The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 04-28-2004, 08:22 AM
CarneVaca CarneVaca is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
EEK - Let's hope its not directed at anyone in FM More likely, it is directed at Eddie Q. as no member of FM has done this severe of a thing to her. Rather, they have praised her, etc.
Maybe she's pissed off at Lindsey for hinting the band was better off without her.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-28-2004, 08:24 AM
CarneVaca CarneVaca is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I hope and hope and hope the songs are mostly sparse and the spotlight is on the piano, which I love from her. But, I am sure the entire thing will be great because she rarely does anything wrong IMO
I hope it's not. Sorry, piano in pop music is usually quite cheesy. There are the brilliant exceptions of course: Songbird, Let It Be.

Give me some shimmering guitars, a few power chords and a kick-ass drum beat. Bury the keyboard and use the piano tastefully, if at all.

Are you getting this, Christine?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-28-2004, 08:39 AM
strandinthewind's Avatar
strandinthewind strandinthewind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 25,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Maybe she's pissed off at Lindsey for hinting the band was better off without her.
FOUL

LB said that the band was doing well without her and her absence forced them into a diff. sound, which he was proud of. There is a difference.
__________________
Photobucket

save the cheerleader - save the world
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-28-2004, 08:59 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Hmmmmm. There have been some questionable album shots of Stevie, but I'll leave it at that.

Let's face it, both women get airbrushed for the album covers. Even the other members get airbrushed. It's normal. The cover looks like Christine to me, but like I said, let's wait before actually passing judgement until we see a good representation of the cover; the one on the Sanctuary website isn't one. Give the woman a break.
Exactly! Well said.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-28-2004, 09:01 AM
CarneVaca CarneVaca is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
FOUL

LB said that the band was doing well without her and her absence forced them into a diff. sound, which he was proud of. There is a difference.
Read between the lines, my friend. He was glad to be rid of her.

He was doing this:

And this:

And this:
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-28-2004, 09:03 AM
Gailh Gailh is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 1,975
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
FOUL

LB said that the band was doing well without her and her absence forced them into a diff. sound, which he was proud of. There is a difference.
Yeah but he also said that her material was not "emotionally incisive" and something to the effect that her songs didn't work too well live. It's always struck me that he's been a bit defensive about her absence - god knows why there's no need - I prefer the band with her in it but that's a personal choice.

Still I don't think the songs are directed at him - more likely her ex
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-28-2004, 09:08 AM
strandinthewind's Avatar
strandinthewind strandinthewind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 25,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Read between the lines, my friend. He was glad to be rid of her.

He was doing this:

And this:

And this:
I just did not get that. I thought they were all, esp. Stevie, very respectful of her. I think LB was just being philosophical in LB speak when he said that. But, I see others did not.
__________________
Photobucket

save the cheerleader - save the world
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-28-2004, 09:18 AM
CarneVaca CarneVaca is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I just did not get that. I thought they were all, esp. Stevie, very respectful of her. I think LB was just being philosophical in LB speak when he said that. But, I see others did not.
This is where, as a typical Lindsey fan, I say: Dude, I was kidding!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-28-2004, 09:20 AM
joe joe is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: New Paltz, NY
Posts: 1,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
I was thinking Loretta Swit.
yes! i was thinking of someone and she's close to who i'm thinking of...


ok, personally, i don't like the cover because it looks NOTHING like Christine to me. It's one thing to do some touch ups to compliment your features but to do it to the point that it makes you unrecognizable is absurd to me. i thought the dance cover made christine look like bonnie tyler. i'll take the big nose/skinny body/apple witch look anyday. that gave her character.

i do realize that the picture is not that clear and is small so maybe it'll look more like her on the actual cd. but i think that's stretching it though. i think she actually looks now the way she did when she accepted that award last year. when i first saw that, it was obvious that she had something done but it wasn't that extreme.

i don't think you can compare stevie to all of this. with the exception of aging and weight gain, she does not look all that different to me. she's still recognizable as her old self.

i don't understand why it seems that we've become so fixated on plastic surgery and, in some cases, yearning to look like "famous" people. it's a real pathetic society if that's what we've progressed toward. MTV has that "i want a famous face" which i can't even go into. what is wrong with what God gave you?
i understand "correcting" some minor flaws but it just seems that in a society that is supposedly condemning the emphasis on beauty, we seem to not be practicing what we preach.

Last edited by joe : 04-28-2004 at 09:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-28-2004, 10:16 AM
dissention's Avatar
dissention dissention is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 26,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
i don't think you can compare stevie to all of this. with the exception of aging and weight gain, she does not look all that different to me. she's still recognizable as her old self.
Have you seen the Dance cover, the Street Angel cover, and some of the shots in the SYW cover? C'mon now. On SA, it looks like someone went way overboard on the airbrush. She doesn't look like herself on the Dance, and in SYW, some of those shots are obviously touched. All you have to do is go to a Mac concert, front row, and look up. And some of the touch ups in the Destiny Rules doc were so apparrent; I mean, she looked twenty in some shots.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-28-2004, 10:22 AM
cliffdweller's Avatar
cliffdweller cliffdweller is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 4,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
Or Goodmorning Dr.Plastic?


Perhaps. I like the cover even though it looks nothing like her. The Dance album cover was totally airbrushed too. Christine didn't look like herself on that cover either, both she and Stevie looked about 10 years younger than they were. Loved Chris's hair extensions though.
__________________
<a href=http://i56.tinypic.com/142ybl0.jpg target=_blank>http://i56.tinypic.com/142ybl0.jpg</a>
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-28-2004, 10:27 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
yes! i was thinking of someone and she's close to who i'm thinking of...


ok, personally, i don't like the cover because it looks NOTHING like Christine to me. It's one thing to do some touch ups to compliment your features but to do it to the point that it makes you unrecognizable is absurd to me. i thought the dance cover made christine look like bonnie tyler. i'll take the big nose/skinny body/apple witch look anyday. that gave her character.

i do realize that the picture is not that clear and is small so maybe it'll look more like her on the actual cd. but i think that's stretching it though. i think she actually looks now the way she did when she accepted that award last year. when i first saw that, it was obvious that she had something done but it wasn't that extreme.

i don't think you can compare stevie to all of this. with the exception of aging and weight gain, she does not look all that different to me. she's still recognizable as her old self.

i don't understand why it seems that we've become so fixated on plastic surgery and, in some cases, yearning to look like "famous" people. it's a real pathetic society if that's what we've progressed toward. MTV has that "i want a famous face" which i can't even go into. what is wrong with what God gave you?
i understand "correcting" some minor flaws but it just seems that in a society that is supposedly condemning the emphasis on beauty, we seem to not be practicing what we preach.
Why can't beauty be looking the way you want to look. I think criticizing someone for the way they look is worse. While I agree our society has it's priorities out of whack, I think men and women should look the way they want to. I personally would never change my face, but I'm not in show business. I'm just a choir singer LOL, and nobody looks at me .

I could almost guarentee if you met Stevie or Christine, Cher, or even some male celebs, they would look totally different without their make-up.

Give her a break she's worked her ass off for over 30 years! Let her have some limelight!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-28-2004, 10:27 AM
cliffdweller's Avatar
cliffdweller cliffdweller is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 4,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
I hope it's not. Sorry, piano in pop music is usually quite cheesy. There are the brilliant exceptions of course: Songbird, Let It Be.

Give me some shimmering guitars, a few power chords and a kick-ass drum beat. Bury the keyboard and use the piano tastefully, if at all.

Are you getting this, Christine?

So I take it you're not a big Elton John fan.
__________________
<a href=http://i56.tinypic.com/142ybl0.jpg target=_blank>http://i56.tinypic.com/142ybl0.jpg</a>
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-28-2004, 10:53 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
I hope it's not. Sorry, piano in pop music is usually quite cheesy. There are the brilliant exceptions of course: Songbird, Let It Be.

Give me some shimmering guitars, a few power chords and a kick-ass drum beat. Bury the keyboard and use the piano tastefully, if at all.

Are you getting this, Christine?
I take it ur not a Billy Joel fan.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-28-2004, 10:54 AM
macfan 57's Avatar
macfan 57 macfan 57 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Give me some shimmering guitars, a few power chords and a kick-ass drum beat. Bury the keyboard and use the piano tastefully, if at all.
I think you got it backwards there. I'll take Christine's piano & Hammond organ any day.

Last edited by macfan 57 : 04-28-2004 at 10:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE
$275.03
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE
$123.75
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$29.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picture1978 Press Photo Christine McVie and Bob Welch - cvp35608
$19.99
1978 Press Photo Christine McVie and Bob Welch - cvp35608 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved