bush currently is? .
Some of them ran it just like Bush but not to the extent that he has. He's dangerous.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
The man is on kidney dialysis. Where is he? In a fu*king cave? Our first and foremost priority should have been to find the man who killed 3000 of our citizens on September11, not to play "You tried to kill my daddy-now give me the oil."
That said, please do not take my post as a personal slam.
Sweetie, you and I may have differing opinions when it comes to certain issues but I would certainly never take anything from you as a personal slam. We can agree to disagree. Friends first
Old 01-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Sweetie, you and I may have differing opinions when it comes to certain issues but I would certainly never take anything from you as a personal slam. We can agree to disagree. Friends first
Whew. I thought next you might be saying that I scared you.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention

Vote for whoever you want, most of you will vote Republican anyways.

I won't and I'll fight to the death for what i believe in. I'm feeling very Kucinich today.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We're running rampant, though.

The fact is that one country does not and should not have the power to act however they want and exert military strenght on any country it chooses. We were wrong to invade Iraq and we're still wrong today.
I disagree, the UN did absolutely nothing (as is usual) for years. I feel we were right in that the long term war on terror can only be won by the stabilization of the Middle East. Iraq is the "eye of the storm" so to speak. Since the end of that regime, I've even heard that Syria has begun talks with Israel (by way of Turkey). That would never have been allowed to happen by SH.

Time will tell...

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 01-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Interestingly, is no one but me willing to admit that this entire Iraq mess was caused by SH and his unwillingness for 11 years to comply with the unanimous world opinion via the UN? If not, I just do not see a valid contrary argument.

Also, I agree, I think the Iraqi intelligence should be made public.
Uh...I completely agree with everything you have said in regards to the war on terror and our motivations for going to Iraq.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 01-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I have to say that you can count me out of these kind of political discussions from now on. We've circled the same things for over a month, the extreme liberals only agree with the extreme liberals, the dyed-in-the-wool Republicans (whether some of you care to admit it) only agree with the dyed-in-the-wool Republicans, the moderate Republicans only agree with the dyed-in-the-wool Republicans, and the ones who try to stay objective cannot do so, even if they claim they can.

It's gotten tedious and has degenerated into snarky remarks and vicious attacks on each others politics, none of which are appealing. I take responsibility for my hand in it, y'all should for yours. I won't single anyone out, you KNOW who you are.

Vote for whoever you want, most of you will vote Republican anyways.

What's a good political discussion without a little good ole' fashioned mud-slinging!!

I try to call a spade a spade and leave emotion out of it. But I stand by my views and am willing to call BS if I disagree, but I will try to tell you why. I am not a dates and numbers guy. I try to look at the broader picture. And if I believe something, I will continue to believe it until someone presents a valid and good argument as to why I shouldn't. I can also admit when I am wrong!

Hate to see you go..it's been fun!

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 01-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Guess you missed this quote from a professor at the Army War College in the article I posted:

"Record's core criticism is that the administration is biting off more than it can chew. He likens the scale of U.S. ambitions in the war on terrorism to Hitler's overreach in World War II. "A cardinal rule of strategy is to keep your enemies to a manageable number," he writes. "The Germans were defeated in two world wars ... because their strategic ends outran their available means."
Nope, didn't miss it. Interesting article, although I disagree with his theories on the whole. He compared the military overextension of the Germans in both world wars to the precieved overextension with the war on terror. That's his opinion and he's entitled to it. But that's a far cry from comparing Bush to Hitler.

The way our military is spread out around the globe could probably stand a rethinking, though.

Good article...

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 01-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess this is directed at me . . . sort of. And yes - the comparison to Hitler does scare me. You can make any comparison that you want, but I don't see how someone who was a mass murderer of more than SIX MILLION PEOPLE can be in the same league as Bush. That is just too over-the-top. There are so many other people in history that are/were much more charismatic and much more dangerous.

What I do not understand is why it is ok for someone to be "extreme" left in their views, but it isn't ok for someone to feel just as passionate about their conservative views. I can appreciate anyone's passion for their own viewpoint, but I don't think it is fair to be slammed for having just as much conviction, only on a different end of the spectrum.

Also - why is it that people cannot accept and acknowledge weaknesses in their own viewpoints? For me, it adds so much more credibility when people can admit that their views are not beyond reproach.

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 01-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Scaring all the people...but you'll never scare me" <---lame Bella Donna reference. I couldn't help myself. Nah, you're strong in your beliefs...you're not Jaws...or ET....or a small rabid woodland creature...then i'd be scared <333
Old 01-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
You can make any comparison that you want, but I don't see how someone who was a mass murderer of more than SIX MILLION PEOPLE can be in the same league as Bush. That is just too over-the-top. There are so many other people in history that are/were much more charismatic and much more dangerous.
Compare Saddam with Hitler if you MUST compare someone at all. Don't compare Bush. The notion that he and his administration are some sort of second-coming of the third reich does not settle well with me...it's ridiculous, IMO.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As for the bait: he doesn't need a lobotomy, he would have to fulfill the requirement of having a brain.
Now, even I think this is funny!

Old 01-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[B Compare Saddam with Hitler if you MUST compare someone at all. [/B]
Amen, sister!!

Please tell me that those of you who agree with this comparison of Bush and Hitler, can agree that Sadaam is more like Hitler than Bush is like Hitler (*pleads*).

Last edited by Mad4stevie; 01-12-2004 at 07:51 PM..
Old 01-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Give me a break. The mortars found were field tested. The tests err on the side of caution to protect the soldiers. What was actually in those has not been confirmed yet. We probably won't know what is in them until tomorrow. As I said, they were probably forgotten.
Your blind and strident defense of the neocons is causing you to lose your objectivity. I'm disappointed.
All accounts as of now point to these missles being used to carry chemical WMD. If that is proven false so be it. I am not married to the idea. I am just saying that they were buried in an obvious attempt to hide them gives credibility to the argument that SH was hiding WMD. I fail to see how this discovery proves otherwise. Again, it was SH burden to demonstrate he had destroyed these weapons. he did not do so. Instead, as it stands now, this discovery shows he hid them inspectors in violation of his agreement with the UN.

So, while my argument (I defend no one) is strident, I do not see how it can be called blind

save the cheerleader - save the world