User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2018, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
From the late 70s-late 80s, I have VOLUMES of magazine clippings, etc.
They're dead to me now.
Do you remember Hit Parader and Cream magazines? I wish I still had those magazines. I took all the pics from them and RS etc and made a pic collage/album, which I still have. All the trite verbage gone, just photos remain.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
A thread of its' own perhaps? Not Mick's Billboard Interview. I really think that is a very interesting topic to begin on its' own. Or tie it into some other twitter thread?
Why does it merit its own thread? There's only so many things to be said about it. I just tossed it into the mix of opinions about the band's behavior. It is what is, nothing more.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Why does it merit its own thread? There's only so many things to be said about it. I just tossed it into the mix of opinions about the band's behavior. It is what is, nothing more.
Well it certainly doesn't belong in Mick's Billboard interview thread. Do what you want with it.

On edit I wanted to say that it was more significant, in my opinion, than to be buried in a Billboard thread about Mick Fleetwood. I apologize if I came across as being crass. I was really saying that I thought what you posted was more significant than that.

Last edited by jwd; 09-14-2018 at 11:22 PM..
Old 09-15-2018, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I've been buying tickets and supporting this band lovingly since I was 14 in 1997. The image in my signature - I sent them a letter to the village recorder when word got out they were recording. I was a huge fan of all of them, Stevie included for most of my life. This isn't a who's been a fan longer contest, but don't start implying im just bashing Mick or Stevie because I'm just a hater. I've absolutely shown my support for this band and have really had very little negative things to say until the recent events of the past six months. So take your ignorant garbage judgements and hop back on the garbage barge you arrived on.
Isn't that the great irony? Most of us who are so unhappy now have, for years, poured our hearts, time, and money into this band. We're so upset now BECAUSE of our love for Fleetwood Mac, or for what it once was.

I had been looking forward to a Fleetwood Mac tour pretty much since Glenn Frey died and the true Eagles died with him. FM was going to be my balm.

Ha! Mick and Stevie took my broken heart and threw it on the ground...and then Stevie danced a jig on it with a big smile on her face!

I'm well and truly crushed.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Well it certainly doesn't belong in Mick's Billboard interview thread. Do what you want with it.

On edit I wanted to say that it was more significant, in my opinion, than to be buried in a Billboard thread about Mick Fleetwood. I apologize if I came across as being crass. I was really saying that I thought what you posted was more significant than that.
Agreed. By posting it here, it'll get buried, never to be seen again, it about 36 hours.... and if anybody thinks "I wonder where the Dashut tweets were," it's not going to occur to them to look in a thread about Mick Fleetwood's Billboard article, of all places.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Gary Graff's article makes some great points about how Fleetwood Mac has always been about changing members.
I know! What a keen insight!

Quote:
They have more albums without Lindsey than with Lindsey after all.
. . . and Peter and Danny and Jeremy and Stevie and Weston and Welch and Walker and Vito and Burnette and Bramlett and Mason.

Quote:
Looking forward to hearing some Peter Green and Danny Kirwan songs in the upcoming set list.
Well, hold your breath!

moviekinks.blogspot.com